The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 12-05-2012, 03:28 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 1,674
^thank you for the names!

there is also some that i like Arabella, Jocelyn, Erika (not that traditional though), Elle, Ella, Esther, Kathleen, Mariam, Josephine, Eleanor, Primrose (unlikely), Rose, Sophia, Genevieve, ...
__________________

__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
  #222  
Old 12-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Queen Elle??? Queen Primrose??? Queen Ella?? Queen Genevieve??? I think people have to put "Queen" in front of their choices and then think twice about what they would name a possible future monarch. The British royal family are not known for naming their children after soap opera characters or supermodels.
__________________

__________________
  #223  
Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425


A year ago, I would have said Queen Estelle is extremely unlikely too.
Not that I disagree with you; William and Kate are almost certain to choose a very traditional name for their first born, most likely, a name of a previous Monarch,
  #224  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:08 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Queen Elle??? Queen Primrose??? Queen Ella?? Queen Genevieve??? I think people have to put "Queen" in front of their choices and then think twice about what they would name a possible future monarch. The British royal family are not known for naming their children after soap opera characters or supermodels.
Hey, I personally love the sound of Queen Genevieve!



/My name is Genevieve.
__________________
  #225  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Well if we are going to go out of the box to fantasy land:

Tinkerbelle Beyonce Coco Boadecia
Beckham Boru LLewelyn MacBeth
__________________
  #226  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Kotroman's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: -, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post


A year ago, I would have said Queen Estelle is extremely unlikely too.
Not that I disagree with you; William and Kate are almost certain to choose a very traditional name for their first born, most likely, a name of a previous Monarch,
Uh, I still can't get over "Estelle"... a French name for a child who should be the "Swedishest" of all Swedes, and instead of a name of several Swedish queens regnant (or at least queens consort) - Christina being the most obvious one. Yeah, I know, "it's a pretty name" and all that stuff, but still quite inappropriate.
__________________
  #227  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:26 PM
scooter's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Queen Elle??? Queen Primrose??? Queen Ella?? Queen Genevieve??? I think people have to put "Queen" in front of their choices and then think twice about what they would name a possible future monarch. The British royal family are not known for naming their children after soap opera characters or supermodels.
Umm...Savannah and Isla?
__________________
  #228  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Kotroman's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: -, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 463

They are not actually members of the royal family so they don't really "count". They are not princesses of the United Kingdom and their parents carry out no official duties, so neither of them is expected to do so. They're basically celebrities with cool ancestry. But I did find those names bizarre, I must admit.
__________________
  #229  
Old 12-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Lady Oona's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 55
Cecilia is gorgeous but to French sounding to be a true possibility. I'm hoping for something a little different but still historical name just like Mary and Fred did with Princess Isabella.
__________________
  #230  
Old 12-05-2012, 06:32 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,320
Whatever name they choose, journalists will dig through the history books and drag out something horrible about someone who had the same name: Isabel (She-wolf of France); John (Lackland); Edward (Longshanks or Hammer of the Scots); Mary (Bloody Mary) and so on.

Since I did my list a few days ago, I've read all of the suggestions and am adding Eleanor to my list - it is a beautiful name.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #231  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
HHHermione, I love the name Genevieve. It was the name of my mother's eldest sister, who died as a child. It is a name which was very popular among Irish Catholics back around the turn of the 19th to 20th centuries. Because Genevieve was a revered saint.
Did you know Queen Margaret of Scotland is a saint to the Catholic Church? And also to the Episcopal Church in the USA (I suppose therefore to the Church of England).

It is not far out for a royal name although of course unusual. I am in favor of traditional but unusual names for the babies. Plenty of those names, as I posted before, such as Alice.

I believe Estelle was a woman married to the first modern king of Sweden. They were divorced at some point, so she is controversial as a role model, but I think Victoria may be a maverick and supportive of royal women. I have heard they are even trying to emerge the tiara which belonged to the original Estelle; is that right, do you remember?
__________________
  #232  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:37 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
HHHermione, I love the name Genevieve. It was the name of my mother's eldest sister, who died as a child. It is a name which was very popular among Irish Catholics back around the turn of the 19th to 20th centuries. Because Genevieve was a revered saint.
Did you know Queen Margaret of Scotland is a saint to the Catholic Church? And also to the Episcopal Church in the USA (I suppose therefore to the Church of England).

It is not far out for a royal name although of course unusual. I am in favor of traditional but unusual names for the babies. Plenty of those names, as I posted before, such as Alice.

I believe Estelle was a woman married to the first modern king of Sweden. They were divorced at some point, so she is controversial as a role model, but I think Victoria may be a maverick and supportive of royal women. I have heard they are even trying to emerge the tiara which belonged to the original Estelle; is that right, do you remember?
Thank you! Yes, St. Genevieve is the patron saint of Paris. I consider it HIGHLY unlikely as a choice as well, and in fact, would be quite dismayed because all of a sudden, my rather unique name would be the next Jennifer or Brittany :) I guarantee the name they choose will see a major resurgence in popularity, no matter what they go with.

I was only registering my objection to seeing my name included as a nouveau name fit only for super models or actresses when it's a very old name with quite a lot of history and dignity behind it.

And yes, I rather like the fact that Victoria chose to name Estelle after one of the lesser known women in her family history. I thought it was a beautiful idea. Not sure about the jewelry rumor though.
__________________
  #233  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:55 PM
McKeen's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 61
How about Margaret, after the Queen's late sister? (And my mother...)
__________________
  #234  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
Hermione, I did read that it was rumored that "Estelle's" tiara was being emerged from wherever it was stored. That previous Estelle being the wife of Count Bernadotte.

I can see where it would be awful to have a name which became the New Jennifer. My name Mariel, oddly, is so unusual that I have met face to face only one other. I spent my childhood pronouncing and spelling it. Today I don't have as much trouble as I just say it very distinctly and spell if requested. As a child I was Marilyn, Mary, Marie, Mabel, Muriel, Merrill, Mary Ellen and probably several more I've forgotten. It is a joining of the name Mary Elliott, my grandmother. I just sign Margaret for my other grandmother if I can't stand dealing with the name-struggle.
__________________
  #235  
Old 12-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
McKeen, I have posted that I am keen on the name "Margaret" for the royal baby. Has some good associations in history, and also was the name of the Queen's sister. I like the other Scots names too, Alice (for Princess Alice) and Robert (for several Kings of Scotland) and Margery for the mother of Robert II of Scotland (sometimes spelled Marjorie). Of course there are lots more Scots names. For some reason I am very attached to the odd name Margery, perhaps because of the touching way in which Margery died in childbirth in an abbey near where my Scots family lived.
__________________
  #236  
Old 12-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minot, United States
Posts: 76
I don't think Margaret is likely because she was an aunt and not a direct ancestor and because there wasn't an English queen named Margaret. There's also little Margarita Armstrong-Jones, whom William and Kate had in their wedding party. I don't think you're going to see any repeats of names. I do like the idea of them adding a name that has some connection to where they've been living for the last few years or perhaps to Wales or Cambridge. The last Duke of Cambridge was Queen Mary's brother and her nickname was May. I wonder if they might change up the name a little bit and use May as one of the middle names instead of Mary.
__________________
  #237  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425


There were in fact several English Queens named Margaret:
- Margaret of France (wife of Henry the Young King)
- Margaret of France (second wife of Edward I)
- Margaret of Anjou (wife of Henry VI)

There was also a Queen Regnant with the name, albeit in Scotland, not England - Margaret, Maid of Norway (granddaughter and heiress of Alexander III of Scotland). Because of that, any future Queen of the United Kingdom will be Margaret II, not Margaret I.
  #238  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 3,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Well if we are going to go out of the box to fantasy land:

Tinkerbelle Beyonce Coco Boadecia
Beckham Boru LLewelyn MacBeth
I'll add Latifah to that list.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #239  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post

Umm...Savannah and Isla?
Two children who don't have royal titles and will never be Queen.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #240  
Old 12-06-2012, 02:58 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Since I did my list a few days ago, I've read all of the suggestions and am adding Eleanor to my list - it is a beautiful name.
But there will be a Queen with this name in Spain (Leonor is the Spanish equivalent of Eleanor) so I think it's less probable.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HRH Duke Carlos Javier (1970- ) and the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma: August 2010- Warren Royal Families of Italy 207 06-22-2014 05:08 PM
Potential Names and Godparents for Zara Phillips Tindall and Mike Tindall First Child Zonk The Princess Royal and Family 110 06-05-2014 04:47 AM
Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions Zonk The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 3615 07-22-2013 02:30 AM
Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby principessa Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 390 07-26-2009 11:56 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess eleonore princess elisabeth princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]