Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't seen lots of people stating that it's a girl. The only discussion I've seen is around the changes to succession i.e. if it's a girl she won't be leapfrogged in the line of succession by a younger brother.

Can someone please explain why the whole world and his wife is saying the baby is a GIRL?

What is the scientific evidence? Perhaps someone can enlighten me? Everyone is saying GIRL GIRL GIRL? is there a medical reason for this?

What is it about the pregnancy that rules OUT a BOY??

I am sure the answer's will be very interesting, having never had children myself and am really curious, especially as people that have said this to me in the past about other celebrities have been proved SPOT ON, and the baby has indeed turned out to be a girl. How are people able to predict this so accurately and very cleverly too. What is the secret to this?

We are only guessing it:flowers: My bet is she's having a girl.

Like Kate I had HG too and I had two girls.
The most part of women who suffered with it ended up giving birth to a girl. Obviously there are some women who had that and had boys.

There's not a 'rule' we are just predicting.

I'm kind of thinking baby photos will be few and far between. I've only seen 3 photos of Lupo since he's been a Cambridge. They don't seem to be quick to share (which is OK by me).

All due respect, Lupo is not the next heir to the British throne...

Even so, I've seen more than three pictures of Lupo. But only when he's out walking with Kate. I doubt we'd get posed studio photographs of him. :p

Research has shown that increased levels of morning sickness are associated with girl pregnancies. People are just suggesting it is a girl due to Catherine's sickness at the beginning.

Research has shown that increased levels of morning sickness are associated with girl pregnancies. People are just suggesting it is a girl due to Catherine's sickness at the beginning.

I don't base my opinion only on her sickness at the beginning.

I have a feeling its a girl... that's it!:flowers:

I've always imagined them having a girl.

I don't base my opinion only on her sickness at the beginning.

I have a feeling its a girl... that's it!:flowers:

I've always imagined them having a girl.

And then other people have feeling it will be a boy so...who knows. We will all be pleasantly surprised. In the meantime, I find the speculations amusing.:)

as the sex of the child will be determined by William's male line genetics....2 boys produced by Charles

3 boys and 1 girl produced by Phillip

4 girls and 1 boy produced by Andrew of Greece

I think statistically, more than likely a boy...but I vote for a girl and bet on Diana or Frances in the name.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the program 'Countryfile' Charles expressed his feelings about becoming a grandfather, saying: “It’s a lovely thought and I look forward enormously to that relationship”

In the program 'Countryfile' Charles expressed his feelings about becoming a grandfather, saying: “It’s a lovely thought and I look forward enormously to that relationship”

He will be a great grandfather for sure

as the sex of the child will be determined by William's male line genetics

The sex of the child relies solely on whether William contributed an X chromosome or a Y chromosome, and absolutely nothing else. Women are XX, males are XY. Since we only have one letter to give, our contribution to the baby game is always an X. Males contribute either an X or a Y, which then determines the baby's gender. It all comes down to which little fishy got to the finish line first, as it were. I could get more specific and use actual medical terminology, but I think you get the gist just fine with that.

It doesn't matter how many boys or girls people have had in the past, whether the woman is carrying high or low, whether she has a big butt or a flat butt, or whether she's extra pukey or not pukey at all. This is basic genetics and biology. My dad was the 2nd of the two boys, my grandfather was the 3rd of 5 boys, my great-grandfather was the 1st of 5 boys. What did my dad have? Two girls. You'd think he'd have all boys, but as you can see, that wasn't the case.

Last edited:
Without going into too much detail, it's speculated that the chemistry of the woman plays a part in how receptive she is to the xy's or the xx's, which both survive in different types of environments. Some women are in the middle of that balance, which is why they seem to have even numbers. When you see a family with an inordinate amount of one or the other, it might be due to the mother's chemistry.

That doesn't mean that the sex isn't determined by the male line genetics. William got an X from his mother and a Y from his father (who got the Y from his father, and so on).

The idea that William's male-line ancestry is more likely to have boys than girls is a bit unfounded though. Yes, his father had 2 boys, but both of his uncles had girls (Andrew having 2). Prince Philip had 3 boys and 1 girl, his father had 4 girls and 1 boy, and his grandfather had 5 boys and 1 girl.

Furthermore, if you look at the offspring of all the male-line descendants of George I (Prince Philip's grandfather) you get exactly 21 boys and 21 girls. Just using that alone, William isn't more or less likely to have a boy or a girl.

That doesn't mean that the sex isn't determined by the male line genetics. William got an X from his mother and a Y from his father (who got the Y from his father, and so on)

ALL males get a Y from their fathers. That's why they're males. That's not male line genetics, though. That's just plain old genetics. Sperm carry an X or they carry a Y. The gender of the child depends on which one gets to the egg first. William could be part of an unbroken line of boys going back to William the Conqueror.....if an X got there first, the child is a girl.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Kate takes bear in #Grimsby: "thank you, I'll take that for my d.." Does Duchess give away sex of her baby? #telegraph front page

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Kate slips-up? Grimsby resident says to #Kate: "you were going to say 'daughter' weren't you? Kate replied: "No, we don't know."

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
We have an intriguing story in the Daily Mail tomorrow from Kate's visit to Grimsby - has she inadvertently let slip the sex of her baby

Did the press hear it or did a grimsby resident hear it or did a grimsby resident sell a story?

^^ Story will be published in the dailymail (online) in half an hour or so, according to Rebeca English

If I was that person and she did let slip, Id have kept quiet and gone to the bookies and put ££££ on a girl.

If I was that person and she did let slip, Id have kept quiet and gone to the bookies and put ££££ on a girl.

So would i. Daily Mail says a story tomorrow, but Catherine's put her foot in it now. Looks pretty much confirmed it's a girl.

^^ ahah. Maybe the journalists heard it too. Who knows? Let's wait for the article to see

Don't really know what to think. I don't think she necessarily was gonna say 'daughter', but then again, I wasn't there so I didn't hear it. Do think it's kinda douchy of whoever the person is to let it slip to the press though.

MAybe she was going to say d..og!

Don't really know what to think. I don't think she necessarily was gonna say 'daughter', but then again, I wasn't there so I didn't hear it. Do think it's kinda douchy of whoever the person is to let it slip to the press though.

Could it be "i'll take that for my dog?" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom