Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early on in the maternity, there was a report where Catherine told someone what she and William were calling the foetus. The Doc had told them it was about the size of a XXX and so they started calling it XXX. It was not "peanut" but it was cute. Does anyone recall?

It was a MARCH 14 DM article :sad: and said they were calling it "their little grape" OK so it was the DM, but I like little grape a great deal more than the bump. :previous:

And there is even a grandma name/grape tie in - Dionysis for Diana and for god of wine. And hell will freeze over before we see that name! :lol:

Fetus baby whatever, I am just tired of always hearing the word bump in relation to pregnant women especially when they are nearly about to give birth. It issuch an overused word that it makes me long for the days when women disappeared when they were pregnant. Heck I'd prefer pregnant belly to bump.

I think I wouldn't have such a bad reaction to the word baby bump if it were used differently . Celebrity xy is showing off her bump = Celebrity xy is shopping/taking the dog for a walk/dropping off older kids at school while pregnant . You know, normal tasks turning into showing off the bump.
There was a pregnant actress at James Gandolfinis funeral and even she was "showing off her bump":bang:

Why does the fact a woman is pregnant even have to be mentioned? Expect perhaps a brief remark in passing the first time she is seen wearing maternity fashions or if she is about to take an extended break from her career for the birth of her child, or something else relevant, I see no reason to mention it.

^^^^
But what would the ladies on these forums have talked about for the last 7 months if not Catherines pregnancy, clothes, bump and all of their own horror stories about their pregnancies.

Wow I loved the bit about Victoria and how she was the first baby in England with that name it caused a bit of a ruckas. I also never knew that Victoria wanted her and Alberts name as part of all her descendants that didn't really happen did it. It seems like the baby could be soon...

Wow I loved the bit about Victoria and how she was the first baby in England with that name it caused a bit of a ruckas. I also never knew that Victoria wanted her and Alberts name as part of all her descendants that didn't really happen did it. It seems like the baby could be soon...

It did in the UK until as certain Elizabeth Alexandra Mary was born in 1926

I do find it confusing when people say 'today' as with the time differences around the world it is nearly 10.40p.m. on the 1st here in Sydney while it is only 2.45 pm in London so more than another 10 hours in the UK of the 1st to go. Anyway I am ready for bed now and will awaken on the 2nd to see if there is any news, which, for the baby's sake I hope their isn't as the pressure of being born on Diana's birthday would be massive.

I do find it confusing when people say 'today' as with the time differences around the world it is nearly 10.40p.m. on the 1st here in Sydney while it is only 2.45 pm in London so more than another 10 hours in the UK of the 1st to go. Anyway I am ready for bed now and will awaken on the 2nd to see if there is any news, which, for the baby's sake I hope their isn't as the pressure of being born on Diana's birthday would be massive.

It's 1:55pm over here, we're in BST at the minute :)

It did in the UK until as certain Elizabeth Alexandra Mary was born in 1926

Victoria's daughter Alice also didn't have Victoria as part of her name. She was Alice Maud Mary.

Some grandchildren also didn't have the name Victoria in their name such as Sophie and Margaret of Prussia (Princess Victoria's daughters), Princess Elisabeth (daughter of Princess Alice) and Princess Marie-Louise (daughter of Princess Helena). I'm not going to get into great-grandchildren as it would take too long! But Queen Elizabeth was certainly not the first female descendant to not have Victoria in her name.

Last edited:
TV News Crews, Cameramens and Photographers and other Journalists are already gathered outside St Mary's Hospital as they wait for the birth even so the Baby might still be three Weeks away at most

Attachments

• image-1829507113.jpg
    image-1829507113.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 158
  • image-1170919240.jpg
    image-1170919240.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
TV News Crews, Cameramens and Photographers and other Journalists are already gathered outside St Mary's Hospital as they wait for the birth even so the Baby might still be three Weeks away at most

And so it begins...

Would they really stay there all that time?? Or is she perhaps already there and we just don't know it yet??

Would they really stay there all that time?? Or is she perhaps already there and we just don't know it yet??

We would know the same time the press would know. More than likely, she'll be taken there and then a member of their staff will alert the press and then we'll know.

She's not there yet. She is the relatively normal one, home chatting on the phone to her hubby, playing with the dog, watching Wimbledon on the telly and worrying about what still needs to be done for the new digs.

These reporters/paps, on the other hand, are at the worst summer camp imaginable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom