The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
I wonder how long it will be before we know the little Prince's name ?
I've heard 5 days (minimum) to a month (at most). I would lean toward the earlier guess. If not I think we may all go bonkers!

Old 07-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
George VI was actually born Albert Frederick Arthur George. He took the name of his father when he assumed the throne after Edward VIII abdicated. Admittedly Edward VIII was named after his grandfather, Edward VII.

Edward VIII was named after his Uncle - Albert Victor who was called 'Eddy' in the family and died - George V was very close to his older brother and Mary had been his fiancee.

Edward VII was never called Edward in the family - but Bertie.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't mind waiting for the name, but hell, I'm Danish so I'm used to it anyway

I'm pretty certain he's gonna be either George, Edward, Richard, Arthur, Alexander or Philip. George and Edward are the "safe" bids, very traditional names that wont surprise anyone. Richard, Arthur and Alexander are the refreshing wild cards. And finally, Philip is what I hope it'll be. I was initially guessing that Zara's bub, if a boy, would be named Philip, but I can totally see William and Catherine using it.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Courtier

I'm thinking if they call the baby George it won't be George Michael way too many bad jokes. George Charles Michael Philip maybe? They are pretty smart I'm sure they are doing rhymes etc and nicknames a name could have. It is one of the disadvantages of Philip as a first name it's usually shortened to Phil or Pip.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:33 PM

Given that Prince Charles will certainly take George VII, and he and Diana zeroed in on William as super-safe, and there are several Unfortunate Options (Henry [IXth], Richard [IVth ], John, James, and even Edward [IXth]), gotta figure another WILLIAM.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post

When did the Queen nix it before? Yes, perhaps 'worries" was the wrong word. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that some people on the forum are more 'interested' in the history of names than William or Catherine are. Although William and Catherine are probably very interested now.
The story - unverified - is that when William was born Diana wanted to name him John, after her father, and it got nixed.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:44 PM

What are the chances of a William nicknamed and called Liam?
Old 07-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerPsy View Post
Given that Prince Charles will certainly take George VII, and he and Diana zeroed in on William as super-safe, and there are several Unfortunate Options (Henry [IXth], Richard [IVth ], John, James, and even Edward [IXth]), gotta figure another WILLIAM.
I don't think there is any certainty about that at all. Infact after being known by the public as Charles for 65+ years I think it is highly unlikely he would ask the public to now think of him as George once he comes to the throne. I thonk the days of monarchs adopting new regnal names are over.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Commoner

I think Philip would be a nice name for the new Prince - royal enough but not as common as George or Edward; also a very nice tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:01 PM
Serene Highness

Now that little Prince Cambridge is here, I would like to see them honor Prince Phillip, I am just glad he is still around to see the heir to the throne X3. I know him him and William are close, so I like
Prince Phillip Michael Charles Louis
Prince Phillip Arthur Francis David
Old 07-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Aristocracy

George Albert Phillip Charles
Old 07-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
Now that little Prince Cambridge is here, I would like to see them honor Prince Phillip, I am just glad he is still around to see the heir to the throne X3. I know him him and William are close, so I like
Prince Phillip Michael Charles Louis
Prince Phillip Arthur Francis David
Yeah! That four generations picture of the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duke of Cambridge and Prince of Cambridge! Wonderful!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Commoner

I am really hoping for Philip. It would be such a great way to honor the Duke of Edinburgh.

My guess is: Philip Charles Michael Henry James

honoring great grand father, grand fathers and uncles - Longer than normal I realize.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:38 PM
Courtier

Okay to please a certain group

Dian Francis Spencer

King Dian (nice ring to it.)

But I think it's more likely:

George Edward Charles Phillp
Old 07-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Nobility

if they compromise and choose an old fashioned conservative name but not a royal one I actually don't see an problem...Thomas, edmond, joseph etc. people would get used to it soon enough
Old 07-22-2013, 11:44 PM
Aristocracy

His Royal Highness Prince Philip Arthur William Michael of Cambridge!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:49 PM
Aristocracy

James is the name of Viscount Severn since he is only 5 I think it is safe to say that name is off the table.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePatrick View Post
His Royal Highness Prince Philip Arthur William Michael of Cambridge!
that's a nice name . When will the Palace announce the little Prince's name?
Old 07-23-2013, 12:33 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
I wonder how long it will be before we know the little Prince's name ?
I think W & C will try to keep the name private for as long as they can. Just as they relished that time right after the birth, before all the world knew of the arrival. I think it might be a couple of weeks - if it isn't leaked. They seem to do a good job of keeping things private (I.e. baby's gender, due date, whose home they are at). I admire that they can do that, and believe their circle is very tight and loyal. Unfortunately for us royal watchers, we may not get as much info, pictures, etc. as we like.

I think W & C will really set some new precedents in the raising of a royal.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:37 AM
Nobility

I think the name will come very soon, as soon as they go home. This is 2013.