Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know that? It can be be 8 weeks and a half still.

Hullo????
Today is JUNE 1st,next month is July,,,DUH.....baby may come early or not.
Projected due date is JULY 13....hulloooooo:whistling:

Hullo????

Yes, but sometimes babies come late, especially first babies. I was born nearly two weeks late.

Not that it much matters :) Either way, the baby will arrive soon!

Yes, but sometimes babies come late, especially first babies. I was born nearly two weeks late.

Not that it much matters :) Either way, the baby will arrive soon!
My first was two weeks late. The baby will arrive soon, but I will bet not soon enough for Catherine. I wish her and William the best.

I was born two weeks early and I am a first born so not always the case. ;)

Hullo????

Projected due date is about as believable as a heatwave in the South Pole.

Well either way we're getting close I'm getting very very excited. The time has just passed so quickly!

I was born exactly on the day my mom's doctor predicted, so she was the most prepared. I guess I was not late at all:lol:
Either way, these things and those about the shape of the belly are false, because it isn't 100% sure nor it has scientific answers...;)

Well either way we're getting close I'm getting very very excited. The time has just passed so quickly!
Yes! The Baby is almost here, can't believe we're in June already, how time flies!
Can't wait to see the little one!

I hope she delivers at full term. Safest for mom and baby!

Yes, it's almost time to get the party started. I'm sure the media is gearing up for the coverage and will be heading over to London.

Thanks for all the feedback on my royal parenting article! Glad so many of you enjoyed it.

Wow! It's almost time... I remember when William was born. I was in high school in New York. My friend and I were driving somewhere after school and we heard on the radio that Diana had delivered a boy.

I don't remember when his name was announced. When, in general, does the BRF usually announce a name?

I don't remember when his name was announced. When, in general, does the BRF usually announce a name?

Pretty much as soon as it is decided. I seem to recall that there was a few days delay with William. Going on stories that have emerged over the years this could have been due to dissent with Charles & Diana over the Arthur/William decision.

Wow! It's almost time... I remember when William was born. I was in high school in New York. My friend and I were driving somewhere after school and we heard on the radio that Diana had delivered a boy.

Hey, I was in high school in New York too and had the radio on in my room - I think I was studying for final exams or Regents and the reporter on WNBC interrupted the traffic report to tell the reporter in the helicopter that Princess Diana had just given birth to a son.

Did we go to the same high school? :cool:

I was born two weeks early and I am a first born so not always the case. ;)

I was three MONTHS early and was what you would call a micro-preemie, only weighing 580 grams at birth, or 1 pound 4 and a half ounces. I was supposed to be a Halloween/early November baby and instead was born at the end of July, on Charles and Diana's 9th wedding anniversary. I spent nearly 6 months in the NICU, released 2 weeks after New Year's 1991. Needless to say, I will be 23 in two months' time.

Last edited:
More babies are late rather than early - this is a fact. Also, I read in the Telegraph that Mother Middleton is telling friends that the baby will be a Leo (how fitting for a future monarch), so the due date is end of July. If baby is late, might even be early August.

So despite the excitement, I have accepted the fact that we most likely have almost two months to wait rather than one month. I won't be taking up residence outside the hospital before July 15th at the earliest.

I read that, too, GracieGiraffe. I wonder if Mama Middleton is trying to throw people off the scent, so to speak. If the paps believe the baby to be a Leo, they'll not likely sit under Catherine's window until mid-July, either. She might really be due earlier than speculated.

I say this because I have a friend who did not have a good relationship with her husband's family (not that this is the case with the Cambridges) so she told them that her due date was three weeks past what it actually was. She delivered about a week before her actual due date, which they thought was a month too early. The in-laws weren't able to camp out at the hospital and had to settle for seeing the baby after she was born.

Both times my mom was pregnant she delivered 3 weeks early...that baby is going to come when it wants to. I just hope the baby is healthy and William is close by her when she goes into labor.

Regarding the due date. Kate said around mid july (so that could be mean any time before or after it, like between July 13-21). But. that doesn't guarantee the baby will even be born in July....it might end up being born in June for all we know. Like Kate said babies have plans of their own.

Last edited:
I was three MONTHS early and was what you would call a micro-preemie, only weighing 580 grams at birth, or 1 pound 4 and a half ounces. I was supposed to be a Halloween/early November baby and instead was born at the end of July, on Charles and Diana's 9th wedding anniversary. I spent nearly 6 months in the NICU, released 2 weeks after New Year's 1991. Needless to say, I will be 23 in two months' time.
Oh wow that's really early. Well anyway I'm 21 on July 20th so your Birthday must be quite close to mine. ;)

Depends how quickly they pick a name! Lady Louise's name wasn't released for 2 weeks or more. I am sure William and Catherine wont leave the public waiting that long!

The baby's due date is usually calculated at 40 weeks gestation - with anything from 37 to 42 weeks being considered 'normal'.

Generally at about 40 weeks, if there is no sign of labour, the mother will start to get nonstress tests every few days. Nonstress tests are where, among other things, a fetal monitor is attached to the mother to ensure that the baby is not under stress. And even if the nonstress tests show that the baby is not under stress in the womb, most doctors will attempt to induce labour at an estimated gestational age of 42 weeks.

ETA: This means that if the due date is indeed, 'mid-July' - the Cambridge baby will statistically most likely to be born on a day in July.

Last edited:
The baby's due date is usually calculated at 40 weeks gestation - with anything from 37 to 42 weeks being considered 'normal'.

Generally at about 40 weeks, if there is no sign of labour, the mother will start to get nonstress tests every few days. Nonstress tests are where, among other things, a fetal monitor is attached to the mother to ensure that the baby is not under stress. And even if the nonstress tests show that the baby is not under stress in the womb, most doctors will attempt to induce labour at an estimated gestational age of 42 weeks.

ETA: This means that if the due date is indeed, 'mid-July' - the Cambridge baby will statistically most likely to be born on a day in July.

It does depend on the hospital what date you induced. Generally women are induced at T+11/12 (41 weeks and 4/5 days) because the placenta begins to lose function after 12ish days, or they are induced earlier if medically indicated (hypertension, diabetes, small fetal growth.) At the hospital I work we induce women at T+12 but other hospitals it is T+11. But yes, the baby is most likely be born in July

Last edited:
Depends how quickly they pick a name! Lady Louise's name wasn't released for 2 weeks or more. I am sure William and Catherine wont leave the public waiting that long!

There were grave concerns for Louise & her mother that would account for that delay. :flowers:

It does depend on the hospital what date you induced. Generally women are induced at T+11/12 (41 weeks and 4/5 days) because the placenta begins to lose function after 12ish days, or they are induced earlier if medically indicated (hypertension, diabetes, small fetal growth.) At the hospital I work we induce women at T+12 but other hospitals it is T+11. But yes, the baby is most likely be born in July
True, however, as you know, induction is a gradual and careful process and birth can take more than a day to occur. So, for most laypersons, explanations given in weeks are sufficient. :flowers:

Lets hope there is no need to induce labor. Not that it might be problematic, but there is some dignity and balance to letting things unfold in the fullness of time. The Duchess said something about babies having their own schedules. I agree.

Lets hope there is no need to induce labor. Not that it might be problematic, but there is some dignity and balance to letting things unfold in the fullness of time. The Duchess said something about babies having their own schedules. I agree.

I don't think I've heard anyone describe labour as being something that involves dignity before...

Even with inductions, babies can still have their own schedule. A friend of mine was induced on a Wednesday and her son wasn't born until early that Sunday.

Last edited:
I don't think I've heard anyone describe labour as being something that involves donkey before...

Even with inductions, babies can still have their own schedule. A friend of mine was induced on a Wednesday and her son wasn't born until early that Sunday.

No matter what, one thing we can rest assured of is that Kate probably has the best in medical attention she possibly could have. I'm pretty sure by now that her prenatal visits are or are about to become on at least a weekly visit to her OB/GYN.

Did I write donkey? Thank you autocorrect...

Although, I haven't heard of many labours that involved donkeys either, but that's a whole other issue.

William's name was announced when he was one week old. Harry's was announced the day the family left the hospital when he was less than 24 hours old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom