The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
I'll make my final prediction about the godparent of Prince George of Cambridge...
I think you may have hit the nail on the head, though perhaps not Pippa AND Harry. Maybe one sibling per child...?

I can definitely see a van Cutsem being a godparent, and I can see Sophie being chosen. It is a shame that the BRF are not that close to their European counterparts as I would LOVE to see Crown Princess Victoria as a godparent to little George, though she does have enough godchildren as it is!

Old 09-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Courtier

I don't know if I would rank Sophie high - but possible. I do think Sarah McCorquodale is a strong possibility. Possibly Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I don't know if I would rank Sophie high - but possible. I do think Sarah McCorquodale is a strong possibility. Possibly Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton.
TBH, I think they would choose Sarah before they'd choose Sophie. I'm still betting on a long shot of Laura Lopes though. I do think it'll end up being 3 godfathers and 3 godmothers with a good mix of family and friends.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Serene Highness

Sophie is close to Kate and super close to Louise. I think there will be 6 godparents -3 guys 3 ladies. When does the queen come back from Balmoral? Harry's South Pole trip is in November and Charles is going to Chomg in mid Nov. So late October for the christening. I hope that they do it in St George's chapel because where else should a baby named George be christened but a namesake chapel .
Old 09-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I seriously think it will be in the Music Room of Buckingham Palace as George is a future monarch but I do agree it would be most fitting to have his christening in St. George's chapel. Its also the burial site of King George V.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Sophie is close to Kate and super close to Louise. I think there will be 6 godparents -3 guys 3 ladies. When does the queen come back from Balmoral? Harry's South Pole trip is in November and Charles is going to Chomg in mid Nov. So late October for the christening. I hope that they do it in St George's chapel because where else should a baby named George be christened but a namesake chapel .
First off...I do know what you meant, Kate is super close to Louise, but I would hope Sophie is as well considering she's her Mother.

Second...I'd assumed the Christening would happen at BP in the Music Room, like w/William, but the more I think of, the more I like your idea. As you said, considering the symbolism of St. George's Chapel, and the little one's name...I like it. Just not too sure it'll happen, but I do like it.

As the date...October 30th is an excellent date for the Christening. A perfect date in fact. That it's also my Birthday has nothing to do w/it of course.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

xxxxx Pippa I'm sick of her, I want James as a godparent.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Since when has godparent selection become some sort of morality play from the Middle Ages? Why should any actions by Williams parents or by the Van Cutsem boys parents have anything to do with who is or is not "worthy" of being a godparent to Prince George?
Old 09-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Serene Highness

I don't agree, NGalitzine. the godparents should be people of enough depth and good behavior to be able to give guidance to the child if needed, even to intercede if needed, as Charles did with one of his godchildren. Otherwise the ceremony is a sham. It would be just like lining people up for popularity awards. I don't know all of about the potential godparents, so I won't advise who they should be. This is not a secular award ceremony, it is a religious ceremony, to be repetitive.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^^
I recognize that it is a religious cermony, having gone through it as the guest of honour and as a 6 times godparent in a CofE ceremony, but I do not think the parents of a godparent have anything to do with the selection of a potential godparent. To rule a Van Cutsem out as a godparent because some poster imagines some fault on the part of their parents seems rather unChristian to me, but then I have noticed that some of the loudest proclaimers of Christian values tend to be rather unChristian in their treatment of others.
Since Charles is godparent to a Van Cutsem son, and William and Harry have ushered at Van Cutsem weddings, and William is godfather to a Van Custem daughter it seems entirely probable one of the godparents of young George will be a Van Cutsem.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:53 PM
Serene Highness

This thread is getting crazy. You can't put the alleged sins of a parent on to a child. With that messed up logic, Kate should have never bothered with William because both his parents were adulterers so therefore he will be too.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Courtier

Maybe we should let the Cambridge's do the deciding and God do the judging. None of the rest of us are qualified.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm still pretty certain that either Peter or Zara Phillips will make an appearance among the godparents, I think they are much more likely than Sophie (perhaps not more likely than Sarah, but definitely up there). Along with Harry, Pippa and quite possibly a van Cutsem, one of Catherine's friends and one of the Greeks.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Since they are traditionalists I do think they will stick to having 6 godparents and will choose people who are close to them.

My predictions:

Zara
Lady Sarah McQuordale
Lady Tamara Van Cutsem
Tom Van Straubenzee
Prince Harry
James Middleton
Old 09-17-2013, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Good choices; only disagree with James Middleton. I was thinking James Lowther Pinkerton. they like him very much, and an older male is missing from the list which I think would create a good balance.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Good choices; only disagree with James Middleton. I was thinking James Lowther Pinkerton. they like him very much, and an older male is missing from the list which I think would create a good balance.

True, but I think Kate will want a family member.
And since Pippa was already in the wedding, I think they'll choose James. JMO.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Aristocracy

How about the Queen(OEII)?
Queen Victoria was godmother to many of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think William, or really anyone, has a duty or responsibility to make clear to the world what kind of marriage they have.

William and Katherine's marriage is THEIR marriage. and really none of our business.

I would not be surprised if we saw less of the Cambridges rather than more.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:28 AM
Aristocracy

I have a question are the godparents going to be announced before or after the baptism...I was just starting to wonder about that. B/C I know we'll get footage but this is done privately...
Old 09-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Usually we do not know who the godparents are until after the christening. We usually get their names at the same time as we get a photo or two released by the palace. Unlike other royal families to BRF regard christenings as pretty much a private family event.