Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know Catherine could be going into Labour right now. One thing I do know is how crazy this forum will be when the day comes. :ROFLMAO:

The story about Diana "Fooling" the press is so wrong. She was induced earlier to fit in w/Charles' polo schedule, according to her.

I am aghast at all who thinks the DOC looks "huge". To me, she looks small for nine months, but i am used to 8-9 pounders.

The story about Diana "Fooling" the press is so wrong. She was induced earlier to fit in w/Charles' polo schedule, according to her.

I am aghast at all who thinks the DOC looks "huge". To me, she looks small for nine months, but i am used to 8-9 pounders.

I agree. She looks the right size for a full term (or nearly full term) pregnancy.

I agree. She looks the right size for a full term (or nearly full term) pregnancy.

She looks great - very healthy. My first baby was 10 lb. 3 oz. and number two was 9 lb. 2 oz. (the last two, go figure, were seven pounds). I looked mammoth compared to Catherine. She does have height on her side, and she just looks very healthy and content.

Does anyone know if Catherine was an early-, late-, or on-time baby? Not that I think there's a correlation between her pregnancy and those of her mother, but I am curious. I would guess her mother did carry in the same way (as Pippa will probably if she has children). They all have similar body types.

I totally agree! If I looked that good this late in my pregnancy, I'd pinch myself!

Unless one is vacationing under a rock or in the back of beyond, if Catherine gives birth it will be all over the electronic, broadcast and print media. It will be hard not to know about it even if you do not log on to your computer or check your cell phone.

True, the day that the baby is born is the day that a "god" is born to the press. It will be all over the news like Catherine's and William's wedding. Can't blame them though, i'm excited too!

She looks great - very healthy. My first baby was 10 lb. 3 oz. and number two was 9 lb. 2 oz. (the last two, go figure, were seven pounds). I looked mammoth compared to Catherine. She does have height on her side, and she just looks very healthy and content.

Does anyone know if Catherine was an early-, late-, or on-time baby? Not that I think there's a correlation between her pregnancy and those of her mother, but I am curious. I would guess her mother did carry in the same way (as Pippa will probably if she has children). They all have similar body types.

Kim Kardashian looked HUGE during her pregnancy (she was over 200 pounds) but the baby was only 4 lbs. 15 oz. (or almost 5 pounds). I was half expecting the baby to be bigger than that, considering what Kim ate during the pregnancy. She's also only 5 foot 2, which makes a difference as well.

Pictures:
Polish sculptor and carpenter Dariusz Bergier works on an oak wood cradle for the British royal baby in Tuszyn, near Lodz, Poland, 13 June 2013. The cradle will be a gift from the artist to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William who are expecting a baby next month-
World of Windsor

Pictures:
Polish sculptor and carpenter Dariusz Bergier works on an oak wood cradle for the British royal baby in Tuszyn, near Lodz, Poland, 13 June 2013. The cradle will be a gift from the artist to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William who are expecting a baby next month-
World of Windsor

How did the July 13th due date come about Anyway? It was never confirmed by Buckingham Palace, Clarence House or William and Catherine. They only said Mid July and I doubt anyone in their inner circle would release information like That to the press and would be sworn to secrecy even it it was true.

How did the July 13th due date come about Anyway? It was never confirmed by Buckingham Palace, Clarence House or William and Catherine. They only said Mid July and I doubt anyone in their inner circle would release information like That to the press and would be sworn to secrecy even it it was true.

I wanted to know where this due date came from. It's unlikely that BP would release the due date. For Sophie's pregnancy with Louise the papers said the due date was early December, and penned it as the same date she suffered an ectopic pregnancy 2 years prior. With James they said he was due on Christmas Day, and were all reporting she and Edward would not attend Sandringham, when in fact he came early (as do most elective C-sections) and they did attend Sandringham. BP never actually released her due date, as that is technically confidential. If Catherine's due date was public knowledge, the hospital would be hounded by photographers hanging around outside near the time waiting for her arrival.

It was the Daily Mail that started the July 13 due date.

SJP is going to get bombarded with stuff that businesses and people sent for the baby that the royals can't take. Hopefully it is sent back or giving to charity.

The Aussie PM isn't the Aussie PM anymore. Now she will have some more time to finish her kangaroo she was knitting for baby c.

I do remember reading that Carole or Pippa said the baby was due 'late July or early August' so I think the baby is due somewhere from July 1 to mid-August. No palace said July 13th - it came about from some off-hand comment.

I remember my sister-in-law being told 'late October to early November' with her second and the GO wouldn't pin it more than that - came late November - 2 weeks later that the latest date suggested and even then she needed an emergency C-section

I notice the 5 stars on the previous page
What's the significance?
Thx!

I do remember reading that Carole or Pippa said the baby was due 'late July or early August' so I think the baby is due somewhere from July 1 to mid-August. No palace said July 13th - it came about from some off-hand comment.

I remember my sister-in-law being told 'late October to early November' with her second and the GO wouldn't pin it more than that - came late November - 2 weeks later that the latest date suggested and even then she needed an emergency C-section

Catherine said "around mid-July, but babies arrive when they want" (words to that effect for the last bit) and yes, DM decided following that comment that this meant 13th July. And lazy journo's have repeated it ever since

If the recent pix are not photoshopped, it is very close and trying to sleep must be impossible. ;)

DM reported that the Cambridges had mentioned the date, as they were at some bar-b-que with friends.
Kate Middleton due date: Royal baby expected Saturday July 13... right in the middle of the Queen's Coronation | Mail Online

From that report came our discussion and other "confirming" reports from some member of her family, Carol, I think. That may or may not have actually happened.

That baby will get here when it gets here. I think Kate has apparently done an excellent job managing stress, controlling weight (not for weight itself, but because it contributes to risk of complications, diabetes, etc.), being fit and happy for the duration. I think Wills has apparently been a happy daddy to be and support for mom to be. I think I'll be glad when we stop commenting on maternity fashion :lol:.

It's a happy time, yes?

Catherine said "around mid-July, but babies arrive when they want" (words to that effect for the last bit) and yes, DM decided following that comment that this meant 13th July. And lazy journo's have repeated it ever since

If the recent pix are not photoshopped, it is very close and trying to sleep must be impossible. ;)

You are right They (Catherine, Buckingham palace) did say mid July but it can come any day now. The baby will come when it ready! The DM took that sentence and twisted it into their own for stories and other journalist were too lazy to research it and took what DM said as accurate when no one said July 13 the, The Daily Mail Is not a reliable source anyway. We don't know the expected due date date doctors told Catherine, It could be July 9th or July 20th.

I can't see it being born at all in August as it will be over due (42 weeks)

Baby Cambridge will be here well before August I am confident of that. I am sticking to my bet of late June early July. I know we are in Late June now but still few more days left. ;)

The articles says:

It meant no one outside Kate and William’s close circle knew exactly how far the pregnancy had progressed.

A friend of the pair revealed: ‘Some of Kate and William’s closest pals were at a barbecue hosted by a family friend of the Royals recently.

'They were all discussing the fact that Kate’s baby is due to be born on July 13. Everyone was very excited.’

No one says that the date came from anyone inside the family at all - 'close circle' could mean just the immediate family or a wider group of friends. Then a 'friend' says that other friends were discussing a date.

I don't think this is an 'official date' or anything confirmed from anyone in the know at all.

When is Prince William and Kate Middleton

This article has Carole saying the baby would be a Leo meaning late July to early August - July 24 to August 23.

If I had to choose between 'friends' or 'mother of the mother of the baby' I would think Carole would be more knowledgable but...they could all be telling porkies.

What we know is that a baby is due sometime soon.

The articles says:

It meant no one outside Kate and William’s close circle knew exactly how far the pregnancy had progressed.

A friend of the pair revealed: ‘Some of Kate and William’s closest pals were at a barbecue hosted by a family friend of the Royals recently.

'They were all discussing the fact that Kate’s baby is due to be born on July 13. Everyone was very excited.’

No one says that the date came from anyone inside the family at all - 'close circle' could mean just the immediate family or a wider group of friends. Then a 'friend' says that other friends were discussing a date.

I don't think this is an 'official date' or anything confirmed from anyone in the know at all.

When is Prince William and Kate Middleton

This article has Carole saying the baby would be a Leo meaning late July to early August - July 24 to August 23.

If I had to choose between 'friends' or 'mother of the mother of the baby' I would think Carole would be more knowledgable but...they could all be telling porkies.

What we know is that a baby is due sometime soon.

My thing is how do these papers know what Carole, Pippa, William and Catherine told their Friends? Will the thing is they don't unless they spied on them or these friends broke the trust and leak it to the press, thru promise to keep these things secrets which wouldn't make them good friends! I don't buy a lot of this. Friends of any of the royal family members and the Middleton are sworn to secrecy and promise not to tell the press anything. If these were my friends and they were leaking stuff to the press after swearing to secretly they would not be my friends anymore.

Baby Cambridge will be here well before August I am confident of that. I am sticking to my bet of late June early July. I know we are in Late June now but still few more days left. ;)

I agree. I am sticking with my prediction.

My thing is how do these papers know what Carole, Pippa, William and Catherine told their Friends? Will the thing is they don't unless they spied on them or these friends broke the trust and leak it to the press, thru promise to keep these things secrets which wouldn't make them good friends! I don't buy a lot of this. Friends of any of the royal family members and the Middleton are sworn to secrecy and promise not to tell the press anything. If these were my friends and they were leaking stuff to the press after swearing to secretly they would not be my friends anymore.

Exactly - their 'friends' aren't real friends if they are leaking this stuff.

I predict Princess Diana will make an appearance on her grandmother's birthday, July 1

I predict Princess Diana will make an appearance on her grandmother's birthday, July 1

Keep dreaming (the name not the birthday) I don't think they will name it Diana, maybe as a middle name but not as a first. As a first name it does not be be benefits a future Queen. I hope they do not name it Diana and a lot of people's have said the same

Last edited:
I'm with you.

Fingers crossed for a Princess Elizabeth of Cambridge on July 7.

I have my fingers crossed also! I really think it is going to be named Elizabeth! As I have said before there a lot of meaning to the name Elizabeth on both William and Catherine side. It Not just the name of William Grandmother, It has more history and more meaning them Diana and it more special. Sorry if I offend anyone.

By the way July 7th is my birthday! I wouldn't mind sharing my birthday with the future King or Queen!

I have my fingers crossed for a Princess Alexandra! That is my middle name, but that aside I just love the name. I really like Elizabeth though, so that would be awesome too, and it would have a lot of meaning for them. I just hope we get to see that baby soon. I go nuts every time I get an update on my phone from Twitter!

By the way July 7th is my birthday! I wouldn't mind sharing my birthday with the future King or Queen!

That would be awesome, don't you think?

I don't think the pregnancy will last more than 15 days from now. But I can be wrong. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom