Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way she is using a surrogate. She has done great through her pregnancy, and looked very stylish, however, she is definitely pregnant. That isn't very hard to see from pictures.

Yes, my remark about exploding was tongue-in-cheek, but I did mean to say TRF instead of the RF. That is, for new readers, The Royal Forums instead of the Royal Family. WE will explode.

But great ideas have come forth on names and things late in this speculative season. I think Carolyn Harris' post about royal but less usual names is excellent.

Some trolls have been putting this story around twitter for a while.

This is one of the reasons I think Twitter is mindless crap. No one every queries anything, there is just general acceptance. No one ever says "How do you know that? What is your source?" THINK people!!!

Last edited:
is it true that they used a surrogate? can't blame Kate. She has a fab figure, wouldn't ruin it for a baby if I was her.

LOL LOL LOL even the Daily Fail hasn't come up with anything that far out.

Cepe, I have not tweeted. This makes me very ancient, but I am too surrounded by technology to take on twitter. I can well imagine the nonsense that goes out on twitter and is accepted without question.

Cepe, I have not tweeted. This makes me very ancient, but I am too surrounded by technology to take on twitter. I can well imagine the nonsense that goes out on twitter and is accepted without question.

I dont tweet but that doesnt stop you looking at twitter accounts - I look at those for Victoria Arbiter, Richard Palmer,Paul Harrison, Royal Central and a few others. I'll never join it.

Now - starter for 10 (in case you are bored)

How many factual errors can you find in this piece of prose.

Prince William Had "Private Meeting" With Queen Ahead of Baby's Birth - UsMagazine.com

Yes, my remark about exploding was tongue-in-cheek, but I did mean to say TRF instead of the RF. That is, for new readers, The Royal Forums instead of the Royal Family. WE will explode.

But great ideas have come forth on names and things late in this speculative season. I think Carolyn Harris' post about royal but less usual names is excellent.

Lol, sorry about the confusion/mixup. I see what you meant now. When I read TRF I was thinking The Royal Family not the royal Forums as I have seen some refer too the Royal Family as TRF. Thanks for clearing that up.

Paul Harrison's take on the US Magazine story.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 7m
@victoriaarbiter @HRH_KLynch @usweekly I enjoy the USA's dedication to the Dook and Duchess, but sometimes, a few facts wouldn't go amiss!

Love the fact that he also sent it to them!

I find the stories of the Cambridges using a surrogate laughable even if she has been one of the slimmest pregnant ladies around and only looked pregnant in the last couple of months. I doubt they would be able to keep such a thing a secret, surely it would leak out. Besides, that would be a first - such a thing has probably never been done before in the royal circles.

I blame the month of July for the fact that I'm following this birth so closely. It is one of the few things happening this month. I fear however I'm expecting too much. I wouldn't be surprised if the birth happened somewhere other than St. Mary's and there would be very little publicity excluding a couple of photographs published later.

Is anyone else tired of the headlines already? I think the reporters have already reached a limit. Yesterday's story of the baby being the 23rd cousin of Beyoncé's Blue Ivy twice removed was absolutely hilarious! Like we wouldn't all be related if you dig hard enough.

is it true that they used a surrogate? can't blame Kate. She has a fab figure, wouldn't ruin it for a baby if I was her.
I bet the baby girl will be born on Camillas birthday and it will look like Diana. <333

U r kidding ..right?

She will be back to her slim self while nursing..

Is anyone else tired of the headlines already? I think the reporters have already reached a limit. Yesterday's story of the baby being the 23rd cousin of Beyoncé's Blue Ivy twice removed was absolutely hilarious! Like we wouldn't all be related if you dig hard enough.

Yes, the reporters are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now! Prince William is my 10th cousin (through Diana's American ancestors), but that is still distant.

Are you being serious?? you obviously have not seen any pregnancy pics of her.
Here's a pic that shows her bump clearly....Google Image Result for http://redcfa.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Catherine-Duchess-of-Cambridge-In-Tara-Jarmon-Naomi-House-Visit.jpg
As the mother of two the tell tale sign in the photo is not the bump, but the "padding" that shows up on the hips and backside when a woman is expecting. That is where the extra fat is being stored so a woman will be able to nurse her child after giving birth.

Kate does not have much, but it is there. ;)

Some trolls have been putting this story around twitter for a while.

This is one of the reasons I think Twitter is mindless crap. No one every queries anything, there is just general acceptance. No one ever says "How do you know that? What is your source?" THINK people!!!
I know of a board where the this is the lead story. :whistling:

She's a good looking pregnant woman.

I want this baby to be born as soon as possible . I can't take any more of these idiotic articles

I bet the baby girl will be born on Camillas birthday and it will look like Diana. <333

This rumour is kind of sad - and about up there with the whole "Harry isn't Charles' child" or "William's swimmers don't work, so Harry fathered the baby" stuff.

While adoption or surrogacy is, of course, an available option to royals, an adopted child or one born via a surrogate wouldn't be eligible to inherit. The only children able to inherit the throne of Great Britain are the legitimately born, blood descendants of Sophie of Hanover. A child who is adopted or born via a surrogate doesn't meet those requirements - an adopted child is not a blood descendant, and a child born via a surrogate does not have two biological parents who are married.

I find the stories of the Cambridges using a surrogate laughable even if she has been one of the slimmest pregnant ladies around and only looked pregnant in the last couple of months. I doubt they would be able to keep such a thing a secret, surely it would leak out. Besides, that would be a first - such a thing has probably never been done before in the royal circles.

Actually, rumours that a royal baby wasn't actually a royal baby have happened before. When James II's son, James the Old Pretender, was born, it was said that the king's child had been stillborn and another baby slipped in to cover it up so that a Catholic son would one day inherit, instead of James' Protestant daughter.

The bed pan baby idea was one that was so frightening that royal births (up until, I believe Charles' birth) were all witnessed by government ministers so that they could be assured that the child born was in fact royal.

This rumour is kind of sad - and about up there with the whole "Harry isn't Charles' child" or "William's swimmers don't work, so Harry fathered the baby" stuff.

While adoption or surrogacy is, of course, an available option to royals, an adopted child or one born via a surrogate wouldn't be eligible to inherit. The only children able to inherit the throne of Great Britain are the legitimately born, blood descendants of Sophie of Hanover. A child who is adopted or born via a surrogate doesn't meet those requirements - an adopted child is not a blood descendant, and a child born via a surrogate does not have two biological parents who are married.

I agree the story is ludicrous......but things would get a bit murky if Williams sperm fertilzed Catherines egg which was then implanted into a surrogate. The biological parents would be William & Catherine, they just would have used a rented womb to carry the child for 9 months,

Is it only me who everytime the news channels say..... we have breaking news coming, my heart does a little jump with excitement and then its nothing... Yet!
Everytime I see a Breaking News I expect it to be about Kate going into labour. I don't want to miss this. :lol:

I agree the story is ludicrous......but things would get a bit murky if Williams sperm fertilzed Catherines egg which was then implanted into a surrogate. The biological parents would be William & Catherine, they just would have used a rented womb to carry the child for 9 months,

There's a couple ways it could go:
- problem's with Kate's womb that causes her to be unable to carry a child, in which case they're renting a womb
- problems with Kate that prevents her from conceiving, that causes them to buy eggs
- problems with William that prevents him from conceiving that causes them to buy sperm
- some combination of the above

I think if a couple rents a womb but the child is biologically theirs then the kid should be eligible for inheriting whatever (thrones, titles, what have you), but it's kind of murky, and even more so if one of them is unable to conceive (especially if it's the royal parent).

As the mother of two the tell tale sign in the photo is not the bump, but the "padding" that shows up on the hips and backside when a woman is expecting. That is where the extra fat is being stored so a woman will be able to nurse her child after giving birth.

Kate does not have much, but it is there. ;)

yep, I know all about that extra padding around the hips and backside :sad:
Also, her face is a lot fuller.

One thing is certain is that this child will be born before 27th July. Doctors will not allow a pregnancy to go over 42 weeks.

Actually, rumours that a royal baby wasn't actually a royal baby have happened before. When James II's son, James the Old Pretender, was born, it was said that the king's child had been stillborn and another baby slipped in to cover it up so that a Catholic son would one day inherit, instead of James' Protestant daughter.

The bed pan baby idea was one that was so frightening that royal births (up until, I believe Charles' birth) were all witnessed by government ministers so that they could be assured that the child born was in fact royal.

I've always found this particularly ironic, considering there were actually around 60 people present at the birth of James II's son, including several government ministers.

I've always found this particularly ironic, considering there were actually around 60 people present at the birth of James II's son, including several government ministers.

I agree. But at the same time perpetuating the rumour was what helped the Glorious Revolution, so there's that.

The people who were behind spreading it were the ones who just wanted to get rid of James and his Catholic family.

One thing is certain is that this child will be born before 27th July. Doctors will not allow a pregnancy to go over 42 weeks.

We don't know the actual due date, so before July 27th is not a certainty. The due date could be July 20th, for all we know.

yep, I know all about that extra padding around the hips and backside :sad:
Also, her face is a lot fuller.

LOL I was absolutely shocked when it happened to me. Suddenly I had padding where it had never been before. :p

So they are really going to Australia and New Zealand With Baby Cambridge? That's nice, but is this arranged on purpose or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom