The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really hope they go with Phillip. It would be such a nice tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh and a major way to honor his service to the monarchy

Old 07-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Nobility

I would love to have them name him
Prince Alexander of Cambridge

Old 07-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Aristocracy

I have a strong feeling Henry will feature as one of the child's 4 names
Old 07-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Courtier

George. :)
Old 07-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Nobility

Prince Philip Charles Michael George

Throw George in there, so if he wants, he can choose to rule as King George VII (or eighth if Charles proves rumors true and he rules as George VII).
Old 07-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I still say the Queen should have thought ahead and not allowed the Wessexes to use James!
They could have given their son any name since he won't inherit.
Why would she have stopped her son and daughter in law from using a name they wanted on the off chance that her then unmarried grandson might also have a son and want to use the name of James??? Seems a bit far fetched. Besides there is nothing to prevent William from naming his new son James. I don't think people would have trouble telling the difference between HRH Prince James of Cambridge and James Mountbatten Windsor, Viscount Severn. One will be famous all his life and the other today is hardly known outside of his own family and sites like this one.
Of course we have no idea if William & Catherine even like the name of James or have even considered it for their son.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Majesty

I'm rooting for Philip for a boy. It's a lovely name, and would suit the future King of England quite nicely.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Mary certainly thought so when she married Phillip of Spain.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Aristocracy

I saw this on facebook.
Name the Royal Baby "Joffrey" - The Petition Site

: p *runs for cover*

I did not have anything to do with this.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wonder if the name John will be used as one of the Princes names?

Wasn't Diana's father called John?
Old 07-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Aristocracy

Yes he was, that is a good name also. Ah let me correct myself according to wiki he was
Edward John "Johnnie" Spencer, 8th Earl Spencer,
Old 07-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post
I saw this on facebook.
Name the Royal Baby "Joffrey" - The Petition Site

: p *runs for cover*

I did not have anything to do with this.
Who ever made it, doesn't know game of thrones well. They said it was sponsored by the North, home to the Starks and other non-Lannister supporters. Name the baby Eddard would be more fitting from the north.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

Throw George in there, so if he wants, he can choose to rule as King George VII (or eighth if Charles proves rumors true and he rules as George VII).
We must think the same Countessmeout.

As I said before the birth: Prince Philip Charles Michael Henry. At least Prince Philip will be in the name because he was always there for Duke William. Prince Philip is the power behind the Windsor family. He especially took over when Diana, Princess of Wales died. Duke William and Prince Philip just got together a week ago. William is very close to his grandparents. And I think he might want to honor his grandfather because of his failing health.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Why would she have stopped her son and daughter in law from using a name they wanted on the off chance that her then unmarried grandson might also have a son and want to use the name of James??? Seems a bit far fetched.
It's not truly an off-chance; it's a monarch's name so it (and the other monarch names not in use) should be kept for the heir to the throne.

Edward and Sophie had the choice of thousands of names, while William and Kate are confined to only a few.

( I seem to recall hearing that Andrew was not allowed to name his daughter Victoria because Charles wanted it for his own daughter).
Old 07-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I'm on this too ...
Old 07-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Who ever made it, doesn't know game of thrones well. They said it was sponsored by the North, home to the Starks and other non-Lannister supporters. Name the baby Eddard would be more fitting from the north.
Yeah but remember the Lannisters are in control now. I thought it was funny. Joffrey isn't a bad name I can think of worse names in the world. I wonder if Will and Kate have watched or read Game of thrones.

Ok to be serious. George Philip Francis John
Old 07-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Nobility

A monarch's name that has not been used for an heir to the throne, since James II. Well his son, James, the Old pretender, the father of Bonnie Prince Charlie. Just because Edward is further from the throne, doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to pick a family name. He is a royal, and therefore family names are also royal names.

It is rumored Elizabeth/Victoria are earmarked for children of the heir.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Royal Baby Names from Sky News

Royal Baby Name: Kate And Wills' Big Decision

As per the Daily Mail, 'James' is favourite moniker for the new royal baby: Bookies offer odds 2/1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-England.html
Aristocracy

Never knew that, but isn't one of York's girls middle name Victoria.
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post
Yeah but remember the Lannisters are in control now. I thought it was funny. Joffrey isn't a bad name I can think of worst names in the world. I wonder if Will and Kate have watched or read Game of thrones.
I read the books, so in my mind Joffrey is a thing of the past, dead a few books back.

North never bow to the Lannisters. Some of the pretenders do for some power, but Robert, Eddard and the true Starks will always be Kings in the North. Hence the war of the thrones, Joffrey may be in power, but 'The North' would never run a petition for Joffrey, unless someone like Ramsay Bolton was spear heading it.

Geoffrey though is a good royal name though.