The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Thank you, TLLK for filling in that name of Charles' godchild Marina Ogilvy. I thought that was she, but I was not certain.
You're welcome. Glad to help.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Royal Highness

While I know that Margarita was Catherine's little bridesmaid and that W+C have stayed at Linley's château, if we're talking Princess Margaret's children as possible godparents, for some reason I think that Sarah is the most obvious choice. I'd love to see either her or David as a godparent to George, but I think it's unlikely.

I'm thinking something like:
Prince Harry
Pippa Middleton
Friend of William/the couple (probably Thomas van Straubenzee)
Friend of Catherine/the couple (I don't know any of Catherine's friends, but I can imagine that if van Straubanzee is chosen, one of Catherine's friends or another friend of the couple will be chosen as well)
A Greek/a member of the extended BRF (possibly CP Pavlos of Greece and Denmark)
Family member/friend/someone who means something special to the couple (I'm thinking Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, Tiggy Legge-Bourke, Peter or Zara Phillip)

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
While I know that Margarita was Catherine's little bridesmaid and that W+C have stayed at Linley's château, if we're talking Princess Margaret's children as possible godparents, for some reason I think that Sarah is the most obvious choice. I'd love to see either her or David as a godparent to George, but I think it's unlikely.

I'm thinking something like:
Prince Harry
Pippa Middleton
Friend of William/the couple (probably Thomas van Straubenzee)
Friend of Catherine/the couple (I don't know any of Catherine's friends, but I can imagine that if van Straubanzee is chosen, one of Catherine's friends or another friend of the couple will be chosen as well)
A Greek/a member of the extended BRF (possibly CP Pavlos of Greece and Denmark)
Family member/friend/someone who means something special to the couple (I'm thinking Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, Tiggy Legge-Bourke, Peter or Zara Phillip)
My guess is the first four and that's it. No extended family.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:12 AM
Serene Highness

Bosom buddies become royal godparents | The Sunday Times
Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah 1h Who's made the cut as Prince George's godparents? My exclusive on William and Kate's choices in @ST_Newsroom http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/People/article1326939.ece …
Seguito da HRH in BC and 12 others

Espandi

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 11h Sunday Times: Prince George's godparents inc Emilia Jardine-Paterson,Fergus Boyd & Hugh van Cutsem (old friends of Will&Kate) - @RoyaNikkhah

Well...At least we we'll see if that's true...
Here it is said 3 of the godparents are: Emila D'Erlanger, Fergus Boyd and Van Cutsem
Old 10-23-2013, 05:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Zara and six close friends of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge revealed as Prince George's godparents | Mail Online

Quote:
Prince William's cousin Zara Tindall is the only member of the royal family to be godparent, while Kate's old schoolfriend Emilia Jardine-Paterson and family friend William van Cutsem have both been asked to take on the role.
The other godparents are the couple's university friend Oliver Baker, William and Harry's Private Secretary Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, the Duke of Westminster's son Hugh Grosvenor, and Julia Samuel, an old friend of Princess Diana's.
No Prince Henry or Pippa Middleton.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I guess this thread could be closed now.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Courtier

The Daily Mail is talking nonsence regarding the absence of 'foreign dignitaries'. When were there ever 'foreign dignitaries at a BRF christening- this side of WW2?
Ex-king Constantine (William, 1982) was there as a Family member / friend rather than a 'foreign dignitary'.

viv
Old 10-23-2013, 08:02 AM
Courtier

I agree that William and Catherine are more traditional than some people would have us believe. Every generation of royalty updates traditions. For example, Prince Charles was the first heir to the throne sent to public school.

I am surprised by some of the godparents. I thought there would be at least one Spencer and one Middleton. I'm not surprised they didn't choose Harry and Pippa. As others have said, Harry, Pippa, and James will have substantial roles in George's life regardless.

I'm sure everything will go well, the women will all look fabulous, and we'll get some wonderful pictures.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Administrator

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked the following people to be Godparents to Prince George:

Mr Oliver Baker (Oliver Baker attended the University of St Andrews with The Duke and Duchess)
Mrs David Jardine-Paterson (Emilia Jardine-Paterson attended Marlborough College with The Duchess)
Earl Grosvenor (Hugh) (Earl Grosvenor is the son of The Duke of Westminster)
Mr Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton (Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton served as Private Secretary to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry from 2005-2012 and continues to serve part-time as Principal Private Secretary and Equerry)
The Hon Mrs Michael Samuel (Julia Samuel was a close friend of The Princess of Wales)
Mrs Michael Tindall (Zara Tindall is The Duke of Cambridge’s cousin)
Mr William van Cutsem (William van Cutsem is a childhood friend of The Duke of Cambridge)

As Prince George's godparents have been chosen, the thread is now closed. Please follow Prince George's christening in the following thread The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge, 22 July 2013 .

Thanks to all who posted!

Closed Thread