The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Dear God are we talking about Diana and Camilla again? I hope it's a boy and I hope it's born on August 1, shortly after midnight.
People will be talking about Camilla and Diana until the end of time, sadly. In a thousand years their story will be as legendary as Julius Caesar/Cleopatra/Marc Antony.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I think the baby will be here sooner rather then later and people are just stirring with the whole Camilla thing. Chances are if the baby looks like William he or she will look like Diana. I would love a little girl a little boy would have less pressure that is for sure. I think everyone on both sides needs to move on.
I would be very surprised if this child was blonde/red as 3 of 4 grandparents are dark haired.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:30 AM
Courtier

I would love a little brunette bub with blue or green eyes just lovely. Depends on who has the strongest genes we will have to wait and see. We could have another 2 weeks of waiting yet. Kate isn't very big hopefully she can give birth naturally but the Dr's will do what is best for the baby and Kate. I don't think Kate would want the baby induced there is no reason too really. If William is at work he is going to need to get to the hospital so hopefully he will get there in plenty of time first time babies usually take awhile luckily. Is he with Kate of a weekend do we know? Or does he stay up in Wales?
Old 07-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I would be very surprised if this child was blonde/red as 3 of 4 grandparents are dark haired.
Just because three grandparents have brown hair, doesn't mean the baby will. Will and Harry were blonde and red headed, with two dark haired grandparents (Philip and John Spencer), and while Elizabeth was quite red as a child, her hair was more a dark auburn almost brown as an adult, not a ginger like Harry.

Meadow, I'd think as she could go into labour any day now, he'd be in London with her whenever he is not on duty, well his days off.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
It seems as if "the boys" have come to terms with their mother's untimely passing and their father's remarriage to Camilla. Just consider the fact that Camilla's granddaughter was a bridesmaid at the wedding. Some people on this board need to move on re: Diana.
The point I would like to make would be that Diana herself instilled in them the values that let them move on. They love them both and that is all that matters. Camilla did not kill Diana. That from a true Diana person and now in her own way a Camilla has made me her fan.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Just because three grandparents have brown hair, doesn't mean the baby will. Will and Harry were blonde and red headed, with two dark haired grandparents (Philip and John Spencer), and while Elizabeth was quite red as a child, her hair was more a dark auburn almost brown as an adult, not a ginger like Harry.

Meadow, I'd think as she could go into labour any day now, he'd be in London with her whenever he is not on duty, well his days off.
Minor point, but I think Philip was blonde in his younger years.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Many children start out as blonde and go brown before they reach adulthood. Will is a rare one in that he has remained blonde.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

I still think, IF, the baby is a girl there is a chance they might put Frances as part of the middle name.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-06-2013, 01:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Yes, even in his 20s there are several discriptions of Lt Philip Mountbatten as a blonde Viking.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Many children start out as blonde and go brown before they reach adulthood. Will is a rare one in that he has remained blonde.
I had fair, light hair as a baby; it was starting to darken by the time I was two, and it was the same shade it is now when I was almost four. My brother, on the other hand, had red hair as a baby, but it too got to be dark brown.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Courtier

The majority of the public have said they hope its a Girl.

But no one has ever said why? Can I please ask, why do you hope its a Girl. Is there any particular reason why you want it to be a Girl?

Is it to inherit the Queen's lovely jewellery collection in her own right, rather than as a wife of a Prince? Or just, you prefer a Queen rather than a King?
Old 07-06-2013, 05:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
The majority of the public have said they hope its a Girl.

But no one has ever said why? Can I please ask, why do you hope its a Girl. Is there any particular reason why you want it to be a Girl?

Is it to inherit the Queen's lovely jewellery collection in her own right, rather than as a wife of a Prince? Or just, you prefer a Queen rather than a King?
Its all for the same old nonsense. Jewellery, dresses. Thats all..
Old 07-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Courtier

I think it would be good that after 2 Kings it would be nice to have a Queen. Queens generally do well and it will be time for a change by then. I just love the way you can dress up little girls. LOL I am an Aunt over 30 times and a Great Aunt 20. The little girls are always more fun to buy for and dress. Little boys do have better clothes these days and I would hope that Kate dresses her kids a little more modern. Even for the time William and Harry were a little old fashioned in their clothes when they were young. I didn't even think of the jewelry side of things.There was a big piece written about how helicopter pilots more often then not have girls so the chances are pretty good it will be a girl. LOL I have read that William would like a girl and Kate a boy of course that is just what the press have said. I think they will be happy no matter what they get.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I think it would be good that after 2 Kings it would be nice to have a Queen. Queens generally do well and it will be time for a change by then. I just love the way you can dress up little girls. LOL I am an Aunt over 30 times and a Great Aunt 20. The little girls are always more fun to buy for and dress. Little boys do have better clothes these days and I would hope that Kate dresses her kids a little more modern. Even for the time William and Harry were a little old fashioned in their clothes when they were young. I didn't even think of the jewelry side of things.There was a big piece written about how helicopter pilots more often then not have girls so the chances are pretty good it will be a girl. LOL I have read that William would like a girl and Kate a boy of course that is just what the press have said. I think they will be happy no matter what they get.
I agree I think it would be very nice to have a Queen again by then because not wishing to think of horrible things, the time between Elizabeth II dying and Charles + William reigning will hopefully be quite a few decades in which we would have had Kings. Come on Victoria II
Old 07-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Starting with Victoria , there has been over a 120 years of a reigning Queen compared to around 50 years of a King. The reigns of Charles and William would probably mirror Edward VII and George V length so that maybe 40 more years

Still more time for queens than a king. I think that the fact that if a girl she would reign has boosted the girl hopes. I think a boy would have an easier time with the interest not having to worry about fashion, hair and weight issues like a girl would.

It really doesn't matter what baby c is as long as he/she and Kate are well after baby c comes.

I am hoping for the Middleton hair gene to trump the balding gene from William. Grandpa Mike has some nice locks. :)
Old 07-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

As I understand it the balding gene comes from the maternal line.

LaRae
Old 07-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Baby: How The Papers Reported The Birth of Prince Charles and Prince William-
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

Not much has changed with these royal births. Crowds gathered, the people celebrated and the media went wild. Technology has changed but the same excitement and celebrations will happen with baby Cambridge's birth.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Nobility

As a Dutch member of this forum, I hope this baby will be born on Wednesday the 10th. On this day King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will visit Great Britain. How wonderful would it be if these two events would coincide...
Old 07-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post
As a Dutch member of this forum, I hope this baby will be born on Wednesday the 10th. On this day King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will visit Great Britain. How wonderful would it be if these two events would coincide...
Yes, indeed.
How long will their visit last?
Old 07-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

official

By the way.... does anyone know where i can find the official details about the birth released by the palace?
I mean: (kate's natural birth, the hospital where she will stay and so on...)
Everybody is talking about it but in the official site nothing about it is said

Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge