Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow "HM King Mark" just does not sound correct in English. It is not a name used by anyone in the family but it still does not sound right for a monarch.

Agree. Mark doesn't sound good for a King.

About the other 3 Gospel chapters of the Bible (Matthew, Luke or John):

HM King Luke sounds terrible.
HM King John sounds OK and John was already used by previous kings, no?
HM King Matthew was never used and though I like the name Matthew, doesn't sound like a King's name, does it?

Agree. Mark doesn't sound good for a King.

About the other 3 Gospel chapters of the Bible (Matthew, Luke or John):

HM King Luke sounds terrible.
HM King John sounds OK and John was already used by previous kings, no?
HM King Matthew was never used and though I like the name Matthew, doesn't sound like a King's name, does it?

John is commonly considered to be a cursed name in the BRF. Both King John of England and John Balliol (King of Scots) are individuals with less than great legacies. There's also a number of Prince Johns who didn't survive into adulthood, most recently George V's youngest son.

There is a King Mark in Arthurian legend, who's related to the Tristan and Iseult myth.

Perhaps unlucky, rather than cursed?

I've read it both ways. Johns certainly don't have a history of doing well within the family. I believe in the history of England only two have lived long enough to reproduce, King John and John of Gaunt. King John is best known for the Magna Carta and Robin Hood, while John of Gaunt's descendants started (and ended) the War of the Roses.

Within Scotland, a quick look through the monarchs and their offspring brings up just John Balliol (who is remembered for his relationship with Edward I) and Robert III (whose given name was John, but he chose to reign as Robert so as to not be associated with Balliol).

How long will Kate be on maternity leave?

However long she feels is necessary? Considering she doesn't have an official job to return to there is no limit to the amount of time she could take off. However I would imagine 3-4 months depending upon the circumstances of the birth and the health of the baby.

Happy Fathers Day to-be to The Duke of Cambridge. An exciting time for him.

Last edited:
I don't think Catherine will want to be that far away from her own family.

I don't think Catherine will want to be that far away from her own family.
I agree.

BritishRoyalist said:
I read that The Queen has invited Will and Catherine to stay at Balmoral for Three Weeks after the Baby is Born...
http://www.examiner.com/article/duk...d-time-at-balmoral-after-royal-baby-s-arrival
Actually the article states that The Queen has invited the Duke and Duchess to spend a week at Balmoral Castle in August, three weeks after the birth.

If this report is true, I could see a week in August at Balmoral happening if Michael and Carole Middleton were invited as well.

Although it is not known for sure, there have been enough credible reports that Kate and William will spend the first post-natal weeks with the Middletons. By issuing an invitation for a week at Balmoral to both the Middletons and Kate and William, the Queen effectively takes the Cambridge's wishes under consideration and it puts the new royal baby in a BRF environment shortly after the birth.

Last edited:
I agree.

Actually the article states that The Queen has invited the Duke and Duchess to spend a week at Balmoral Castle in August, three weeks after the birth.

If this report is true, I could see a week in August at Balmoral happening if Michael and Carole Middleton were invited as well.

Although it is not known for sure, there have been enough credible reports that Kate and William will spend the first post-natal weeks with the Middletons. By issuing an invitation for a week at Balmoral to both the Middletons and Kate and William, the Queen effectively takes the Cambridge's wishes under consideration and it puts the new royal baby in a BRF environment shortly after the birth.

That what I said

Apparently this is a standard invitation given to all the royals to visit - read that yesterday and can't find the link now.

Of course William and Catherine can spend a week away from her family. Why not???

That what I said
Ummm....no. You said that they had been invited for 3 weeks after the baby is born. The article says they have been invited for 1 week, in August, about 3 weeks after the baby is born.

BritishRoyalist said:
I read that The Queen has invited Will and Catherine to stay at Balmoral for Three Weeks after the Baby is Born.

I would think Catherine would like to spend some time with her family right after the birth, but in 3 weeks time, I'm sure she would be happy to go to Balmoral to spend a week there with the Queen.

I've heard that Balmoral is filled with dusty old tartan wall hangings and stag heads mounted on walls. They most likely all go in August because it's the only time of year an old damp and drafty Scottish castle is remotely palatable. Sounds delightful. I can think of no better place for baby's newborn eyes to finally open and focus on its birthright.

I've heard that Balmoral is filled with dusty old tartan wall hangings and stag heads mounted on walls. They most likely all go in August because it's the only time of year an old damp and drafty Scottish castle is remotely palatable. Sounds delightful. I can think of no better place for baby's newborn eyes to finally open and focus on its birthright.

:lol: You're right. It is the best place. Everything (s)he sees after that will be an improvement. :ROFLMAO:

Id also add that Carole and Michael do not have sole rights - there is another Grandfather. So I think that going to Birkhall is a real option for the Cambridges and maybe the Middletons - with visits over to see the Queen and Prince Philip who will still be convalescing.

I don't know about other mothers, but I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be a long distance from my baby's doctors, or my doctor, either, not just three weeks after giving birth. A newborn doesn't get anything at all out of travel except discomfort and exposure to germs. Keep the kid in his/her own cot, I say! Let the grands visit the baby, not vice versa. When I travel, I often see tiny infants in airports or on planes, and I feel for them.

:lol: You're right. It is the best place. Everything (s)he sees after that will be an improvement. :ROFLMAO:
Hang a few items from the antlers on the wall and you have an instant baby mobile. Baby C. can its own Balmoral tartan diaper covers. Then it can be lulled to sleep by the soothing sounds of a Highland bagpipe.

I don't know about other mothers, but I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be a long distance from my baby's doctors, or my doctor, either, not just three weeks after giving birth. A newborn doesn't get anything at all out of travel except discomfort and exposure to germs. Keep the kid in his/her own cot, I say! Let the grands visit the baby, not vice versa. When I travel, I often see tiny infants in airports or on planes, and I feel for them.

Oh, I agree it's not really a good idea to take a newborn out of its routine and schlep it up to the Back O Beyond, for all of the reasons you state, and as I said, albeit jokingly, Balmoral is not exactly the place I'd want to take my own baby - but I'm serious about that.

Also, isn't Balmoral a bit distant from decent medical care? A newborn can't fly due to their ears - must wait about 8 weeks or so.

All in all, if I were a new mother, I'd put my foot down about Balmoral at three weeks, esp. if the birth is a C-section.

And as TLLK mentioned, the soothing sounds of that bagpipe.....:ermm:

Also, isn't Balmoral a bit distant from decent medical care? A newborn can't fly due to their ears - must wait about 8 weeks or so.
[/I]

Decent medical care? Do you think Scotland is a third world country? Catherine could have 15 doctors move into Balmoral if she wanted. You do not have to fly to Scotland, you can travel by train and then car.

Decent medical care? Do you think Scotland is a third world country? Catherine could have 15 doctors move into Balmoral if she wanted. You do not have to fly to Scotland, you can travel by train and then car.

:ROFLMAO: great - I hear that children are also born in Scotland - amazing.

Children are also born in the back of beyond in the US and Canada; the outback inb Australia; the African bush etc., etc.

No, I don't think Scotland is a third world country, but Balmoral is a good bit of distance from the medical care. In every developed country, there's remote pockets.

I would not take my newborn on a train, either.

Look, they are free to go on up to Balmoral with a newborn, and most likely all will be well. But I would never fault a new mother from saying "Balmoral? Um, no."

It's going to be beautiful to see William & Catherine leave the hospital with the baby in their arms. The official family pictures with the Middleton's and royals together will be great later on.

Just to add, for reason I think the baby may be coming early.

Last edited:
It's going to be beautiful to see William & Catherine leave the hospital with the baby in their arms. The official family pictures with the Middleton's and royals together will be great later on.

Just to add, for reason I think the baby may be coming early.

I think it going to come early also

Yeah, I just have that feeling.

Morning sickness usually starts at about 6 weeks, HG included. Kate became sick the weekend of Dec 1-2.

Pulling out the calendar (yes, I've nothing better to do today), that would make 40 weeks about July 27th. Most babies are not early.

So I'm guessing the latter half of July. Sorry, Baby Enthusiasts - you have a longer wait then you realize. :flowers:

I kinda think the baby may come early too. I hope so - I can't wait to see her/him!!! I think it would be awesome though if the baby was born on the 16th or 17th. Those are my mom and aunt's birthdays.

I'm really excited to see what the name will be. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom