Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy Names:

James
Adam
Michael
Christian
Philip
Tristan
Alexander

Girl Names:

Christina
Amelia
Grace
Serena
Sarah
Elizabeth
Mary

Boy Names:

James
Adam
Michael
Christian
Philip
Tristan
Alexander

Girl Names:

Christina
Amelia
Grace
Serena
Sarah
Elizabeth
Mary

I would rule out:

Adam.
Christian (this is name practically reserved for Danish Kings).
Tristan (too much Arthurian).
Christina.
Grace.
Serena.
Sarah.

None of these names were used before. Maybe the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will give a "new" the name for the second child (still unlikely, but's possible). The firstborn will be King or Queen one day, so they'll give him/her an very traditional name.

I think it would be great if they gave the baby a non-traditional name. I see nothing wrong with the names- Grace, Christina, Amelia or Serena.

I think it would be great if they gave the baby a non-traditional name. I see nothing wrong with the names- Grace, Christina, Amelia or Serena.

There's nothing wrong with the names. Indeed, they're very beautiful names.

But this baby will be the British Monarch, a traditional name is necessary. If it's a boy he'll certainly have the name of a previous British King (most likely George or Edward), if it's a girl, she'll will be named after one of the Queens regnants, or after a successful Queen consort (like Elizabeth, Victoria or Charlotte).

Grace! Why didn't I think of that!

Perfect! :D

The point was veto power of names of grandchildren by the sovereign. I personally like names that are places like savannah, but Seriously) would Princess Isla work for any if you?

It is rather irrelevant whether Princess Isla would work for any of us, because neither Princess Savannah nor Princess Isla (hopefully) will ever happen, seeing as the vast majority of the royal family then would have to die.

Last edited:
I had a dream last night of William and Catherine having their child baptized. It was a girl, and like the Danish royals, they announced her name at the baptismal font - Princess Louise.

LOL! I don't think they'll use that name, especially not as a first one. But I just I wanted to share.

Last edited:
The Duke of Cambridge's tour of duty will end this year. I think now the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will become full-time working members of the British Royal Family.

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will start to reduce their commitments, and the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will need help with the burden of Royal duties.

But this baby will be the British Monarch, a traditional name is necessary. If it's a boy he'll certainly have the name of a previous British King (most likely George or Edward), if it's a girl, she'll will be named after one of the Queens regnants, or after a successful Queen consort (like Elizabeth, Victoria or Charlotte).

Victoria was a Queen Regnant, not a Queen Consort.

I had a dream last night of William and Catherine having their child baptized. It was a girl, and like the Danish royals, they announced her name at the baptismal font - Princess Louise.

LOL! I don't think they'll use that name, especially not as a first one. But I just I wanted to share.

Imagine the uproar if they did! Of course they could use the name if they wanted to, and it's a good job Lady Louise does not use Princess Louise, but it would be so odd to have two Louise's so close in age.

The point was veto power of names of grandchildren by the sovereign. I personally like names that are places like savannah, but Seriously) would Princess Isla work for any if you?

Doesn't matter what I think. It's what the parents think. I think Princess Isla sounds perfectly lovely, and if the name wasn't already being used and William and Catherine chose it for their daughter (assuming they're having one, of course), then that's what they chose. People here would either say they liked it or they didn't......and that's really it, when you break it down to brass tacks. Our opinions in the long run don't mean squat.

I don't care enough either way to get emotional about it, whether it's a name I like or a name I don't. That's why I found all the hullabaloo about Victoria and Daniel naming their daughter Estelle so damn funny. People were acting like the Earth was going to stop rotating, or the moon would suddenly crash into the sun. All over the name of a baby that has no impact on anyone's lives other than her family. I'm sure the same will happen in this section when the Cambridge baby is born.....because why wouldn't it? Someone's going to be unhappy, because they need to be unhappy so they have something to whine and complain about it.

There are people on this forum that seem to think they have to have a negative view of everything. It can be very funny.

Exactly, Gracie.

The Monarch's veto power is only for people who will be HRH.

I can imagine that had she told the Linleys to choose a more suitable name that the 'suggestion', if you like that better than veto, would be ignored.

There won't be any uproar if they name their child Louise. People most likely won't care if there is already a Louise in the family.

Regarding the consorts, I'd love to see a Princess Adelaide.

Adelaide Elizabeth Mary Louisa

Maybe the prospect of a Queen Adelaide would please the Australians, keeping the Australian Monarchy for another century.

Maybe the prospect of a Queen Adelaide would please the Australians, keeping the Australian Monarchy for another century.

Perhaps.

I just think it's a pretty name, certainly a royal name and one very rarely used. It would be a nice tribute to the consort Adelaide and Mary Adelaide of Cambridge, Queen Mary's mother.

Perhaps.

I just think it's a pretty name, certainly a royal name and one very rarely used. It would be a nice tribute to the consort Adelaide and Mary Adelaide of Cambridge, Queen Mary's mother.

Yes, Adelaide would be a good choice indeed.

But I do hope they name her Elizabeth. I love the Queen, and will be wonderful to see a Princess Elizabeth of Cambridge, and, by the and of my days, a Queen Elizabeth III of the United Kingdom.

Perhaps.

I've always liked Adelaide. I knew a girl a few years ago with that name, and I always thought it was really dignified and nice.

As a child, she was called Addie and then she went back to using Adelaide as an adult, so it's got a cute nickname option for when a child is young.

I know Queen Victoria was a Queen regnant. I was listing both reigning Queens and Queens consorts.

I understand that. I'm saying that you put Victoria in the wrong group. There has not been a Victoria as a Queen Consort, but rather one as a Queen Regnant.

I understand that. I'm saying that you put Victoria in the wrong group. There has not been a Victoria as a Queen Consort, but rather one as a Queen Regnant.

I put both reigning Queens and Queens consorts in that group.

"Elizabeth" was there as the name of two reigning Queens and of some Queens consorts.

"Victoria" was there as the name of Queen regnant.

"Adelaide" was there as the name of Queen consort.

Adelaide is a lovely name, and the much loved Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen would be a great namesake.

I put both reigning Queens and Queens consorts in that group.

"Elizabeth" was there as the name of two reigning Queens and of some Queens consorts.

"Victoria" was there as the name of Queen regnant.

"Adelaide" was there as the name of Queen consort.

One, you never mentioned anything about Adelaide; two, based upon the phrasing of the last bit of the post I just copy/pasted, it certainly does appear you're saying Queen Victoria was a consort. I wouldn't have bothered to reply to that post if I didn't think you said something in error.

Adelaide is a lovely name, and the much loved Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen would be a great namesake.

Adelaide is one of my favourite names for a baby girl of my own! It's such a regal name to me.

I'm going to bet money that WnK will give their child a standard boring name. Though I will give credit that Diana and Charles went for a William which I believe hadn't been used since the 1700's. I highly doubt they would go for an Adelaide, heck even Victoria would be a nice change. Wasn't there a Queen Charlotte at one time?

IIRC...Charlotte has not been a happy name.

LaRae

I'm going to bet money that WnK will give their child a standard boring name. Though I will give credit that Diana and Charles went for a William which I believe hadn't been used since the 1700's. I highly doubt they would go for an Adelaide, heck even Victoria would be a nice change. Wasn't there a Queen Charlotte at one time?

William IV was the monarch before Victoria, and HRH Prince William of Gloucester (d1972) was the Queens first cousin.
Queen Charlotte was the consort of George III.

I hope the Cambridge baby is a boy with a good traditional British name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom