The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Picture of baby on the other thread--he's well developed (not surprising) and going to be a big husky guy. Needs a husky name. You decide what husky name is. Robert, Richard, I think. Alfred would be historically perfect but Alfred doesn't sound husky today. Gabriel would be neat but perhaps too European? You know, the angel Gabriel, a big husky guy if there ever was one.
Picture?!! Where?!!

Old 07-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post

Picture?!! Where?!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-new-baby.html

Old 07-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Gentry

I'm not expecting many, if any, of the continental royals to be chosen as godparents for Baby Boy Cambridge, except for the Greek royals. I think we're going to see:

Crown Prince Pavlos
Pippa Middleton
Countess of Wessex
Hugh Van Cutsem
and possibly two others

I'd love to see Sophie get chosen, as I don't believe she has any godchildren and has allegedly been helpful to Catherine during her engagement and wedding.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Courtier

I'm just not that into Philip but agree that it is the likely choice. Some others mentioned that I DO like: David, Michael, Henry, Frederick, Edward. I don't see them using James as a first name, nor William.

As for godparents:
Prince Harry
Pippa Middleton
The Countess of Wessex
Peter Phillips (perhaps unlikely but I'm hoping!)
A Van Cutsem brother
??? close female but not Beatrice, Eugenie or Zara -- I don't know any of Kate's close friends, really.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Courtier

Would it be appropriate to ask the Catherine's parents to be godparents?
Old 07-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Would it be appropriate to ask the Catherine's parents to be godparents?
There have been cases where a grandparent was named as a godparent, so it isn't out of the question. I know George VI was a godfather of the Prince of Wales.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Duchess View Post
There have been cases where a grandparent was named as a godparent, so it isn't out of the question. I know George VI was a godfather of the Prince of Wales.
Given that, I think it wouldn't be out of the question for the Middletons and at least Charles to be the baby's godparents. I can also see Harry being asked.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm going to forget history and think about these 2 and start from a blank piece of paper.

Andrew is a strong option, with their joint history
Michael because both of them are close to Catherine's father
Charles, for the same reasons
Peter, Catherine's grandfather
Philip, William's grandfather

I would like them to call the child Charles Michael Philip Peter. 2nd son will be called Andrew.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Serene Highness

Are there customs for this (godparents) in the Anglican Church?
In my culture (roman catholic, netherlands) it used to be quite custom for the godparents to be the grandparents for the first children (first child: father of father and mother of mother, second child: vice-versa) and for later children brothers and sisters etc. but I gather that's not custom in the Anglican Church?
Old 07-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Royal Highness

Has anyone thought of one of the Serbian princes getting the honor possibly?

The Serbian royals are close with the British Royal Family, so that is a possibility.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

40 absolutely UNacceptable names from Vanity Fair.

40 Absolutely Unacceptable Names for Baby Boy Windsor… | Vanity Fair

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Nobility

I know this is a lousy prediction but the name Paul popped into my head he other day. If it was good enough for a czar, it's good enough for a king.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

My final guess (which was also my first):

George William Charles Henry

I also like Arthur Richard Henry George. It would be nice if Philip could feature; I can also see them using: George Philip Michael Arthur.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 07-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Aristocracy

Would they consider Victor? Could honor Queen Victoria with that name.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
40 absolutely UNacceptable names from Vanity Fair.

40 Absolutely Unacceptable Names for Baby Boy Windsor… | Vanity Fair
I vote for Prince Miss Thing, followed closely by Prince Dumbledore.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am still going with Alexander or Arthur, but I am leaning more toward Alexander as it's a bit more "modern". I wish Viscount Severn had been Alexander (I know it's one of his middle names but meh), so I can hope this little Prince is Alexander. The bookies have said James, and if they do name him James I would be a bit annoyed if I was Edward and Sophie. Of course it's just a name, and they can name him whatever they want. It would, however, be annoying to have boys of a similar age with the same name running around Sandringham in the future.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I am still going with Alexander or Arthur, but I am leaning more toward Alexander as it's a bit more "modern". I wish Viscount Severn had been Alexander (I know it's one of his middle names but meh), so I can hope this little Prince is Alexander. The bookies have said James, and if they do name him James I would be a bit annoyed if I was Edward and Sophie. Of course it's just a name, and they can name him whatever they want. It would, however, be annoying to have boys of a similar age with the same name running around Sandringham in the future.
I don't think the bookies realize that Viscount Severn is named James. At least that's what I hope is behind the support for that name.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Nobility

I'll stick to my guns and go for:
Michael George for the first two, but now I'm thinking Alexander (after the Queen) and Henry, after his most-likely godfather, prince Harry. So Michael George Henry Alexander. A big name for such a tiny person.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I don't think the bookies realize that Viscount Severn is named James. At least that's what I hope is behind the support for that name.
I personally don't think it matters. They're only second cousins. There are people in my family that have the same name who are close in age but who are second or third cousins.

I think James is still an option.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I personally don't think it matters. They're only second cousins. There are people in my family that have the same name who are close in age but who are second or third cousins.

I think James is still an option.
I agree. I don't think a name would be disqualified just because it's in use in the extended family (especially by someone who most people aren't aware of).