The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post
Never knew that, but isn't one of York's girls middle name Victoria.
Eugenie Victoria Helena- Helena for a daughter of Vic, Bea is named for another daughter, and has Elizabeth Mary for queen, queen mum, and great-great grandmum.

Middle names are totally different. Often see names repeated. Andrew has Edward as a middle name.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I saw this on facebook.
Name the Royal Baby "Joffrey" - The Petition Site

: p *runs for cover*

I did not have anything to do with this.
Oh, heavens no! That name is not bad, but the character who wears it is/was. Wowzahs, but I do love when people try to give suggestions that are outside the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Who ever made it, doesn't know game of thrones well. They said it was sponsored by the North, home to the Starks and other non-Lannister supporters. Name the baby Eddard would be more fitting from the north.
I'm finding this amusing. Thankfully, no one suggested 'Jamie' or Tyrion' as of yet.

Quote:
Yeah but remember the Lannisters are in control now. I thought it was funny. Joffrey isn't a bad name I can think of worse names in the world. I wonder if Will and Kate have watched or read Game of thrones.

Ok to be serious. George Philip Francis John
I like your suggestion, but I'd switch the first two names (put 'Philip' as first, because there has been way too many 'Georges'). I think it would be interesting to see how a royal sees 'Game of Thrones', and since it was based on Wars of the Roses, it would be nice to know just how accurate the author has depicted this type of conflict in a fictional setting. I'm on book five, and am certainly enjoying every bit of the series.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Commoner

A boy! I am so surprised- I was full sure it would be a girl!
My girl name guess was Victoria so in keeping with that theme I shall now choose Albert...

HRH Prince Albert Phillip Michael Henry of Cambridge

Baby Bertie
Old 07-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Serene Highness

I think Prince Edmund Richard Percival George of Cambridge would a very cunning name. Blackadder fans, do you agree?
Old 07-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Aristocracy

This was meant to be after what DariaS wrote, I forget that sometimes alot of people tend to post while I am composing sometimes.

I just hope Charles doesn't follow the name route that his grandfathers have done. I still haven't gotten everyone's names right before and after they became King.

I do like the name for Phillip but everyone seems to turn down any name of someone still alive.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:27 PM

Phillip Henry Francis James is my guess. Just a hunch that the first-born male descendants of the DoE will have "Phillip" somewhere in their names. Yes, I'm counting Peter Phillips' surname. And everyone's covered: "Phillip" will honor Charles, "Henry"-Harry, "Francis"-Michael (and maybe Diana), and "James"-James Middleton.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Courtier

Phillip Charles Michael James
Old 07-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Royal Highness

How about Julius?

He was born in July. And it's so emperor like.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Nobility

Most of the people with a problem with someone living with the name, is someone close in age. When you name a child for an older generation, like a great-grandfather, it is honoring that person. And considering the support Philip has given William, especially since his mother died, that would be a great honor. I still remember Philip walking with the boys during Diana's funeral. He didn't like Diana, thought she had tried to ruin their family, but he walked to support his grandsons on what was likely the hardest walk they will ever have to make in life.

Choosing a name for someone of the same generation, isn't really an honor. It almost seems like stealing their name. I guess you could argue Kate was naming him for her brother, but I don't know if her and Jimmy boy are so close, she'd name a son for him.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Gentry

Arthur Phillip Henry John
Old 07-22-2013, 06:39 PM

I am for....James Arthur Phillip Charles....then we could have a Prince Jamie! Or maybe Arthur James Phillip Charles. And how about Louis in the name somewhere after Lord Mountbatten?
Old 07-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Prince Philip Charles Michael George

Throw George in there, so if he wants, he can choose to rule as King George VII (or eighth if Charles proves rumors true and he rules as George VII).
I agree! Philip Charles Michael George, it has a lovely sound and includes most of the important male names.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Eugenie Victoria Helena- Helena for a daughter of Vic, Bea is named for another daughter, and has Elizabeth Mary for queen, queen mum, and great-great grandmum.
And Mary was also the middle name of Sarah Ferguson's mother, Susan Mary Barrantes.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
I agree! Philip Charles Michael George, it has a lovely sound and includes most of the important male names.
ooh, I like that! My favorite suggestion so far!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Courtier

I am going for: Prince Arthur Charles Philip Michael of Cambridge
Old 07-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
How about Julius?

Naming the future King of England, for a questionable roman emperor

If we are going to name him for when he was born

Philip Frederick Edward George:

Philip-birth of Philip of Castile, Spencer ancestor through his great-granddaughter Marie di Medicci

Frederick-birth of Adolphus Frederick, a cousin of Queen Mary, his mother was Princess Augusta of Cambridge

Edward-for Edward I's victory over William Wallace in battle of Falkirk

George- husband of Queen Anne, in honor of the Act of the Union of the thrones of England and Scotland
Old 07-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
How about Julius?

I had a doctor named Julius and he was wonderful. Calm, understanding and (more importantly) b. great at his job. I'd vote for a Julius right now!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Gentry

I'm thinking that George is the far-and-away obvious choice, even though I don't really care for the name all that much.

Prince George of Cambridge (later the 2nd Duke) was the last prince of Cambridge, the name is not used in the family currently, and it has positive associations with HM and the royal family.

Other than that, I would love to see:

Prince Richard of Cambridge
Prince Henry of Cambridge
Prince Charles Henry of Cambridge (would go by the double name to differentiate)

I don't see them choosing a name that hasn't been used before. They probably could have for a girl, but I don't see them doing it for a boy.

I just don't see Philip happening as a first name.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
It's not truly an off-chance; it's a monarch's name so it (and the other monarch names not in use) should be kept for the heir to the throne.

Edward and Sophie had the choice of thousands of names, while William and Kate are confined to only a few.

( I seem to recall hearing that Andrew was not allowed to name his daughter Victoria because Charles wanted it for his own daughter).
You could be right, but I think William is not as bound to tradition as his father was and both the Queen and Prince Charles seem to be supportive of his choices. Things have changed from 30 years ago. William and Catherine are pretty traditional, so I don't expect the baby will be named Alfalfa, but I think the Queen will acquiesce to virtually any name William and Catherine choose.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarchist-us View Post

I just don't see Philip happening as a first name.
I'm not arguing, but can I ask why not? I've been thinking that Philip is far more likely than George. After all, Prince William never knew the Queen's father. I also believe that they do decide to use at least one royal family name, they will also honor someone in Catherine's family.