The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2981  
Old 07-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 1,426
In BBC show Helicopter Rescue, William is referred to by his RAF colleagues as Ft Lt Will Wales. William has called his wife both Kate and Catherine but he always uses her full name when giving a speech - it always Catherine and I etc. Harry is almost always Harry except on paper in the order of services etc and very formal events like during the olympic closing ceremony he was Prince Henry of Wales.

I don't think Tiggy makes the cut for George's godparents maybe future kids or Harry's kids. The big question is siblings as godparents? If you do Harry and Pippa do you have to do James as well - that 3 of 6 gone. I wish for friends and family further out from the immediate family

Sophie, Peter or Zara maybe
__________________

__________________
  #2982  
Old 07-26-2013, 08:56 AM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,654
You dont have to have all of your siblings as godparents at the same time, so not James and Pippa.

My choice is

Sarah McC. williams aunt
Harry
Pippa
Van Straubennzee or a Van Cutsem
Trini Foyle, Catherines friend
Peter Philips.

Also, Jamie Lowther Pinkerton is a strong option as both William and Catherine are close to him.
__________________

__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #2983  
Old 07-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Some of the hatred towards the Royal Family from the Diana Loyalist really disgustes me and it does more and more everyday. George and Alexander honors the Windsor Family side family. They can't Handle the fact that William is related to the Windsors and that he is close with both sides of the family (Although maybe closer to his father side now). Really it time for people's to get over it and move in! William loves both side of his family equally and is close to both. He does not feel the sane way and they always be his family whether they like it or not.

I don't even try to mess with them anymore.
Hi, I'm new here.

I have to admit that I was really disappointed in the fact that there was no mention of or acknowledgement of any other family other than the royal family, with regards to the royal baby's name. It's got nothing to do with Diana, it's just so, I don't know, Kimjongil-ish? The child isn't simply related to the royal family. He's a Middleton, a Goldsmith, a Spencer, a Fermoy and I'm sure a lot of other things.

None of those things influenced their decision? In the 21st century, that kind of slavishness is really annoying.


As for God parents, I'll go with:

Van S - he's a shoe-in
George Percy
probably one or two female friends (I don't know royal pal names)
Jamie Pinkerton
probably either a member of the Duke of Westminster's family, or some other equally wealthy friend
and possibly one of Kate's friends

I don't see Pippa. My guess is she won't be considered suitable for the reasons she was rejected as a potential lady-in-waiting.
__________________
  #2984  
Old 07-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 2,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
If he was going to go by another name I would love for it got be Alexander. As for George I do not see them calling Georgie at all.

I hope you are right; I just can't stand when people put that ie on someone's name. It sounds so cutesey!

Someone mentioned that they might call him Alex for short, but why? George is a shorter name than Alex as it's only one syllable.
__________________
  #2985  
Old 07-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
Hi, I'm new here.

I have to admit that I was really disappointed in the fact that there was no mention of or acknowledgement of any other family other than the royal family, with regards to the royal baby's name. It's got nothing to do with Diana, it's just so, I don't know, Kimjongil-ish? The child isn't simply related to the royal family. He's a Middleton, a Goldsmith, a Spencer, a Fermoy and I'm sure a lot of other things.

None of those things influenced their decision? In the 21st century, that kind of slavishness is really annoying.
Hi Wilbur. Welcome to the board.

As you pointed out, there are a lot of family members and only one baby, so we may all have to be patient.
It's clear the Middletons will be very involved with the baby, and the royal family will be as well. We'll have to see how involved the Spencers are. I hope one of Diana's sisters is a godparent. Choices like this can be a nightmare in a "normal" family," so the media glare just magnifies the pressure that William and Catherine are under.

Catherine and William didn't mention or acknowledge any family members (including the royal family) when the name was announced. They said that they choose names they like. Some people think the chosen names are a secret acknowledgement to Diana's family, but I take the couple at their word. I'm sure he has been thinking about his mother more than usual and he hasn't been reluctant to publicly acknowledge her in the past.
__________________
  #2986  
Old 07-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 6
Thanks US Royal Watcher!

I guess it's just the press coverage that annoys me. Why the focus on only the royals? It just seems so medieval.
__________________
  #2987  
Old 07-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
Thanks US Royal Watcher!

I guess it's just the press coverage that annoys me. Why the focus on only the royals? It just seems so medieval.
Because there would not have been any press coverage if it weren't for the royal family. Some folks tend to forget that outside of a few people, no one would have heard of Lady Diana Spencer, the Middletons, or Sarah Ferguson if it weren't for their association with the royal family.
__________________
  #2988  
Old 07-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 6
The child isn't related only to the royals. True press coverage comes with marrying into this family, but that doesn't change the fact that the child is related to everyone else.

It's just silly to pretend otherwise.
__________________
  #2989  
Old 07-26-2013, 10:57 AM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 2,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
...I don't see Pippa. My guess is she won't be considered suitable for the reasons she was rejected as a potential lady-in-waiting.
Welcome Wilbur!

In fact, the lady in waiting concept was rejected in its entirety.
__________________
It feels like a place where no truth goes unquestioned and where there is much more discovering to be done in the world" The Duke of Cambridge, 12/9/14

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
  #2990  
Old 07-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
The child isn't related only to the royals. True press coverage comes with marrying into this family, but that doesn't change the fact that the child is related to everyone else.

It's just silly to pretend otherwise.
I understand your point, but I don't think anyone pretended that the baby isn't related to other families. In fact, I think Diana was prominently featured in the news coverage and I remember seeing several articles about the Middletons.
__________________
  #2991  
Old 07-26-2013, 11:48 AM
windsorgirl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I understand your point, but I don't think anyone pretended that the baby isn't related to other families. In fact, I think Diana was prominently featured in the news coverage and I remember seeing several articles about the Middletons.
Yes, I've been meaning to mention how delighted I am with the positive media coverage of the Middletons, especially Carole. Strange to me how the media chooses to build her up or tear her down, depending on the day. She deserves nothing but praise, IMO, as she has done nothing to warrant the bad and everything to deserve the good. I hope she and Mike are relishing their role as grandparents.
__________________
  #2992  
Old 07-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 1,426
The coverage in the US was pretty Diana heavy pulling out Lana Marks, Andrew Morton, Ken Wharfe and Patrick Jepson. You just need Paul Burrell or James Hewitt to crawl out of the woodwork.
__________________
  #2993  
Old 07-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 7
My guesses for godparents heavily focus on the BRF and royal, but do have a mixture. No one in Diana's family is a godparent to William, so it is possible that no Spencer will be picked. I don't see William doing that to Kate, and I think she will be represented and be able to include her sister. I think Sophie is wonderful, but given the history of divorce in the BRF I don't think they will go with a spouse. I really think no friends because if William has one than Kate should have one. Too many friends. My guess is that they will go with

Prince Harry
Pippa Middleton
The Princess Royal
Earl Spencer - if they go with Diana's family
Prince Pavlos of Greece
Queen Elizabeth II - I think he should have a reigning monarch
__________________
  #2994  
Old 07-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Princess B's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NA, Spain
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsmom View Post
My guesses for godparents heavily focus on the BRF and royal, but do have a mixture. No one in Diana's family is a godparent to William, so it is possible that no Spencer will be picked. I don't see William doing that to Kate, and I think she will be represented and be able to include her sister. I think Sophie is wonderful, but given the history of divorce in the BRF I don't think they will go with a spouse. I really think no friends because if William has one than Kate should have one. Too many friends. My guess is that they will go with

Prince Harry
Pippa Middleton
The Princess Royal
Earl Spencer - if they go with Diana's family
Prince Pavlos of Greece
Queen Elizabeth II - I think he should have a reigning monarch
If at all one of Diana's family is chosen, I highly doubt it will be the Earl Spencer.especially after his eulogy at Diana's funeral.

Her sisters or nieces/nephews would be a better idea, though I'm absolutely sure None of the Spencer family will be chosen.

Similarly I think of Kate's siblings this fine the honour will go to James Middleton since Pippa has already been chief bridesmaid to Kate.
__________________
  #2995  
Old 07-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
They should include Earl Spencer. Baptism (christeniing) is a Christian ceremony with a "wiping out the past, starting fresh" purpose. The Earl said some cutting things at Diana's funeral. Time to forgive. Time to bring families together where that is possible. I didn't know more than half of my family because of "disagreements". I am really sorry that happened.
__________________
  #2996  
Old 07-26-2013, 02:37 PM
BritishRoyalist's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post

If at all one of Diana's family is chosen, I highly doubt it will be the Earl Spencer.especially after his eulogy at Diana's funeral.

Her sisters or nieces/nephews would be a better idea, though I'm absolutely sure None of the Spencer family will be chosen.

Similarly I think of Kate's siblings this fine the honour will go to James Middleton since Pippa has already been chief bridesmaid to Kate.
Another reason Why I don't like the Spencer's (especially Charles spencer ) I wouldn't have a problem if it was one of Diana sisters or William cousin on that side but I don't see earl being one.

I think it will be one from Catherine side and one on the Windsors side.
__________________
Long Live the Queen!! The Real Queen of Hearts!
  #2997  
Old 07-26-2013, 02:46 PM
KPWillie's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
They should include Earl Spencer. Baptism (christeniing) is a Christian ceremony with a "wiping out the past, starting fresh" purpose. The Earl said some cutting things at Diana's funeral. Time to forgive. Time to bring families together where that is possible. I didn't know more than half of my family because of "disagreements". I am really sorry that happened.
Forgiveness is best for everyone and especially for William snd Harry. The Earl was in shock and pain and he was lashing out. I think it was a mistake. In a perfect world he would be forgiven and included, maybe not in this world.
__________________
  #2998  
Old 07-26-2013, 02:48 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,654
IT wasn't just the eulogy, its the fact that he cashed in on the whole thing.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #2999  
Old 07-26-2013, 02:51 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
They should include Earl Spencer. Baptism (christeniing) is a Christian ceremony with a "wiping out the past, starting fresh" purpose. The Earl said some cutting things at Diana's funeral. Time to forgive. Time to bring families together where that is possible. I didn't know more than half of my family because of "disagreements". I am really sorry that happened.
You make a good point about bringing the families together, but there is more to being a godparent than making a statement. I don't know, but it seems as though William is closer to Diana's sisters rather than her brother, and that should be the primary consideration.

It would be nice if one of Diana's relatives were included, but it should be someone who William and Catherine are comfortable with. After all, the godparent is supposed to help guide the child into adulthood. William and Catherine should choose people they know well.
__________________
  #3000  
Old 07-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsmom View Post
My guesses for godparents heavily focus on the BRF and royal, but do have a mixture. No one in Diana's family is a godparent to William, so it is possible that no Spencer will be picked. I don't see William doing that to Kate, and I think she will be represented and be able to include her sister. I think Sophie is wonderful, but given the history of divorce in the BRF I don't think they will go with a spouse. I really think no friends because if William has one than Kate should have one. Too many friends. My guess is that they will go with

Prince Harry
Pippa Middleton
The Princess Royal
Earl Spencer - if they go with Diana's family
Prince Pavlos of Greece
Queen Elizabeth II - I think he should have a reigning monarch
I think it would be hilarious if Princess Anne were chosen after her comments to the media.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HRH Duke Carlos Javier (1970- ) and the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma: August 2010- Warren Royal Families of Italy 222 12-05-2014 03:23 AM
Potential Names and Godparents for Zara Phillips Tindall and Mike Tindall First Child Zonk The Princess Royal and Family 110 06-05-2014 04:47 AM
Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions Zonk The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 3615 07-22-2013 02:30 AM
Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby principessa Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 390 07-26-2009 11:56 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]