Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husbands niece had a baby about 4 years ago...she had two ultrasounds and was told it was going to be a girl. She had a boy.

LaRae

This is why you buy yellow and greens instead of blues and pinks.

I agree with the above. Most parents will not buy pink for their son or blue for their daughter. But again I take the story with a grain of salt because of the source.

Actually - to the baby, they prefer brights or deep colours - it is more stimulating for their little brains. That's why you have recently seen baby lines developed that feature bold patterns in black/white and red, blue, yellow, green, purple patterns. Baby blue and pink may make US feel something - but bold colors make babies feel the vibe. :flowers:

I think the boy would have it easier than a girl would. Look at the coverage that Suri Cruise and Harper Beckham gets. With girls you have fashion issues, weight issues and hair/make up issues that boys don't have to worry about. Now throw in that baby Cambridge is the future monarch and if a girl will be compared to the queen, Diana, Kate and Pippa.
I somewhat understand what you're saying. Women calls for bigger fashion discussions than men.
If they have a girl, she'll be the spotlight of girl's fashion FOREVER, while if they have a boy, the hype will not be that huge but only mediocre.
But for some reason, I really want a girl this time around, it would be so precious to see Charles, William and Harry, all guys, spoil the little baby girl.:D
Its been a while since a family in direct line to the throne had girls, the last was Anne.
I wouldn't mind if they had also girls, just for a change;)

The guys can spoil a boy also teaching him to shoot,ride, play football, etc. There is already 2 little girls with Savannah and Isla. I also like the irony of the government rushing a law thru and the baby turns out to be a boy.

Ah yes - lucky she didn't buy a green buggy - because then she would expect a baby from Mars ;)

Ooooh....Good one!!! Which was followed up by this...

Either that, or our favorite Duchess had some Green Elixir that a traveling salesman from a faraway land offered her while William was off rescuing some poor soul lost on the Welsh coast...

And I was listening to the soundtrack from Wicked just then too. ROTFLOL!!!

I think the boy would have it easier than a girl would. Look at the coverage that Suri Cruise and Harper Beckham gets. With girls you have fashion issues, weight issues and hair/make up issues that boys don't have to worry about. Now throw in that baby Cambridge is the future monarch and if a girl will be compared to the queen, Diana, Kate and Pippa.

Well, I blame that more on the Mothers of those two girls. If they didn't want their kids getting attention and photographed, when means in turn so do they, then they would dress those two little ones far more normally IMO.

If Baby Cambridge is a Princess, I can't see it happening. More like we've seen w/little Princess Estelle of Sweden. W/her, unless it's something that calls for something more dressy, like the Christmas and First Birthday pictures, Estelle is usually seen dressed like any other normal child her age.

That's the way it should be too.

Ooooh....Good one!!! Which was followed up by this...

Well, I blame that more on the Mothers of those two girls. If they didn't want their kids getting attention and photographed, when means in turn so do they, then they would dress those two little ones far more normally IMO.

If Baby Cambridge is a Princess, I can't see it happening. More like we've seen w/little Princess Estelle of Sweden. W/her, unless it's something that calls for something more dressy, like the Christmas and First Birthday pictures, Estelle is usually seen dressed like any other normal child her age.

That's the way it should be too.

Agreed. I don't think Kate will dress her as a prop. And let's not forget Kim Kardashian ....who apparently is having a girl.,can you imagine a lifetime of comparisons (if kims candle burns that long) . That alone is enough to Make me wish for a boy

Oh, so glad to see that someone got my reference :D. I'm going to see the production for the seventh time on Friday, so I just couldn't resist.

Kate gets photographed almost every time she goes outside. There is a demand for her and there will be a demand for baby Cambridge photos. CP Victoria and Princess Estelle are not in demand. Most people in America don't know who CP Victoria is.

If I was Catherine (presuming that they know the sex of the baby), I'd totally mislead people just for the kicks.

Oh, so glad to see that someone got my reference :D. I'm going to see the production for the seventh time on Friday, so I just couldn't resist.

I'm not at all jealous :glare:
Have you seen Rachel Tucker as Elphaba? I will regret for the rest of my life not having seen her in Wicked (living in Denmark absolutely sucks) because she has some of the best vocals I've ever heard.

Last edited:
If I was Catherine (presuming that they know the sex of the baby), I'd totally mislead people just for the kicks.

I'm not at all jealous :glare:
Have you seen Rachel Tucker as Elphaba? I will regret for the rest of my life not having seen her in Wicked (living in Denmark absolutely sucks) because she has some of the best vocals I've ever heard.

I love the possibility of her tricking the press, because as you, in her position, I'd do the same exact thing. And no, I didn't get to see Rachel Tucker as Elphaba. I keep hoping that she'll come and do a run in NYC, but so far, we've been getting everyone else, but her (though current NYC Elphaba is pretty darn awesome).

I love the possibility of her tricking the press, because as you, in her position, I'd do the same exact thing. And no, I didn't get to see Rachel Tucker as Elphaba. I keep hoping that she'll come and do a run in NYC, but so far, we've been getting everyone else, but her (though current NYC Elphaba is pretty darn awesome).

That's too bad, I hope for you that she'll come to Broadway once. I've only heard good things about Willemijn Verkaik, so I don't doubt she's amazing. I hope you have a great time! :flowers:

She's still baby small...so,I'm saying she has a Prince in the oven ;-)

No you don't need to do that. I've given my view - that's what happens in the forums. You don't have to agree with me. If everyone removed a post that someone else didn't agree with, these forums would be empty.

What the quote I used highlights is that the "source" isn't that good.

Strange, but interesting, article. Thanks for drawing it to our attention, Lady Erton. :flowers:

I must confess I am confused. When is their own home going to be ready to move into? If Kate & William will spending the first six weeks with the baby in the $7million Georgian mansion, just how long will the child be in the "humble" nursery in their cottage in the grounds of Kensington Palace before they move into their permanent digs?

I loved the bit at the end: "and surely it is no bad thing this little prince or princess is given a taste of life outside of the Royal Family?" I'm sure the child will have fond memories of its few few months as a newborn. :ROFLMAO:

I think the info about staying 6 weeks with the Middletons has no firm evidence behind it. And the bit I picked up about a "humble" nursery just reemphasises that these "sources" know about the same as us because they are confused as well :)

That's too bad, I hope for you that she'll come to Broadway once. I've only heard good things about Willemijn Verkaik, so I don't doubt she's amazing. I hope you have a great time! :flowers:

Thank you! I saw her in February, and loved her portrayal, so I'm excited to see her again.

As to the 'modest nursery', I think it's just speculation. We're never going to get the real details about what type of nursery they'll have, and we'll be counting ourselves VERY lucky if we every get any sort of pictures of the baby in the said nursery. However, judging by Catherine's tastes, it's very possible that the baby's room will indeed not be too ostentatious.

I'd like to know how the tabloids know this information. William and Kate are the two most circumspect royals in a generation and and frankly the tabloids just make this stuff up. There are NO Royal Sources!!!

Of course they just make it up. News about the royals' personal lives sells papers and since there isn't much, they just make it up. That's pretty much how tabloids operate much of the time anyway - it's creative writing, not actual reporting.

Somehow I can't see William and Kate going in for a $21,000 carriage-shaped crib. The Royal Family has never been much for conspicuous consumption. That looks more like something a footballer's wife would go for, or a reality tv star.

The Cambridge baby won't need fake princess stuff :)

Somehow I can't see William and Kate going in for a $21,000 carriage-shaped crib. The Royal Family has never been much for conspicuous consumption. That looks more like something a footballer's wife would go for, or a reality tv star.

The Cambridge baby won't need fake princess stuff :)

Good grief! People that would shell out that kind of money for those kind of items, to me, have more money than brains.

I can see both William and Kate looking at the things in the article and going "You've GOT to be kidding me!" I can see both of them being quite conservative in what they buy for infants even though it will possibly be used again for a second child. We know Kate likes to recycle. :D

It would certainly be a waste of money to send any of that stuff to Baby Cambridge as gifts because Catherine & William will just turn it around and donate it to a charity and you wont even get the tax credit.
I do agree that people who buy most of that stuff would have more money than brains.

To say that the tabloids are making this stuff up is possibly true but there are 100s of people who work in royal households and some of them do sell their information to the tabloids to supplement their pay. So long as it isn't too serious the royals tend to turn a blind eye. There are also the staff employed by their friends and the friends of all this staff who can and do sell information.

There would be literally 100s if not 1000s of people who have a snippet of information and if you buy enough snippets you get some idea of what things are like.

I personally think it a total waste of money to send anything to the royals as they are way richer than I am and can afford everything they want for themselves that they want.

Yup. I am however, making a small donation to EACH through the Baby Cambridge fundraiser as my little baby gift.

To say that the tabloids are making this stuff up is possibly true but there are 100s of people who work in royal households and some of them do sell their information to the tabloids to supplement their pay. So long as it isn't too serious the royals tend to turn a blind eye. There are also the staff employed by their friends and the friends of all this staff who can and do sell information.

There would be literally 100s if not 1000s of people who have a snippet of information and if you buy enough snippets you get some idea of what things are like.

I personally think it a total waste of money to send anything to the royals as they are way richer than I am and can afford everything they want for themselves that they want.

I think that this would be a valid point 30 years ago. But Catherine and William don't have 100's of staff, not do they live in any royal household. I think that William in particular has a really firm grip on information regarding his friends. Their life style has really shut down available sources of information.

This tight approach to info is what drives the press wild - so I think they are having yet another punt at making it up, to see if there is any type of response.

Yup. I am however, making a small donation to EACH through the Baby Cambridge fundraiser as my little baby gift.

TBH, I think that would be the gift that would please Will and Kate the most. We have to remember that they also asked for donations to selected charities when they married. This is the kind of people William, Kate and Harry are and from the looks of things, even Baby Cambridge is getting into charity work and its not even born yet. :D

Personally, I think the Baby Cambridge Fundraiser is the greatest thing since sliced bread. There is such a flurry of attention given to this impending birth and what better way to put that attention to a good advantage than have folks make a donation for children that really need it.

TBH, I think that would be the gift that would please Will and Kate the most. We have to remember that they also asked for donations to selected charities when they married. This is the kind of people William, Kate and Harry are and from the looks of things, even Baby Cambridge is getting into charity work and its not even born yet. :D

Personally, I think the Baby Cambridge Fundraiser is the greatest thing since sliced bread. There is such a flurry of attention given to this impending birth and what better way to put that attention to a good advantage than have folks make a donation for children that really need it.

Exactly! Plus I think it's a really nice way for those of us who enjoy royal watching and appreciate the bloggers who work really hard to bring us the information we like talking about to come together as a community.

It was a genius idea and a great way to celebrate the baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom