The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Serene Highness

Well, troops, it can't be long! Go, Cambridge Baby!

Old 07-04-2013, 12:45 AM
Serene Highness

I think they should at least use Caroline somewhere in the name. There was a Queen Caroline once me thinks. It would be a nice tribute to her mum and a nice change for this modern monarchy. Dont you all agree? How about Caroline Elizabeth Victoria Francis?

Old 07-04-2013, 01:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I think they should at least use Caroline somewhere in the name. There was a Queen Caroline once me thinks. It would be a nice tribute to her mum and a nice change for this modern monarchy. Dont you all agree? How about Caroline Elizabeth Victoria Francis?
I wholeheartedly disagree. Not only because I personally dislike the name Caroline, it just doesn't have a regal ring to it bit like Queen Charlene but more polished.

Queen Caroline of Brunswick was married to George IV and gave birth to Princess Charlotte of Wales.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

I wholeheartedly disagree. Not only because I personally dislike the name Caroline, it just doesn't have a regal ring to it bit like Queen Charlene but more polished.

Queen Caroline of Brunswick was married to George IV and gave birth to Princess Charlotte of Wales.
I wonder what names suggestions William Catherine family and friends have given them? Or if they have like any family when someone is expecting a baby and give their opinions on names and suggestions
Old 07-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post

I wonder what names suggestions William Catherine family and friends have given them? Or if they have like any family when someone is expecting a baby and give their opinions on names and suggestions
This reminds me of the friends episode when Monica tells Rachel the names she's picked for her children when she has them and Rachel steals them!

I definitely believe in name fitting the baby, not giving the baby a name and then seeing it and thinking that's not a .... :)
Old 07-04-2013, 02:25 AM
Commoner

Princess Amelia Elizabeth Diana Victoria
Old 07-04-2013, 06:05 AM
Royal Highness

Sorry if this question has appeared before - but this is a very long thread- does the Queen have the right to be consulted about the name of the first born?
Old 07-04-2013, 06:07 AM
Nobility

I know that some do not want the name Diana because the girl may never be her own person but I actually think it would be great if they include it in the middle. It's a really great way to honor Diana.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Commoner

U agree Christy I would love Victoria Diana to remember Diana by and have it as a middle name and Victoria as the first name because a Victoria II would be incredible
Old 07-04-2013, 03:16 PM

In my opinion for whatever its worth (and that's not much! Especially in this economy LOL), I think the baby should be named with some modern PANACHE as they say. I like the idea of incorporating some old names but with modern flair.

Catherine and Willem are a very modern couple and the baby should reflect that!

I've always liked the named Marcel and Julyin (with a y) for boys, and Stanza or Pastel for a girl. Those would be excellent names for the baby.

On the other hand, Victoria could be modern, and it would be a gesture to their good friend Ms. Beckham, as well as harken to the olden days! What a posh baby it would be LOL.

As for what I more realistically think they should name it, for a girl, I think Diana Camilla would be nice and really mend fences.

For a boy, Phillip would be great! But so boring!

Can't wait for this baby.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Gentry

If we are going a bit hypothetical, the name that I always joke to my family that they should use is Nebuchadnezzar! I really don't think that they would go for that though, and I'm sure that is a good thing. I don't think we want a King Nebbie!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Sorry if this question has appeared before - but this is a very long thread- does the Queen have the right to be consulted about the name of the first born?
Yes, the queen gets a say in the name.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Royal Highness

I think they should go for either Charming (Prince Charming is very handsome, though I somehow doubt that the transition to King Charming will work just as great) or Rapunzel (demands that they keep her hair long though).

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Nobility

Crazy names like Pastel or Stanza, go right up there with North, as OK for celebrity or common Joe and Jane's children but a royal? Or an 'american' spelling of a traditional name, like Julyin.

Pastel like Princess Pastel Rose of Cambridge? Queen Pastel? So regal

Camilla is just as unlikely. Will would not use the name, in Diana's first grandchild. He'd be worried his mother would haunt him.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post

Yes, the queen gets a say in the name.
Why would queen have a say? She can offer suggestions like any other family member or friend but if Will and Kate want to name their kid Prince Aston Villa Andy Murray of Cambridge the Queen can't stop them.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Why would queen have a say? She can offer suggestions like any other family member or friend but if Will and Kate want to name their kid Prince Aston Villa Andy Murray of Cambridge the Queen can't stop them.
As William said when HM says No, it means No. Sometimes it is good to be Queen.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Actually The Queen can stop them if she wants, She had a say In the naming of the Baby, It has to be a traditional Royal Name. I read once that there was a different name that Diana had in mind for William (I think it was John) but The Queen told Diana that she could not name her chin John because of it history. So yes The Queen has in the naming of the child and child godparents just like she has a say in her kids and Grandkids marry and they to get her consent first. They have to get The Queen Consent and approval on names
Old 07-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

HM is the head of the family, the head of the country, and so on.

When Victoria was born her parents wanted to name her Georgina, Charlotte, or Augusta, all of which were mixed by the Prince Regent (and future George IV). Victoria in turn pushed to have her grandchildren all be named after either herself or her husband. Other common names among her grandchildren show Victoria's influence.

It's been said that several names were considered for William, including John which the Queen nixed. When HM herself was born, it was her grandfather, George V, who said it wasn't important that she be a Victoria.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Courtier

I never heard anything about John as a name for William. The story I always hear that Charles wanted Arthur and William was Diana's choice.

William and Kate can always go to David Cameron and the PM can tell the Queen what to name the baby since the queen can't disobey her government :)
Old 07-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
HM is the head of the family, the head of the country, and so on.

When Victoria was born her parents wanted to name her Georgina, Charlotte, or Augusta, all of which were mixed by the Prince Regent (and future George IV). Victoria in turn pushed to have her grandchildren all be named after either herself or her husband. Other common names among her grandchildren show Victoria's influence.

It's been said that several names were considered for William, including John which the Queen nixed. When HM herself was born, it was her grandfather, George V, who said it wasn't important that she be a Victoria.
I think that the BRF became pretty darned tired of Victoria and her constant demands and whims. I don't think there's been a Victoria or Albert since as a first name within the BRF.

Worse than her demands regarding names was her demands regarding continual mourning for Albert and her departed children... but that is off topic.