Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VERY happy to hear she's due in July. I'm born in July as well! Also thrilled we got confirmation about whether or not it's twins. I'm also relieved Catherine will still be doing some royal engagements. Was worried we wouldn't see her till July after last week's tweet.

VERY happy to hear she's due in July. I'm born in July as well! Also thrilled we got confirmation about whether or not it's twins. I'm also relieved Catherine will still be doing some royal engagements. Was worried we wouldn't see her till July after last week's tweet.
I think we'll see her again in a month:flowers: I'm relieved she's feeling better!

Trivia on being born on English soil: The youngest heir to the pretender throne of the Jacobites is Joseph Wendel, son of Duke Alois and his wife Sophie of Leichtenstein. He was born in England while his dad was working there. He is about 18 years old now. Many of the Jacobites (Stuart followers) claim that this line of descent is the true one of English kings. Duke Alois and Sophie do NOT make any claims like this. But it's interesting that he was temporarily working in England at the time of Joseph Wendel's birth.

Nobody knows the due date, we know the month that Catherine is due in. The baby will arrive when it arrives but Catherine's due date is in July.

I've never seen other royal houses announce a month early.

Fantastic! A Fourth of July baby at my house. I am talking to my congressman now about the details.

George I was born in Germany.....:whistling:

I bet everything I have, that the baby will come in June already :ROFLMAO::whistling::lol: .... and they just said July to get rid of the masses of journalists in front of the hospitel already 4 weeks before due date....

Bye Bine

I bet everything I have, that the baby will come in June already :ROFLMAO::whistling::lol: .... and they just said July to get rid of the masses of journalists in front of the hospitel already 4 weeks before due date....

Bye Bine
Why would they be at the hospital for weeks before the birth? I was around when William and Harry were born and this is exactly what happens:

Prince William: How a CBS News Correspondent Came to Announce Royal's Birth to British People - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

The cameraman, Johnny Peters, was a bit of a legend in the London bureau. He was an Englishman well versed in the ways of his people.

"We don't want to go to the hospital," Peters told me. "We want to go to the palace. That's where we will get the news first."

Peters told me the birth of a royal child is traditionally announced by simply hanging a small notice on the gate of Buckingham Palace, so we headed down to the palace...

Then again, there was no Internet in 1982. No Twitter or even Facebook or instantaneous news updates or rumors being posted or tweeted. Everything is so different now. I guess we'll find out in a few months what the paparazzi will do as the time nears. I doubt they'll be camping out in front of the hospital or Kensington Palace (if that's where the Cambridges will be by then), but they'll have spies, no doubt.

How is the procedure after the birth?

Will there be salutes? A service at Westminster Abbey? Will the tv stations stopp their broadcast for the breaking news?

Thanks for your answers!

but they'll have spies, no doubt.

Spies, really? Are we MI5 now? When Catherine is admitted, to whichever hospital she chooses (there are a number of them) from whicever place she currently resides. SJP will tell the press, they will go to the hospital.

It will be considered "breaking news" - the media will ask people in the street what do they think and they will wheel out the dreadful pundits including Katherine Williams (the worst) to give information on what it means to the monarchy. They will gabble at length about whether it was a natural birth or not and all the men will stop watching and go to the pub!

Then there will be complaints if the names are not announced immediately - a given I think. Then there will be debate on the actual names and the godparents and by then the entire national will be bored rigid and have gone to the pub - which will be good for the economy.

How is the procedure after the birth?

Will there be salutes? A service at Westminster Abbey? Will the tv stations stopp their broadcast for the breaking news?

Thanks for your answers!

I'd assume the news of birth would be "breaking news" or "just in" not just in the United Kingdom, but also in other countries of the Realm and probably most English-speaking states too.

An official announcement of the birth will be released by the Buckingham Palace, followed by the Clarence House and St James Palace. Immediately afterwards, the announcement will be picked up by major broadcasting companies (BBC and other); usually the National Anthem is played immediately after the birth is announced (as happened when then Princess Elizabeth gave birth to Prince Charles). Some days later, the Buckingham Palace will release a further announcement which will include the baby's names.

Gun salutes do indeed occur after royal births. If a boy, a 41 gun salute will be fired in Hyde Park, the Tower of London and across the country. If a girl, I think the tradition was 20 gun salutes (although it is possible that the first born girl - as Heiress Apparent under the yet-to-be-adopted rules - may get the full 41 salute as well).

Other traditions concerning royal births include baptising in the Music Room at Buckingham Palace using water from River Jordan. The christening robe will almost certainly be Queen Victoria's Honiton silk and lace christening robe (or replica of thereof) - a family heirloom worn by five generations of the Royal Family

The number of Godparents is basically up to the couple; I would expect at least four but no more than seven. Foreign royals will almost certainly not feature among them with the possible exception of a member of the Greek Royal Family (honouring Prince Philip's side of family).

Last edited:
It will be considered "breaking news" - the media will ask people in the street what do they think and they will wheel out the dreadful pundits including Katherine Williams (the worst) to give information on what it means to the monarchy. They will gabble at length about whether it was a natural birth or not and all the men will stop watching and go to the pub!

Then there will be complaints if the names are not announced immediately - a given I think. Then there will be debate on the actual names and the godparents and by then the entire national will be bored rigid and have gone to the pub - which will be good for the economy.

I agree on all of that! But it's how the press works, we saw it with the wedding, we saw it when Catherine was admitted. They're the press, they want to know things. Frankly I want to know that name as soon as the baby pops out! :lol:

:previous: me too! I still want Charlotte Rose

Other traditions concerning royal births include baptising in the Music Room at Buckingham Palace using water from River Jordan. The christening robe will almost certainly be Queen Victoria's Honiton silk and lace christening robe - a family heirloom worn by five generations of the Royal Family

Well not the original gown but the copy made of it since the original is now to fragile and has been retired.

:previous:
Wasn't it restored some years ago? Although they'll still probably use a replica.

The old Christening gown was preserved, James, Viscount Severn was christened in the replica.

The idea that the press won't know fairly instantly what hospital Kate is taken to to give birth is absurd. Someone, whether it be their own staff, palace staff, a police protection officer or a staff member at the hospital concerned will tip off the press, whether on Twitter, or using text messages or phone calls. It will be impossible to keep such information out of the hands of the media. The only reason the press weren't tipped off about the pregnancy (sorry, but I think despite what he says the photographer from Ikon just got lucky, even a stopped clock is right twice a day) is because William and Kate had told no-one, until hospital treatment was required.

The first tradition on big occasions like this, whether it concerns births or deaths in the RF, is for a physical statement to be hung on the gate of BP (here is the announcement of Prince William's birth). Of course, in this day and age a statement will also be issued to the press using up to date means also.

I thought the Cambridges baby will be christened in the same gown William & Harry was christened in. Is this the same gown you all are talking about?

The idea that the press won't know fairly instantly what hospital Kate is taken to to give birth is absurd. Someone, whether it be their own staff, palace staff, a police protection officer or a staff member at the hospital concerned will tip off the press, whether on Twitter, or using text messages or phone calls. It will be impossible to keep such information out of the hands of the media. The only reason the press weren't tipped off about the pregnancy (sorry, but I think despite what he says the photographer from Ikon just got lucky, even a stopped clock is right twice a day) is because William and Kate had told no-one, until hospital treatment was required.

The first tradition on big occasions like this, whether it concerns births or deaths in the RF, is for a physical statement to be hung on the gate of BP (here is the announcement of Prince William's birth). Of course, in this day and age a statement will also be issued to the press using up to date means also.

I think the tradition of the plaque hung on the gates will continue but they the info will also be released on on twitter, facebook, etc.

The idea that the press won't know fairly instantly what hospital Kate is taken to to give birth is absurd..

Where did anyone say that? I simply stated that the press will know when Catherine is there, I'm not sure how they're going to know before it seems unlikely they'll announce it for obvious security reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if William will be present at birth.

I think the tradition of the plaque hung on the gates will continue but they the info will also be released on on twitter, facebook, etc.
I think they will hang the notice on the gates and then release the info publicly pretty much simultaneously. The BRF is very much about tradition and it's traditional that the notice be hung on the gates.

Incidentally, I think St. Mary's Hospital will be chosen as the hospital and as far as I know, there are no photographs of pregnant royals arriving by car and going in the front door, so they must enter by a secure way. (There are photographs of royals coming out the front door with the baby - but not going in.)

Among others St. Mary's has seen the birth of Peter and Zara; William and Harry; 3 of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester's children - (Alexander, Davina & Rose); as well as the Kent's children - (Frederick and Gabriella).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they will hang the notice on the gates and then release the info publicly pretty much simultaneously. The BRF is very much about tradition and it's traditional that the notice be hung on the gates.

Incidentally, I think St. Mary's Hospital will be chosen as the hospital and as far as I know, there are no photographs of pregnant royals arriving by car and going in the front door, so they must enter by a secure way. (There are photographs of pregnant royals coming out the front door with the baby - but not going in.)

Among others St. Mary's has seen the birth of both of Peter and Zara; William and Harry; 3 of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester's children - (Alexander, Davina & Rose); as well as the Kent's children - (Frederick and Gabriella).

I'm pretty sure that is incorrect. ;):flowers:

I wonder if William will be present at birth.
As I recall his father was there for the birth of his sons so it wouldn't surprise me if William was there.

As a Brit who was in the US on a 4th of July a few years ago and stood watching fireworks as those around me shouted "down with the British!", I think it's probably best if our royals avoid visiting on that particular date!

I find that hard to believe, even though I believe you. The vast majority of Americans would find that embarrassing, as Bensgal said.

And don't worry, we giraffes are very protective of the young. We can kick the heads of strong predators with our long legs.

Besides, the press would never think of looking here....

Can anyone find me prints of corgis playing poker? I really want them to feel at home here.

I'm glad that Catherine is feeling better and will be able to perform some public engagements in a month's time. I was thinking that the due date would be in the ball park of July or August, so I'm sure things will start heating up as the time approaches.

I thought the Cambridges baby will be christened in the same gown William & Harry was christened in. Is this the same gown you all are talking about?

Now that we can discuss in this thread....yes, the old christening gown was preserved after Lady Louise. James, Viscount Severn, was the first child to use the new gown.

Excerpt: James became the first Royal baby to wear a hand-made christening gown commissioned by the Queen.
The gown, made by the Queen's dresser Angela Kelly and Buckingham Palace's team of dressmakers, is a replica of one of Queen Victoria's daughters' christening gowns which was worn at subsequent Royal christenings, including that of James's four-year-old sister Louise, but has now been preserved.

Read more: Christening at the castle for Sophie Wessex's sweet baby James | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom