The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 12:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yup, I'd guess soon. Kate did say awhile back that they had a short list of names they liked.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Courtier

Really Charles will be King George? Why I agree I don't think that will go down to well if he was a lot younger and he hadn't been known as Charles for over 65 years maybe. Why can't he be King Charles and William King William? If they call the baby George he could be King George although like a few other posters I really think Phillip is a good tribute to his Great Grandfather. King Phillip? (and before anyone goes off in my family and several others I know Phillip is spelt with double L) Imagine if we got a King Henry the ninth. Lot's of wife jokes for sure.
I think they will try to shield the baby as much as they can but like it or not he will be photographed it's something he needs to get used too. I think doing photocalls every so often would help, the more they try to hide him the more valuable he becomes to the paps and the more they will go after him. We should get some official photos and the leaving the hospital photocall. After that we may not see him until his Christening. We didn't really see much of William or Harry when they were small either.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:24 AM
Gentry

Alexander Philip Charles Noel

Julian Henry Philip James
Old 07-23-2013, 01:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerPsy View Post
Given that Prince Charles will certainly take George VII,
That's not a certainty, in fact it looks more likely he'll reign under his own name.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I don't think there is any certainty about that at all. Infact after being known by the public as Charles for 65+ years I think it is highly unlikely he would ask the public to now think of him as George once he comes to the throne. I thonk the days of monarchs adopting new regnal names are over.
Agreed! I see no reason why Charles will go by no other name than Charles. I don't see him deciding to take on one of his middle names when he ascends to the throne.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:45 AM
Nobility

Arthur Philip Henry Charles
Old 07-23-2013, 04:43 AM
Nobility

I am thinking Phillip Charles Micheal George.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

It will be wonderful if they choose to name the baby Phillip to honour the Duke of Edinburgh
Old 07-23-2013, 05:39 AM
Serene Highness

Arthur Richard Charles Michael Phillip
Old 07-23-2013, 05:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Francis is a few more generations back. Michael's great-grandfather (Francis Lupton was father of Olive Lupton who married Peter Middleton, the grandfather that has been mentioned Kate was close to). Would make him Kate's great-great grandfather, and the baby's great-great-great.

But since the name is not only Michael's middle name but Diana's, it would be a good way to honor them both. If they use Francis, I don't see them using Michael as well.

I said he was Mr. Middleton's great- grandfather. But, thanks. I don't know if they will use Michael but I sure hope they do! Like you said Francis will cover many basis. Happy baby name waiting....
Old 07-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I guess there's still some time left for a final shot:

George Arthur Michael Henry
Old 07-23-2013, 08:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Agreed! I see no reason why Charles will go by no other name than Charles. I don't see him deciding to take on one of his middle names when he ascends to the throne.

No, he has been known as Charles for too long; it would sound strange for hm to suddenly become a George in his seventies (or whenever he succeeds)!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Courtier

The bookies top three names are James first, George Second Henry Third. They could have a nickname for one of the James's? Mind you Prince Edwards son James is known officially as Viscount Severn so it could be. I wonder how much money has been placed and won? Hopefully we will know soon.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:15 AM
Serene Highness

And what about :

David Charles Michael Philip .
Old 07-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Gentry

Funny, isn't it? It is the 21st century but Royal baby can't be named Ethan, Joshua, or Derek or Steven or even Daniel.
Not funny, it is a bit sad.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
Funny, isn't it? It is the 21st century but Royal baby can't be named Ethan, Joshua, or Derek or Steven or even Daniel.
Not funny, it is a bit sad.
Why he could be named one of these names? out that they do not seem to be family names?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Gentry

Quote:
out that they do not seem to be family names?
That's it. They choose from a quite short list of traditional family names. Nothing modern, nothing new.
I am sure they will not call him David or Thomas or Edward (although the last is a very family name)
Old 07-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
That's it. They choose from a quite short list of traditional family names. Nothing modern, nothing new.
Thanks.
Who knows, they might be revolutionner
Old 07-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Who knows, they might be revolutionner
I would be very surprised if they called him Arthur or Richard.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
if they compromise and choose an old fashioned conservative name but not a royal one I actually don't see an problem...Thomas, edmond, joseph etc. people would get used to it soon enough

I know it sounds superstitious, but I somehow think that would be bad luck!
Whenever someone's done that, the child doesn't inherit the throne (Think Eustace, Arthur, or even Joachim of France).