Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going slightly off topic and maybe merits a new thread. But if you were William and Catherine how would you protect your child in the future?

Charles brokered a deal with the UK media to protect William and Harry - all pre Twitter, Facebook, mobiles with cameras. What is ahead for Baby Cambridge? It is not looking good and is, in addition, a security nightmare.

Some sort of deal will have to be made - or perhaps legislation on protection of minors, even those in the public eye.

I am of the opinion that once that baby arrives and has been around for a time, some of the frenzy will die down.

I don't disagree that this is a tremendous problem.

But these photos are money shots and the only way to make them not money shots is to act as a group and not view them. Money talks.

I looked at the picture of Kate, and she does look distended in front, but not in a bump manner. We talked about this on some thread. Some tall girls don't get a bump early, they rather a fullness or distention of the lower ab area. The bump appears later than in short girls. I disagreed with the commenters on the bump-viewing site who say they saw no bump. No, no bump but definitely a pregnancy protrusion. Kate never had ANY abdominal protrusion before this, was flat as a pancake.

I don't know how it's like in the UK but here in Denmark the tabloids are being somewhat more considerate when it comes to the royal children. It's very rare that they have their picture taken unless they're out with their parents or in some official matter. Obviously though, there's a way bigger hype about the Cambridge baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, Miche, I forget the site on TRF, but there was one on Miss Honoria Glossip's site.
There are lots of interesting pictures, mostly royal but some others. The pictures was on the Glossip site before the Duchess went on vacation, in a cape which shows some degree of protruberance.
I go to Miss Honoria Glossip nearly every day to see the pics. They showed Kate walking in a cape, and she has no bump but she is expanding some below the waist, typical of long-waisted women like Kate. Kate won't show a bump-like protrusion until later, at least over five months.

Last edited:
Does anyone wonder sometimes what brand of clothes Baby Cambridge will wear? I was discussing this with my mother last week and we think that if it's a girl, the baby might wear some clothes from Jigsaw as Catherine used to work there. I'm not sure if they still do children's wear but when I was 9, I had a party skirt, which I loved, from there. Also, Jigsaw only sell girl's children's wear so that's why I bought this up ;).

I'm quite certain that there will be a giraffe motif for The Child's room.

^ or horses. Maybe some zebras & elephants. :)

I'm quite certain that there will be a giraffe motif for The Child's room.

I'm voting for kitties!!!

Does anyone wonder sometimes what brand of clothes Baby Cambridge will wear? I was discussing this with my mother last week and we think that if it's a girl, the baby might wear some clothes from Jigsaw as Catherine used to work there. I'm not sure if they still do children's wear but when I was 9, I had a party skirt, which I loved, from there. Also, Jigsaw only sell girl's children's wear so that's why I bought this up ;).

The Child probably won't wear Baby Dior, but to me, they have the cutest clothes.

Last edited:
This is going slightly off topic and maybe merits a new thread. But if you were William and Catherine how would you protect your child in the future?

Charles brokered a deal with the UK media to protect William and Harry - all pre Twitter, Facebook, mobiles with cameras. What is ahead for Baby Cambridge? It is not looking good and is, in addition, a security nightmare.
If I were William and Kate, I'd make good use of 'their' website Homepage .

I'd have Kate get out her camera and have her (and William) take candids and post one or two photos on their website - every week or so. Furthermore, I'd make money off the pics (the way the paps do) and donate that money directly to their charities.

Beat the paps at their own game, as it were.

:previous: I think they may just do this. Look at recent of examples William putting pictures of him at work.

I'd have Kate get out her camera and have her (and William) take candids and post one or two photos on their website - every week or so. Furthermore, I'd make money off the pics (the way the paps do) and donate that money directly to their charities.

They could get great uncle Andrew to take some photos as well. Edward and Sophie used the money from photo's released of Lady Louise for charities. Wills and Kate will hopefully do the same.

That is a genius idea and I hope they do it (or at least something like it).

I too was going to suggest Andrew as the family photographer so that the images are controlled and the baby left alone...But perhaps his latest debacle will not allow them to use him?

Also, his closeness to his X-wife could be an issue for the Queen?

Kate is supposedly a photographer. Kate could use timer shots to include herself in the photos. I have done it successfully. She of course should be able to photograph baby (with Willl or without) and make chosen images available for media release on the condition that the media leave them alone.

Someone should write them and make the suggestion. In Denmark, Mary photographs the children.

Most likely William & Catherine will release pictures of the baby.

I too was going to suggest Andrew as the family photographer so that the images are controlled and the baby left alone...But perhaps his latest debacle will not allow them to use him?

Also, his closeness to his X-wife could be an issue for the Queen?

Kate is supposedly a photographer. Kate could use timer shots to include herself in the photos. I have done it successfully. She of course should be able to photograph baby (with Willl or without) and make chosen images available for media release on the condition that the media leave them alone.

I still think despite his problem's Andrew is the best option as he has done several family photoshoots before and it would be nice for him to have done Louise's and baby Cambridge's first photo's. It would also mean the family would be more relaxed it if it was with a family member, which is why Edward and Sophie chose Andrew.

Lots of people have public and private blogs about their kids and family life. This would be a good idea for this baby - satisfying public curiosity so hopefully paps don't feel the need to chase the child down everywhere.

Lots of people have public and private blogs about their kids and family life. This would be a good idea for this baby - satisfying public curiosity so hopefully paps don't feel the need to chase the child down everywhere.

Please god no! Next thing someone will suggest this baby has it's own twitter account. Beyond the babies sex, name and first picture there's nothing else to be curious about.

Please god no! Next thing someone will suggest this baby has it's own twitter account. Beyond the babies sex, name and first picture there's nothing else to be curious about.

I've no doubt the baby's parents feel the same way, but again we have the right to privacy bumping up against expectations of privacy. I think public curiosity will have to be satisfied in some sort of way, and this would be one way of doing it. Far less of a chance of some pap trying to photograph into the baby's room with some James Bond type technology that can see through walls.

The first royal to achieve celebrity status in that the press was interested in her every move was Baby Betty, circa 1926. She and Uncle David were the first royals to obtain that dubious dual status of royal/celebrity. Now there's no turning back. The Queen Mother did it right - she sanctioned a book or two to be written about her daughters' life. All rosy pablum for the masses, the dissemination of which would have caused a stroke in Victoria, but I think it was the right decision.

I've no doubt the baby's parents feel the same way, but again we have the right to privacy bumping up against expectations of privacy. I think public curiosity will have to be satisfied in some sort of way, and this would be one way of doing it. Far less of a chance of some pap trying to photograph into the baby's room with some James Bond type technology that can see through walls.

That's not a way to satisfy curiosity. This isn't right vs expectation. There is no way a member of the paparazzi is going to get past the gates of any palace, and should he/she, they'll be arrested for breaking and entering.

The public will get, the sex, the name, a few photos at birth and then at the christening. We will then probably get family portraits. That is all we should get in regards to this child. Frankly nobody gives a damn about anything else, do they? There is no curiosity that you speak of.

I agree with LQ - there is no curiosity to speak of.

However, the media may think differently and push this; smart-alecs will set up twitter accounts as Baby Cambridge (if it hasn't been done already) to tell us about his/her life - and on it goes.....

An example is the news reports on Pippa Middleton - 95% of the comments are "we are not interested" and it still persists.

Baby Dior do have cute clothes. Moschino and Zara also have nice children's wear. :flowers:

One thing I know. the child will do what a baby does best and that is eat, sleep and mess a diaper. if its a boy, Kate will learn early on how to aim the free squirt.

With the fast growth of infants, i bet they go with standard onesies.

GAP has cute baby clothes :)

I really hope it's a girl :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom