Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the palace normally announce the babies full styles and titles when they are born?

Do the palace normally announce the babies full styles and titles when they are born?

I'm not sure, but this child's style/title will be HRH Prince(ss) X of Cambridge. That was already announced when HM made the LP on the issue.

More likely when the name is announced.

EDIT: the notice on the railings would read something like

"“Her Royal Highness The Duchess Of Cambridge was safely delivered of a boy/girl at X today. Her Royal Highness and the boy/girl are both doing well."

When William was born we also got colour of eyes and weight but that was on TV.

Last edited:
Most likely there will be official tweets as well.

IT would be a shame if there was unofficial tweets before the family was notified.

More likely when the name is announced.

EDIT: the notice on the railings would read something like

"“Her Royal Highness The Duchess Of Cambridge was safely delivered of a boy/girl at X today. Her Royal Highness and the boy/girl are both doing well."

When William was born we also got colour of eyes and weight but that was on TV.

Since all babies have blue eyes at birth, I think we can expect that as a given!

Since all babies have blue eyes at birth, I think we can expect that as a given!
That's not true. Some has grey-ish or hazel eyes at birth. I am white caucasian and I had brown eyes all my entire life, even at birth (and I still have the pictures). My brother instead had blue eyes until he turned 3.

Hey, I was in high school in New York too and had the radio on in my room - I think I was studying for final exams or Regents and the reporter on WNBC interrupted the traffic report to tell the reporter in the helicopter that Princess Diana had just given birth to a son.

Did we go to the same high school? :cool:

Hmmmm... I was north of NYC in the Hudson Valley region. You? Ah, WNBC - remember it well! Also WPIX (channel 11), and the 4:3 movies on WABC! I am in the South now...

This might be too soon to ask this but now that the birth of William and Catherine first Child is now one month away (Can't wait!) how soon (long) after the birth of their First Child will their Second Child Born? I think their Second Child will be born within 15 to 20'Months after their First Child. One reason is so Baby Cambridge will have a sibling close in age to play with like William and Harry.

I see no reason to speculate on a second baby when the first one isn't even born yet. A second baby will arrive when Catherine and William are ready.

I'm with Lumutqueen - can we just deal with this one first. Two lots of speculation is definitely one too many.

This might be too soon to ask this but now that the birth of William and Catherine first Child is now one month away (Can't wait!) how soon (long) after the birth of their First Child will their Second Child Born? I think their Second Child will be born within 15 to 20'Months after their First Child. One reason is so Baby Cambridge will have a sibling close in age to play with like William and Harry.
As Lumutqueen and Cepe mentioned, its to early to start speculating as their first child isn't even born yet.
But to answer to your question, usually Royals and especially those with "important tasks" will give birth to an heir and after 1,5 to 2 years they'll have a spare, therefore I think William and Catherine are no exception. Of course its not a rule, but for heirs and other main royals, this seems to happen frequently...

Is it known if The Duke of Cambridge is also going in paternity leave?

I would think that William's Raf schedule maker would try to have it where he is off before the due date. Since he works 2 weeks on 2 off, maybe he does extra shifts in June so he can be in London in case Kate goes in to labor. You don't want the queen to send the purple queens flights helicopter to pick up the dad to be or maybe he can get a ride in the backseat of a raf jet or something .

I just know William & Catherine and their families must be really excited that the baby will be here soon.

I would think that William's Raf schedule maker would try to have it where he is off before the due date. Since he works 2 weeks on 2 off, maybe he does extra shifts in June so he can be in London in case Kate goes in to labor. You don't want the queen to send the purple queens flights helicopter to pick up the dad to be or maybe he can get a ride in the backseat of a raf jet or something .

Actually I think you've got it right and its how its been all along. IIRC the first year at Anglesy he was on station so married members could be with their families. Its how it works. Its very probable that the roster is done month by month and all put in for what in the coming month they'd like to be not on station. Wills needs 9-10th off so Roger fills in and Wills takes Roger's from the 12-13th. No favoritism. Just realizing that they're human and stuff happens

I don't think we'll be seeing a flight to get near Kate when she goes into labor. He'll be right there.

I just know William & Catherine and their families must be really excited that the baby will be here soon.

I didn't have the press or any kind of media with my first but it did get to the point that we went out a bought a blackboard and set up a tally. His side.. my side.. My side won with calls asking "anything happening yet?". His side was close too but equally noted my mom in law dropped over too much. :D

I can't begin to think how Kate is feeling right now about all this.

TV Program:
William and Kate: Baby Makes Three: Channel 5-Tonight-8pm UK Time-
William and Kate: Baby Makes Three | Channel 5

I didn't have the press or any kind of media with my first but it did get to the point that we went out a bought a blackboard and set up a tally. His side.. my side.. My side won with calls asking "anything happening yet?". His side was close too but equally noted my mom in law dropped over too much. :D

I can't begin to think how Kate is feeling right now about all this.

I know they must be excited but nervous at the same time. I somehow think they don't mind the fuss but I'm sure their families are overly excited too, lol. It's just a special time in a family, especially with the first child. I'm way in America and I'm very excited for William & Catherine and their families. I just send them all my best wishes, prayers and I can't wait for the pictures.

Last edited:
I'm getting more and more sure that she' having a boy. I don't know why. When the pregnancy was annouced I felt she was expecting a bay girl. But I've changed my mind.
I find Mark a beautiful, regal and simple name for a boy. Moreover I don't think that william and kate will choose a name already used in their families. Maybe as a middle name. what do you all think?

...I find Mark a beautiful, regal and simple name for a boy. Moreover I don't think that william and kate will choose a name already used in their families. Maybe as a middle name. what do you all think?
Although Mark is a biblical name - it is, IMO, not as popular as the names of the other 3 Gospel chapters of the Bible (Matthew, Luke or John).

This might be because for some older people, Mark is a unflattering slang term. What does mark mean? mark Definition. Meaning of mark. OnlineSlangDictionary.com

I'm getting more and more sure that she' having a boy. I don't know why. When the pregnancy was annouced I felt she was expecting a bay girl. But I've changed my mind.
I find Mark a beautiful, regal and simple name for a boy. Moreover I don't think that william and kate will choose a name already used in their families. Maybe as a middle name. what do you all think?

Thank you,thank you, thank you!
I feel the same..she's carriage a small prince,
It will be confirmed next month

Somehow "HM King Mark" just does not sound correct in English. It is not a name used by anyone in the family but it still does not sound right for a monarch.

This thread is musings and suggestions .... So I'm musing that within 2-6 weeks posters will stop moaning about what Catherine wears and start telling her how to bring up baby - that is of course when they are not loving/hating the names.

I suggest that they don't have another child for at least 18 months to give us all time to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom