The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess Marie View Post
If it happens it's going to be so awkward, no doubt Diana fans will not be pleased. Personally i would have found it very amusing and ironic
As a Diana fan I couldn't care less about something as trivial as that. What matters most is a safe delivery and new life.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post

As a Diana fan I couldn't care less about something as trivial as that. What matters most is a safe delivery and new life.
Agreed! I think the excitement of this little one is so huge and the idea that tis child is future monarch regardless of gender, is much bigger than being born on the same day as a woman whom was not in a good relation with its grandmother.

William and Harry have become close with Camilla, so things have changed.

If the little one arrives on her birthday, than so be it.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post

Agreed! I think the excitement of this little one is so huge and the idea that tis child is future monarch regardless of gender, is much bigger than being born on the same day as a woman whom was not in a good relation with its grandmother.

William and Harry have become close with Camilla, so things have changed.

If the little one arrives on her birthday, than so be it.
I agree. Like I said before, if the Baby comes on Camilla Birthday then so what and so be it as it was meant to be born on that day. The baby can't help it if it born that day and it not the child fault! If it comes on Camellia birthday then who cares? The baby will be born when it ready and if it happen to be Camilla birthday then so what. It does not know the Family it being born into or the whole history with it Grandparents and Step Grandmother.

So Don't blame the kid and don't cry over it... Seriously there are some people's who will cry over things like this which is pretty dumb and stupid.

I am sure there lot if kids out there who have been born on a step grandparent birthday.

But I think it going to be born before July 17th so we won't have to worry about this happening.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Courtier

I wish to see the baby, growing up as a toddler, clinging to Camilla's little finger at some wedding/event. Wanna see the faces of fretting and fuming Diana fanatics. Hope they will cool down atleast then..
Camilla will atleast be funny and do something to make the baby laugh.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess that Diana will adore her grandchild from wherever she is and Camilla will adore her stepgrandchild here on earth.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

There is nothing wrong with the baby being born on the 17th but the British and worlds media will have a good time with the baby and Camilla's birthdays, just as they would've if the baby was born on Diana's birthday. I think it's best for the baby to have its own day but no matter what, the baby will be born in the same month of Diana and Camilla's birthdays.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

There is always the possibility that another child of William and Catherine will be born at Diana's birthday.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^I slept in a bureau drawer until I outgrew it. I have photos of me in my drawer.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
I wish to see the baby, growing up as a toddler, clinging to Camilla's little finger at some wedding/event. Wanna see the faces of fretting and fuming Diana fanatics. Hope they will cool down atleast then..
And I would hope some of her detractors will cool down as well from the fretting and fuming. This isn't a soap opera, these people and unborn baby aren't existing for our entertainment.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Courtier

It should not matter, and does not matter.

Poor King George VI, the Queen's father, was born on 14th December, 1895.
And his great grandmother Queen Victoria, seemed to dislike him simply because he arrived on the same anniversary date her dear husband, Albert the Prince Consort died. 14 December 1861. Queen Victoria never seemed to like the child after that.

Windsor - King George VI

Hanover - Prince Albert
Old 07-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

It seems as if "the boys" have come to terms with their mother's untimely passing and their father's remarriage to Camilla. Just consider the fact that Camilla's granddaughter was a bridesmaid at the wedding. Some people on this board need to move on re: Diana.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Aristocracy

Is it me or people are against Diana? There was a big hoping that the baby want be born on her birthday. People hated that idea and with Camila bday it's like, it doesn't matter, let it be....

Do people have problem with everything that is connect with Diana? In any other family it would be nice to share bday or a name with tragically killed grandmother. The little Cambridge is first of all a baby of Will & Kate, a member of their families and then it's royal.

All over the world people are calling their kids after dead relatives. It's even more popular among royals, so baby Diana would be more than fine I guess...
Old 07-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

If this baby were an ordinary baby, born to obscurity, there would be no problem with it having co-incidental extra ties with its deceased Grandmother. However this baby will be born into the most famous family in the world, and already have to deal with huge expectations without being made even more of a pawn in this absurd mythical combat between a dead woman and the current wife of its Grandfather !

I pray that it is born on a date other than the 17th, and is'nt named after its Maternal Grandmother or Step-Grandmother !

Poor little mite will have pressures enough !
Old 07-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Courtier

The problem with anything connected to Diana is the media frenzy and comparisons. The poor child would be hounded to death. Let the baby be its own person. Diana has been gone 15 years. She should be left in peace. What happened in the past cannot be changed. There is no time machine. Diana did a lot of good and she had faults like all humans. Hashing it over will not change anything.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
It is exactly this type of remark that causes bad blood between the two factions.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Is William in London now too?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

This baby will be reminded of its late grandmother by William & Catherine, Charles, Harry, the Spencer's and even the media regardless but I don't think everyone will expect the child to live up to his or her grandmothers expectations, totally. I think everyone will or should allow the child to carve out its own path in life. Although, I have no doubt the child will draw some inspiration from its parents, grandparents and great grandparents. They've all done and will do some beautiful things for the next generation of royals to reflect upon.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dear God are we talking about Diana and Camilla again? I hope it's a boy and I hope it's born on August 1, shortly after midnight.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Courtier

I think the baby will be here sooner rather then later and people are just stirring with the whole Camilla thing. Chances are if the baby looks like William he or she will look like Diana. I would love a little girl a little boy would have less pressure that is for sure. I think everyone on both sides needs to move on.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Serene Highness

Oh Gracie, August 1, too late for this baby. He needs to arrive. But whenever he arrives I hope it is by his choice, not that of doctors who "induce" labor. I am against induction if it can possibly be avoided. Caesarian is another matter--not, in my opinion, as traumatic as induction. My daughter-in-law had two Caesarians which were so easy that it was like "nothing ever happened". I know of several, including me, who suffered from the effects of induction--I won't go into detail.
Gracie, it's best the baby arrive soon so that there will be no discussion about induction to achieve a certain date. If baby arrives on Camilla's birthday by its own choice, that is just fine and let nature take its course.

Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge