Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana got plenty of criticism on some of her uglier maternity wear but mostly got very positive reactions to much of her glamourous evening maternity wear. She was POW, not "just" a Duchess.
She did mention wanting to give birth in a hospital, with natural childbirth, and breastfeed her baby. What we all were thinking/doing in 1981 in first world countries.

Yes. I remember Diana's pregnancies. She was generally regarded in glowing terms, but sometimes her wardrobe choices took a hit. The first royal I remember being criticized (beyond fashion), was Sarah, Duchess of York. Catherine, however, seems to avoid missteps, and the ensuing public criticism. I am impressed with how well she's navigated things.

Back when Diana was pregnant you didn't have the instant access to information that you do now. You could read a story in your local paper and that was about it. Now you can read stories from around the globe and comment on them on message boards, twitter, etc.

Those 80s tent dresses were awful looking back.

Is there a thread for betting on sex and date of birth for baby Cambridge? If not, I'm going early -- July 4 -- it's a Girl!

I can't wait to see if Kate gives birth to a girl or boy, also people keep making "futuristic" images of what the baby will look like, i have seen a couple of them already.

Attachments

• article-2242694-1655395C000005DC-664_306x422.jpg
    article-2242694-1655395C000005DC-664_306x422.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 160
  • article-2242694-16553684000005DC-371_306x422.jpg
    article-2242694-16553684000005DC-371_306x422.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 141
Medically speaking?? Ask the experts!

the baby comes when it wants to -- granted.

So where does -- 'baby was induced' -- fit in? When is this done?? Is it if the baby is 2 weeks late? If so, why interfere if baby is healthy but late??

I can't wait to see if Kate gives birth to a girl or boy, also people keep making "futuristic" images of what the baby will look like, i have seen a couple of them already.
would be interesting to see what future images were done when William was born - and how close they came :flowers:

Medically speaking?? Ask the experts!

the baby comes when it wants to -- granted.

So where does -- 'baby was induced' -- fit in? When is this done?? Is it if the baby is 2 weeks late? If so, why interfere if baby is healthy but late??

Because the baby is getting bigger!

(I remember when a ten lb. baby was rare; now it happens frequently).

I said last week that I would not be surprise if William and Catherine intentionally said Mid July for the baby due date to throw the Press off guard a little bit: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ridges-baby-could-be-due-10-days-earlier.html

Princess Diana said William was due July 1st but fooled the press when he was born 10 days earlier on June 21st

By the way I predicted last week that the Baby would be born by the end of this month. There are now Five Days left in June.

Last edited:
I said last week that I would not be surprise if William and Catherine intentionally said Mid July for the baby due date to throw the Press off guard a little bit: Duchess of Cambridge's baby 'could be due 10 days earlier' - Telegraph

Princess Diana said William was due July 1st but fooled the press when he was born 10 days earlier on June 21st

By the way I predicted last week that the Baby would be born by the end of this month. There are now Five Days left in June.

So the telegraph copied and pasted the evening standard article which was inaccurate. The July 13 due date came from the dailymail and was never confirmed. The palace only confirmed what kate said which she was due mid july. And they are getting these speculation from twitter bc people think she's going to go into labor early. "journalists" are so lazy these days.

I think she is due in mid july and I think she's going to give birth early...I don't think she's lying about the due date...there are just alot of people who think its going to happen sooner than that...it may...and it may not...we will find out sooner than later at this point.

I also think the baby will be born late June or until July 5th. I think he/she will be born earlier than mid-July.

Speculation that the baby is going to be born earlier than expected? Some of the press saying end of June?

From looking at the Duchess, how are their conclusions reached?? Why June 30, and not July as stated by the Duchess?

Speculation that the baby is going to be born earlier than expected? Some of the press saying end of June?

From looking at the Duchess, how are their conclusions reached?? Why June 30, and not July as stated by the Duchess?

It's guess work, Catherine hasn't been seen officially in a while and it seems everyone is getting severely bored. The fact that 5% of babies are born on their due date gives some guide to it being born early or late.

In my mind this baby is going to be born when I'm on holiday! Leave on the 4th July and get back on the 19th, last time I went to this same country Prince Henrik of Denmark had his christening and I had to watch the ceremony on my phone with no TRF to help me out! At least I have my iPhone this time.

It is due date silly season until baby Cambridge comes. One paper is repeating a story from another and of course it wrong. There never was an official due date from BP. All there is was Kate said mid July. So that can be anytime from now to August.

The fetus will show up when it wants to no matter how anxious the papers and 24hr news channels are for a new story.

Does the news have reporters camped out @ all entrances to the hospital, all exits from Kensington, or both, waiting for that royal vehicle? Or have they just bribed a few people @ the hospital to give them a ring when DOC shows up?
My child arrived 3 wks. before his due date - which if Kate where on that schedule and mid July is correct, would put baby C making it's grand entrance about now. Despite my own experience, I'm guessing baby C will be late.

The fetus will show up when it wants to no matter how anxious the papers and 24hr news channels are for a new story.

I'm starting to wonder how many times this needs to be said since this Musings and Suggestions thread has just become a "i think it'll be early" & "i think it'll be late" discussion. :lol:

Does the news have reporters camped out @ all entrances to the hospital, all exits from Kensington, or both, waiting for that royal vehicle? Or have they just bribed a few people @ the hospital to give them a ring when DOC shows up?

The press will be informed by a member of I imagine the Royal Household when Catherine is safely inside the hospital and cannot be hounded on her way in. They can't realistically camp outside St Mary's from now until August.

I remember when Estelle was born. I think we had a separate thread for the labour.

I wonder how many false alarm trips to the hospital there will be....:p

I remember when Estelle was born. I think we had a separate thread for the labour.

This thread will close when Catherine goes into labour, a new thread is usually opened for any expectanct princess usually title "Princess/Duchess X has gone into hospital" etc. :flowers:

Mary, Marie, Victoria, Mathilde, Maxima, Mette-Marit even Sophie have them. They're very fun to look back at especially. :flowers:

Mary, Marie, Victoria, Mathilde, Maxima, Mette-Marit even Sophie have them. They're very fun to look back at especially. :flowers:

Awww, I miss the aforementioned women being pregnant! C'mon Victoria, the rest are a but "too old" and probably done with their families (Marie being the youngest but will likely have no more).

I will go on a short vacation from early Thrusday until late Sunday and I will not check anything in the internet, when I arrive on the 30th, I wonder if I'll have wonderful news here at the forum...

I will go on a short vacation from early Thrusday until late Sunday and I will not check anything in the internet, when I arrive on the 30th, I wonder if I'll have wonderful news here at the forum...

Will then the baby better tomorrow lol.
I don't know how much use your technology/Mobile phone on vacation (some don't at all except for calls/emergencies) but there is a Royal Forum app you can download on your phone and you can check it Once or twice a day If you wanted too. But I can see how t would be nice to ignore everything (Facebook, twitter, Internet, etc,) and be surprise instead.

But I am the type who will follow everything minute by minute from the moment Catherine goes into Labor to the announcement of the Birth. I am going camping (I do every week) and I will be checking it like every 15-20 minutes. I also have alerts set up

Last edited:
Hope that Baby C. is giving its mother a chance to sleep during the night.;)

Catherine and William must be so excited. The days leading up to the birth of your first child are so special. I hope they are able to tune out all of the "noise" and enjoy this magical time. All the world (including me!) is anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby Cambridge, it's hard to remember they are a young, newlywed couple about to be first-time parents.

Unless one is vacationing under a rock or in the back of beyond, if Catherine gives birth it will be all over the electronic, broadcast and print media. It will be hard not to know about it even if you do not log on to your computer or check your cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom