Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton will live with mum after baby is born | Mail Online

Kate Middleton to move to family home in Berkshire after baby's birth - hellomagazine.com

QUOTE:
I think its about time Catherine learnt to stand on her own two feet. She has lots of responsibility with 2 homes to run and a mass of royal servants. For goodness sake take control of your own life. I wonder how William feels even if he gets on with Carole. I just think the whole idea is ridiculous. But nothing she does surprises me anymore.[/

Your first 2 sentences contradict each other. She does have the responsibility of 2homes and therefore is standing n her own 2 feet in managing them. However, she does not have a mass of royal servants. Both in the rented accommodation in Wales and the 2 bed house at KP she has part time cleaners. That's it! She does the shopping, cooking etc herself.

I think this story is really linked to Williams future, and we all know that whatever his choice, they are leaving Wales. So the isolated farmhouse in Wales is not a mid term option. And according to this article, KP will not be ready in time because of additional work on asbestos removal.

Spending time with her family makes sense, and I know people who have done this so let's wait and see. SJP have told the BBC that it is too soon to say what will happen post birth of baby. They are also saying uncredited report (ie as in "who's the friend").

It really all hinges on Williams decision about his future.

Last edited:
What a great idea for Kate to move in with her family. Every new mum would like all the support and help she can get. I would assume it would be much more relaxing to have your mum around then a total stranger (maternity nurse/nanny) around all the time.

What a great idea for Kate to move in with her family. Every new mum would like all the support and help she can get. I would assume it would be much more relaxing to have your mum around then a total stranger (maternity nurse/nanny) around all the time.

So true. And I think that Catherine isn't someone to hand her baby over to a stranger. At some stage she will need a nanny in order to carry out her royal duties, but she'll do that once she has personal experience of looking after her child.

Isn't it only natural to seek your mother's help after having given birth to your first child? Carole, afterall, is an experienced mother; she has given birth to three children herself. I'd say it's perfectly normal for Catherine to seek her help and guidance as a first time mother. What a stupid comment to make.

It's Catherine's choice whether she wants to move in with her parents or not, but I do wonder how William feels. Not many men would jump at the idea of moving in with their in-laws, no matter how much they enjoy their company. Catherine will have to get a Nanny at some point, whether she wants to or not. There isn't any way she can be a Royal and not have a Nanny. They all have full time Royal nannies (a.k.a live in nannies) as they have to travel a lot. It makes sense to have someone from the beginning so they children feel safe and comfortable with their Nanny as they will spend days without their parents. Edward and Sophie have had the same Nanny for both their children which is good for the children's stability and routine. Catherine will get a Nanny at some point, but if she wants to live with her mum then why not? I wonder if she will choose to deliver at Royal Berkshire in Reading then if she's moving in with her parents.

Regarding her moving home...I'll believe it when I see it. I see no reason why...if Carole is going to help then why can't she stay at Nott Cottage with them. And its been well known for awhile they weren't moving in to Princess Margerets apt in KP until Sept...why is Rebecca English reporting that as if its new information...they've known about the asbestos there for over a year and a half now.

And for all we know Prince William could be leaving the Raf in June and start another job in September. I am sure we will get his decision next week. I think Rebecca is under the assumption he is staying until Sept and we don't know that.

I don't think they will employ a nanny. I think they would rather family members helping them out.

I don't know about the story of Catherine moving in with her mother after the baby is born. The palace had already shot the story down.

There is nothing wrong with Carole helping with the baby when she can. Catherine will do her own thing as a mother, there's no doubt about that. She is standing on her own two feet. She's a full time wife, part time working royal and now a mother to be. Catherine is living her life.

William & Catherine's life together as husband and wife is turning out to be beautiful, just as they wished it would in their engagement interview.

I've been "musing" about this - around the practicalities. So random thoughts were

Nottingham Cottage has 2 bedrooms - and they wont be large because this was a small cottage for staff originally

William and Catherine have one bedroom

Where do they put all their clothes? His suits might all be blue but he has more than one and her wardrobe is not small

Is the 2nd bedroom a dressing room?

2nd bedroom for the baby? and all the baby things

Where do the clothes go?

Usually Royals have live in nannies -so where would the nanny sleep and relax?

Daytime nanny only? Only if they are in one place all of the time - or they have more than one?

What about Angelsey? Is this too remote for Catherine on her own?

This was just the start of my musings and I've stopped cos staying a while in one place; feeling comfortable; learning about Baby Cambridge; having a regular base.... having support that you trust; its just sensible.

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton will live with mum after baby is born | Mail Online

Kate Middleton to move to family home in Berkshire after baby's birth - hellomagazine.com

I think its about time Catherine learnt to stand on her own two feet. She has lots of responsibility with 2 homes to run and a mass of royal servants. For goodness sake take control of your own life. I wonder how William feels even if he gets on with Carole. I just think the whole idea is ridiculous. But nothing she does surprises me anymore.

What a nasty comment. Honestly, if this story is true, it's probably for logistical reasons, since there's no room for helpers to stay at Nott Cott and since their new home will not yet be ready.

It would be a good way to deal with that problem, especially once William returns to military duties after his paternity leave is up.

They can live at Clarence House or Buckingham Palace, until they can move to Kensington Palace apartments.

As the situation is, the alternative would be to move in with Charles and Camilla till their own appartment is ready. Would that be better? IMHo not.

As the situation is, the alternative would be to move in with Charles and Camilla till their own appartment is ready. Would that be better? IMHo not.

Why living with the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall would not be a good solution?

:previous: Why would staying with the Middletons not be a good solution? Seems like it would be six of one and half-dozen of the other, except that at Clarence House, because of Charles' and Camilla's schedules, they'd mostly be around employees. The Middletons being family would be more comfortable. But in the long run, it's really their decision what to do after the baby is born.

Kate would be more comfortable learning how to take of her baby from her own mum especially if William is still flying after the baby comes. Charles and Camilla have their own schedule and will probably be up in Scotland during Aug & Sept. I don't see why the DM is making a big deal about the baby living with "commoners" they are his/her grandparents and will spend a great deal of time with them in future

Why living with the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall would not be a good solution?

The Middletons live permanently in their home in the countryside where Catherine is at home. At Clarence House she would be a guest at a Royal residence with her in-laws more often than not away. So IMHO it would be more comfortable to stay with her parents till her own apartment is ready to move in.

:previous: Why would staying with the Middletons not be a good solution?

Can you point where I said this?

They can stay in Balmoral with the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, Carole can go with them.

The can come and live with us while they're still sprucin' up KP. But I don't do no middle of the night stuff. And they better bring one o' those diaper genies. :cool:

Of course they can stay at any of the royal residences but they can stay with Kate's parents in Berkshire. Kate and the baby can stay at Nott Cottage and Carole could stay in the Middleton's Chelsea flat where James & Pippa live. She could still help with the baby but doesn't take the extra bedroom at the cottage. As we know, W&K will make their own decision when the time comes.

Both of these palaces are working palaces - receptions; meetings; garden parties etc. Each with a routine way of working. So these are not relaxing homely homes. HQM goes to Windsor for that, and Charles goes to Highgrove.

I had thought about Clarence House but all the room that is probably available is the flat that W&H shared and Harry currently uses that as his base. That only leaves the formal rooms.

Also there are limits to external access - CH has a v small garden but that is actually used for some of the PRince's projects; BP gardens are used for events.

Also across the summer months, HMQ and Charles go to Scotland, leaving a limited staff who do a spring clean. So again she would be on her own.

Her parents home is a good choice - lots of room inside and out; friends can drop by; good interim measure until the autumn when William will have decided his future and KP will be ready.

Mary of Teck was the first british-born heir's mother in recent history. Her eldest son Edward VIII was born at White Lodge, Richmond Park, residence of Mary's parent's family, The Tecks.
Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon was the second. Queen Elizabeth II was born at her maternal grandfather's (14th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne) London house. Princess Margaret was born at Glamis Castle in Scotland, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon's ancestral home.
The third, Diana, had problems with mother.

Mary of Teck was the first british-born heir's mother in recent history. Her eldest son Edward VIII was born at White Lodge, Richmond Park, residence of Mary's parent's family, The Tecks.
Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon was the second. Queen Elizabeth II was born at her maternal grandfather's (14th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne) London house. Princess Margaret was born at Glamis Castle in Scotland, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon's ancestral home.
The third, Diana, had problems with mother.

Just the way you put it, both Victoria and Elizabeth II qualify as British-born heirs mothers, making 6 of the last 7 mothers of future British monarchs British-born, while 5 of the last 7 fathers of future British monarchs are/were British-born.

What do Diana's problems with her mother have to do with her being a British-born mother of an heir? The Hanovers in particular were rather notorious for having problems between parents and children.

Just the way you put it, both Victoria and Elizabeth II qualify as British-born heirs mothers, making 6 of the last 7 mothers of future British monarchs British-born, while 5 of the last 7 fathers of future British monarchs are/were British-born.

What do Diana's problems with her mother have to do with her being a British-born mother of an heir? The Hanovers in particular were rather notorious for having problems between parents and children.

I think the point being made was that the mothers chose to give birth in their own mothers homes. Diana was known to have issues with her own mother at times so she might not have felt that was an option for her.

Reactions: Ish
Having your royal baby in a hospital is a relative new trend it didn't start until the queen's grandchildren were born. Kate is most likely going to have the baby at a hospital.

Why is everyone on here acting like this story is true? Stop arguing over something that is probably no more than tabloid gossip.

Having your royal baby in a hospital is a relative new trend it didn't start until the queen's grandchildren were born. Kate is most likely going to have the baby at a hospital.

A fellow Atlantan!

I think it's a given that this baby will be born in a hospital, unless of course, they don't get there in time.

It happens.

And as long as mother and baby are fine, what an awesome footnote in the annals of history. While I suppose I'm going off topic, has any royal been born on the way to the hospital?

I don't think so. I know it was pretty dicey with Sophie and Louise. I would think the royal protection officers have first aid training and in pinch deliver baby Cambridge if they had to. If Kate in London getting to a hospital wouldn't be a problem but someplace like Balmoral could be more tricky. They scrambled a raf sea king to take Phillip to the hospital when he had his heart problem 2 Christmases ago. I imagine that Kate wouldn't venture past Berkshire as the due date nears.

I don't think so. I know it was pretty dicey with Sophie and Louise. I would think the royal protection officers have first aid training and in pinch deliver baby Cambridge if they had to. If Kate in London getting to a hospital wouldn't be a problem but someplace like Balmoral could be more tricky. They scrambled a raf sea king to take Phillip to the hospital when he had his heart problem 2 Christmases ago. I imagine that Kate wouldn't venture past Berkshire as the due date nears.

I agree. I'm sure that she is being checked continually. As soon as she reaches a certain date, or sooner if things look like they could happen, she will be kept nearby.

A fellow Atlantan!

I think it's a given that this baby will be born in a hospital, unless of course, they don't get there in time.

It happens.

And as long as mother and baby are fine, what an awesome footnote in the annals of history. While I suppose I'm going off topic, has any royal been born on the way to the hospital?
You need a desert or technogenic disaster for such thing. First baby's birth lasts 10-20 h

You need a desert or technogenic disaster for such thing. First baby's birth lasts 10-20 h

Not always. A friend of mine told her husband to take her bag out to the car while she went to brush her hair. He waited in the car for her but then went back inside to find her on the bathroom floor with the new baby. She later laughed and said she didnt know why women made such a big fuss about child birth because she didnt feel much of anything and hoped the second child would be just as easy (it wasnt).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom