Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems as if "the boys" have come to terms with their mother's untimely passing and their father's remarriage to Camilla. Just consider the fact that Camilla's granddaughter was a bridesmaid at the wedding. Some people on this board need to move on re: Diana.

Is it me or people are against Diana? There was a big hoping that the baby want be born on her birthday. People hated that idea and with Camila bday it's like, it doesn't matter, let it be....

Do people have problem with everything that is connect with Diana? In any other family it would be nice to share bday or a name with tragically killed grandmother. The little Cambridge is first of all a baby of Will & Kate, a member of their families and then it's royal.

All over the world people are calling their kids after dead relatives. It's even more popular among royals, so baby Diana would be more than fine I guess...

If this baby were an ordinary baby, born to obscurity, there would be no problem with it having co-incidental extra ties with its deceased Grandmother. However this baby will be born into the most famous family in the world, and already have to deal with huge expectations without being made even more of a pawn in this absurd mythical combat between a dead woman and the current wife of its Grandfather !

I pray that it is born on a date other than the 17th, and is'nt named after its Maternal Grandmother or Step-Grandmother !

Poor little mite will have pressures enough !

The problem with anything connected to Diana is the media frenzy and comparisons. The poor child would be hounded to death. Let the baby be its own person. Diana has been gone 15 years. She should be left in peace. What happened in the past cannot be changed. There is no time machine. Diana did a lot of good and she had faults like all humans. Hashing it over will not change anything.

Last edited:
I wish to see the baby, growing up as a toddler, clinging to Camilla's little finger at some wedding/event. Wanna see the faces of fretting and fuming Diana fanatics. Hope they will cool down atleast then..
Camilla will atleast be funny and do something to make the baby laugh.

It is exactly this type of remark that causes bad blood between the two factions.

This baby will be reminded of its late grandmother by William & Catherine, Charles, Harry, the Spencer's and even the media regardless but I don't think everyone will expect the child to live up to his or her grandmothers expectations, totally. I think everyone will or should allow the child to carve out its own path in life. Although, I have no doubt the child will draw some inspiration from its parents, grandparents and great grandparents. They've all done and will do some beautiful things for the next generation of royals to reflect upon.

Last edited:
Dear God are we talking about Diana and Camilla again? I hope it's a boy and I hope it's born on August 1, shortly after midnight.

I think the baby will be here sooner rather then later and people are just stirring with the whole Camilla thing. Chances are if the baby looks like William he or she will look like Diana. I would love a little girl a little boy would have less pressure that is for sure. I think everyone on both sides needs to move on.

Oh Gracie, August 1, too late for this baby. He needs to arrive. But whenever he arrives I hope it is by his choice, not that of doctors who "induce" labor. I am against induction if it can possibly be avoided. Caesarian is another matter--not, in my opinion, as traumatic as induction. My daughter-in-law had two Caesarians which were so easy that it was like "nothing ever happened". I know of several, including me, who suffered from the effects of induction--I won't go into detail.
Gracie, it's best the baby arrive soon so that there will be no discussion about induction to achieve a certain date. If baby arrives on Camilla's birthday by its own choice, that is just fine and let nature take its course.

Dear God are we talking about Diana and Camilla again? I hope it's a boy and I hope it's born on August 1, shortly after midnight.

People will be talking about Camilla and Diana until the end of time, sadly. In a thousand years their story will be as legendary as Julius Caesar/Cleopatra/Marc Antony.

I think the baby will be here sooner rather then later and people are just stirring with the whole Camilla thing. Chances are if the baby looks like William he or she will look like Diana. I would love a little girl a little boy would have less pressure that is for sure. I think everyone on both sides needs to move on.

I would be very surprised if this child was blonde/red as 3 of 4 grandparents are dark haired.

I would love a little brunette bub with blue or green eyes just lovely. Depends on who has the strongest genes we will have to wait and see. We could have another 2 weeks of waiting yet. Kate isn't very big hopefully she can give birth naturally but the Dr's will do what is best for the baby and Kate. I don't think Kate would want the baby induced there is no reason too really. If William is at work he is going to need to get to the hospital so hopefully he will get there in plenty of time first time babies usually take awhile luckily. Is he with Kate of a weekend do we know? Or does he stay up in Wales?

I would be very surprised if this child was blonde/red as 3 of 4 grandparents are dark haired.

Just because three grandparents have brown hair, doesn't mean the baby will. Will and Harry were blonde and red headed, with two dark haired grandparents (Philip and John Spencer), and while Elizabeth was quite red as a child, her hair was more a dark auburn almost brown as an adult, not a ginger like Harry.

Meadow, I'd think as she could go into labour any day now, he'd be in London with her whenever he is not on duty, well his days off.

It seems as if "the boys" have come to terms with their mother's untimely passing and their father's remarriage to Camilla. Just consider the fact that Camilla's granddaughter was a bridesmaid at the wedding. Some people on this board need to move on re: Diana.

The point I would like to make would be that Diana herself instilled in them the values that let them move on. They love them both and that is all that matters. Camilla did not kill Diana. That from a true Diana person and now in her own way a Camilla has made me her fan.

Just because three grandparents have brown hair, doesn't mean the baby will. Will and Harry were blonde and red headed, with two dark haired grandparents (Philip and John Spencer), and while Elizabeth was quite red as a child, her hair was more a dark auburn almost brown as an adult, not a ginger like Harry.

Meadow, I'd think as she could go into labour any day now, he'd be in London with her whenever he is not on duty, well his days off.

Minor point, but I think Philip was blonde in his younger years.

Many children start out as blonde and go brown before they reach adulthood. Will is a rare one in that he has remained blonde.

I still think, IF, the baby is a girl there is a chance they might put Frances as part of the middle name.

Yes, even in his 20s there are several discriptions of Lt Philip Mountbatten as a blonde Viking.

Many children start out as blonde and go brown before they reach adulthood. Will is a rare one in that he has remained blonde.

I had fair, light hair as a baby; it was starting to darken by the time I was two, and it was the same shade it is now when I was almost four. My brother, on the other hand, had red hair as a baby, but it too got to be dark brown.

The majority of the public have said they hope its a Girl.

But no one has ever said why? Can I please ask, why do you hope its a Girl. Is there any particular reason why you want it to be a Girl?

Is it to inherit the Queen's lovely jewellery collection in her own right, rather than as a wife of a Prince? Or just, you prefer a Queen rather than a King?

The majority of the public have said they hope its a Girl.

But no one has ever said why? Can I please ask, why do you hope its a Girl. Is there any particular reason why you want it to be a Girl?

Is it to inherit the Queen's lovely jewellery collection in her own right, rather than as a wife of a Prince? Or just, you prefer a Queen rather than a King?

Its all for the same old nonsense. Jewellery, dresses. Thats all..

I think it would be good that after 2 Kings it would be nice to have a Queen. Queens generally do well and it will be time for a change by then. I just love the way you can dress up little girls. LOL I am an Aunt over 30 times and a Great Aunt 20. The little girls are always more fun to buy for and dress. Little boys do have better clothes these days and I would hope that Kate dresses her kids a little more modern. Even for the time William and Harry were a little old fashioned in their clothes when they were young. I didn't even think of the jewelry side of things.There was a big piece written about how helicopter pilots more often then not have girls so the chances are pretty good it will be a girl. LOL I have read that William would like a girl and Kate a boy of course that is just what the press have said. I think they will be happy no matter what they get.

I think it would be good that after 2 Kings it would be nice to have a Queen. Queens generally do well and it will be time for a change by then. I just love the way you can dress up little girls. LOL I am an Aunt over 30 times and a Great Aunt 20. The little girls are always more fun to buy for and dress. Little boys do have better clothes these days and I would hope that Kate dresses her kids a little more modern. Even for the time William and Harry were a little old fashioned in their clothes when they were young. I didn't even think of the jewelry side of things.There was a big piece written about how helicopter pilots more often then not have girls so the chances are pretty good it will be a girl. LOL I have read that William would like a girl and Kate a boy of course that is just what the press have said. I think they will be happy no matter what they get.

I agree I think it would be very nice to have a Queen again by then because not wishing to think of horrible things, the time between Elizabeth II dying and Charles + William reigning will hopefully be quite a few decades in which we would have had Kings. Come on Victoria II

Starting with Victoria , there has been over a 120 years of a reigning Queen compared to around 50 years of a King. The reigns of Charles and William would probably mirror Edward VII and George V length so that maybe 40 more years

Still more time for queens than a king. I think that the fact that if a girl she would reign has boosted the girl hopes. I think a boy would have an easier time with the interest not having to worry about fashion, hair and weight issues like a girl would.

It really doesn't matter what baby c is as long as he/she and Kate are well after baby c comes.

I am hoping for the Middleton hair gene to trump the balding gene from William. Grandpa Mike has some nice locks. :)

As I understand it the balding gene comes from the maternal line.

LaRae

Royal Baby: How The Papers Reported The Birth of Prince Charles and Prince William-
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

Not much has changed with these royal births. Crowds gathered, the people celebrated and the media went wild. Technology has changed but the same excitement and celebrations will happen with baby Cambridge's birth.

As a Dutch member of this forum, I hope this baby will be born on Wednesday the 10th. On this day King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will visit Great Britain. How wonderful would it be if these two events would coincide...:flowers:

As a Dutch member of this forum, I hope this baby will be born on Wednesday the 10th. On this day King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will visit Great Britain. How wonderful would it be if these two events would coincide...:flowers:
Yes, indeed.
How long will their visit last?

official

By the way.... does anyone know where i can find the official details about the birth released by the palace?
I mean: (kate's natural birth, the hospital where she will stay and so on...)
Everybody is talking about it but in the official site nothing about it is said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom