Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was saying 'D' for a dog why she stopped herself?? It's a girl for sure!

Because if someone is giving her a gift for the baby, they might not be thrilled to find out that it's actually going to the dog?

But maybe I just want to play this on the safe side before I get too excited about anything . . .

Hey hey people. This is not settled yet. Wait til she has the baby. I personally thought she was going to say dog. Honestly, I couldn't see her going to slip and say daughter. That would be silly. Besides wouldn't she just say baby or thank you. I don't know that doesn't make sense to me. Now I'm hoping its a boy so that everyone will be wrong and can't say they called it. The media will have a field day and forever say that she slipped up and told early lol.

Although I would hate for the woman to look stupid, but I want a surprise darn it!

Last edited:
I expect her to be seen buying boy baby clothes any day

I won't waste much time reading too much into this story. I'm waiting for July to roll around to find out officially.

I think they want it to be a surprise to everyone. I'll wait till then.

lots of happy people in here. How do you think she is feeling? No one respects any aspect of privacy and the women in Grimsby had there 15 seconds of fame and Catherine and William are left with very little lfeft just for themselves.

All it will take is for somebody in the hospital in July to give a blog account of events and the whole frreaking thing will be public.

:eek:

lots of happy people in here. How do you think she is feeling? No one respects any aspect of privacy and the women in Grimsby had there 15 seconds of fame and Catherine and William are left with very little lfeft just for themselves.

All it will take is for somebody in the hospital in July to give a blog account of events and the whole frreaking thing will be public.

:eek:

I am expecting video of the delivery or at least pay per view. The public have a right to see and know all damn it:eek:

and we must take responsibility a being part of the problem. :ohmy:

From my understanding of the situation one of 3 things happened here:

1. The Cambridges know the sex of the baby and Catherine let it slip that it's a girl.
2. Catherine was going to say something else (likely dog) then stopped herself because she realized that it could offend the giver of the testy bear
3. The Cambridges don't know the gender of the baby but Catherine thinks (at least right now) that it's a girl, refers to it as such in private, and let that slip. A good friend of mine would change her mind about her baby's gender every couple weeks or so, to the point that I would often say "so it's a boy/girl today?" in conversation with her

I don't know that this is a sign that they're expecting a girl, or that it isn't. Personally, I kind of hope that Catherine didn't mean to say "daughter" simply because if they do know it's gender they're able to maintain that level of privacy for a bit longer (ie 4 months). This is a couple that doesn't get a lot of privacy or many secrets, and if this is one then I hope that they're able to keep it to themselves until they're ready to share it (or the baby is born, at which point it becomes less of a secret).

I don't know anyone who call their child son or daughter before the child is born. They gave nickname or say he, she or it.

I don't know anyone who call their child son or daughter before the child is born. They gave nickname or say he, she or it.

But how is saying "he" different from "son" or "she" from "daughter"?

I was just saying people don't normally start calling their fetus my daughter or my son.

Really I have known a lot of couples who have done just that, or more frequently a mother to refer to the fetus as my daughter and the father refer to it as my son.

I don't know any pregnant couples who refer to their unborn child as a fetus....

LaRae

They don't , I do until it pops out.

Which is as it should be :)

And I actually agree with miche about it being unusual for a parent to use "daughter" or "son" during a pregnancy. I still think she was going to say "dog".

well, hmmm...it could be for her "d...octor" or "d...ollhouse". Or maybe she wanted to say "d...aughter or son"

Which is as it should be :)

And I actually agree with miche about it being unusual for a parent to use "daughter" or "son" during a pregnancy. I still think she was going to say "dog".
I agree with this. Even if you know the sex, parents to be, especially with the first, mostly say "the baby". Or, If they're into already having the name, etc. they will say my little boy or little gir,l but son or daughter, not until they're much older in my experience.;)
anyway, I'm voting for a boy for many Old wives tales reasons.

I personally am hoping for a girl. In my family there are a LOT more boys than girls. My dad's sister is the only girl in their family; she has three other brothers plus him, for a total of four. All five of my cousins are older than me; and they're all male. My dad's parents and siblings/siblings-in-law were SO happy when I came along; they could finally shop in the pink section for the first time in 36 years since 1954, which was when my aforementioned aunt was born. Then my parents had two boys three years apart. I have to say I feel like Princess Anne!

Don't mean to quibble, but while P Anne has only male siblings, her parents had only female siblings! Prince Phillip is the only male in his family and of course HM had only a sister.

Maybe she was going to say "my Daniella" or "my Daniel" or "my David", a name picked out. My Davina, Dorothea, Denis...or maybe after all it is Dog, who is given the treat of ripping Teddy to shreds. Douglas, Demetri, Donald....

Frelinghighness said:
Don't mean to quibble, but while P Anne has only male siblings, her parents had only female siblings! Prince Phillip is the only male in his family and of course HM had only a sister.

True, I forgot that Philip had four older sisters! But George VI's sister Mary, Princess Royal number 6, only had brothers as well.

What about 'darling' as in 'darling child' and thus stopped herself in order to tease us mere mortals?

Video:
Kate Keeps Mum Over Royal Baby's Gender
Kate Keeps Mum Over Royal Baby's Gender

The Duchess of Cambridge didn't reveal the baby's sex. From what I see in the video, she didn't say anything about the baby's gender, except that they don't know the baby's gender. You can tell she was being asked by the lady but Catherine didn't spill anything.

Let's make a list of all the 'd' words it could have been - if anything:

David
Daniel
Douglas
Darren
Daryl
Darrell
Donna
Diana
Deandra
Devon
etc etc etc etc

Really I have known a lot of couples who have done just that, or more frequently a mother to refer to the fetus as my daughter and the father refer to it as my son.

i agree - i have had quite a few friends who have done that... with their first. how is my son today, oh your daughter is kicking up a storm. this could very easily be a run on joke btwn the two of them and she certainly needn't stop and explain.

I found this article on my news page as I surfaced from a long winter's nap this evening. Nothing like a hot fire, warm fuzzy slippers and a roaring fire during a snowstorm. :D

I think once an expectant mother knows the sex of her baby, its very probable that she will start thinking of her son or her daughter so its very possible that Kate almost let it slip that she's expecting a girl. When all thoughts are around the impending birth, I don't think baby toys or stuffed animals would be thought as a gift for a dog. Then again, our Dawg has a stuffed zebra in his toy box so what do I know?

Anyways, the pictures that come with this article are too cute for words.

Kate Middleton Baby Girl? Pregnant Royal Reportedly Hints At Sex Of Child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom