The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 12:46 AM
Serene Highness

There are a lot of people that they will most likely want to honor by including in the child's name. They are fortunate that they can use the Frances/Francis name to honor both Diana and Michael Middleton, as well as Caroline/Charlotte/Charles to honor Charles and Carol Middleton. Even Elizabeth is a nod to both Kate and Carol as it is their middle names.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
There are a lot of people that they will most likely want to honor by including in the child's name. They are fortunate that they can use the Frances/Francis name to honor both Diana and Michael Middleton, as well as Caroline/Charlotte/Charles to honor Charles and Carol Middleton. Even Elizabeth is a nod to both Kate and Carol as it is their middle names.
Clever way to avoid upsetting a relative and keep everyone happy, too. My middle name was given to me to honour a good friend of my mother's but my aunt of the same name always thought it was for her.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
Eugenie's name was actually inspired by Empress Eugenie, widow of the former Emperor of France, Napoleon III. Sarah, Duchess of York, spoke about a painting of the Empress Eugenie which intriqued her. Princess Victoria Eugenie, later Queen of Spain, was also named after Empress Eugenie.
My first thought at the time was Empress Eugenie, but I clearly remember an interview with Sarah in which she talked about Princess Victoria Eugenie. I had never heard of her until then.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post

Eugenie's name was actually inspired by Empress Eugenie, widow of the former Emperor of France, Napoleon III. Sarah, Duchess of York, spoke about a painting of the Empress Eugenie which intriqued her. Princess Victoria Eugenie, later Queen of Spain, was also named after Empress Eugenie.
Eugenie was named after Princess Victoria Eugenie not Empress Eugenie, it's been confirmed many times.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Nobility

Catherine and her mother Carole's name both start with a C so if a girl maybe the 1st name will start with a C. So I'll go back to my original one.

Cecilia Caroline Charlotte Catherine

Charlotte or Cecila Dagmar or Daphne or Davina Elizabeth Francesca

Or may Grape is the initals of the baby;
George Robert Albert Peter (Phillip) Edward
Georgina Rosemary Alice (Alexandra) Phillipa Elizabeth
Genevieve Rosemary Alexandra Phillipa Elizabeth

(or some other names that make up grape)
Old 07-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

Has anyone here actually placed any bets on names?

I've just had a little flutter or two
Old 07-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Serene Highness

Just thought of something...

W/Princess Alexandra both being one of William's Godmothers and also in such poor health sadly, i would not be shocked in the slightest if it is a little Princess, for her to have Alexandra be used as one of her names. I was firmly in the Charlotte camp for a little Princess, and still am, but now I'm split between the two after realizing that a few minutes ago.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Catherine and her mother Carole's name both start with a C so if a girl maybe the 1st name will start with a C. So I'll go back to my original one.

Cecilia Caroline Charlotte Catherine

Charlotte or Cecila Dagmar or Daphne or Davina Elizabeth Francesca

Or may Grape is the initals of the baby;
George Robert Albert Peter (Phillip) Edward
Georgina Rosemary Alice (Alexandra) Phillipa Elizabeth
Genevieve Rosemary Alexandra Phillipa Elizabeth

(or some other names that make up grape)
Rosemary? I highly doubt they would include Camilla and her mother, and even less, that they would do so and not include an honor to Diana. Will is mommy whipped, he could never dishonor her like that.

Dagmar? Daphne? Davina? Dagmar for a British princess. Danes don't even go that traditional any more. George V's sister Louise may have had the name, but their mother was also a Danish princess, and her sister was Dagmar. Davina may be a Windsor name, but not for a future heiress IMO, and Daphne seems out of left field. Francesca? Why would they go French and not simply Francis/es for Diana and Michael? And for a British princess?

George Richard Arthur Philip Edward- if you want Grape
Old 07-11-2013, 11:54 PM
Majesty

If it is a princess born on the 17th - where do you think Camilla will be in the list of names?
Old 07-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
If it is a princess born on the 17th - where do you think Camilla will be in the list of names?
If the baby's born on Camilla's birthday and is a girl they should totally go with _(given name)_ Diana Camilla.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:33 AM
Aristocracy

Hi,

I still like Philip - to honour The Duke of Edinburgh. But, Geoffrey is an old Plantagenet name and would be different.

Also Plantagenet - Eleanor. I also favour Alexandra and Charlotte.

Larry
Old 07-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
If the baby's born on Camilla's birthday and is a girl they should totally go with _(given name)_ Diana Camilla.
could you imagine the tabloid frenzy? *shudders*
Old 07-12-2013, 02:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarchist-us View Post

could you imagine the tabloid frenzy? *shudders*
It would be hilarious. And they couldn't call it an insult to Diana either, because both names would be in there.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:20 AM
Aristocracy

I think this forum would blow up. The combination doesn't sound like it would go together. Though I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Diana, Elizabeth or Carole as part of the name. Or they could forgo the name Diana just so they don't saddle the kid with unforseen pressure to be like their grandmother.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Francesca? Why would they go French and not simply Francis/es for Diana and Michael? And for a British princess?
Francesca is an Italian name. The French equivalent of Frances is Francoise (or, less commonly, France).
Old 07-12-2013, 06:53 AM
Courtier

I would think that only British tradition names would be used for a future British monarch.

I can see Andrew gaining a little in the middle name spot maybe instead of Arthur. They both love Scotland, meet at St Andrews Univ. plus Kate is tennis mad and Andy Murray just won.

I also like Joanne and Alexis as middle names for future kids as William always remembers his 2 fallen military comrades on his Remembrance Day wreaths.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Gentry

I would be very surprised if a girl is born if Elizabeth is not among the names.

In fact, I can see Elizabeth appearing somewhere in the names of at least one girl child in each of the grandchildren's family (Peter, Zara, William, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise and James).

Isla Elizabeth Phillips being the first...
Old 07-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Aristocracy

A lot of the answers here seem more like what various posters would like to name their child, than what William and Kate might actually name their child.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe if it's a girl, they will name it Amelia. Not only is it beautiful, Catherine's maternal great-great-grandmother was named Amelia.

Princess Amelia of Cambridge sounds great.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Maybe if it's a girl, they will name it Amelia. Not only is it beautiful, Catherine's maternal great-great-grandmother was named Amelia.

Princess Amelia of Cambridge sounds great.
Amelia is a beautiful name, but you have to remember, this child will be the future monarch. So for every name you think of, you have to put "King" or "Queen" in front of it. Princess Amelia sounds pretty, but Queen Amelia...it sounds a bit off.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Closed Thread