The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Aristocracy

the baby has definitely dropped into position. i say.... 7 july between 5-8pm :)

The royal baby is almost here! | Duchess of Cambridge News and Views

"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 07-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Gentry

I sure hope the baby comes soon. I'm getting pretty excited to find out whether they are having a boy or a girl and what it's name will be.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
I sure hope the baby comes soon. I'm getting pretty excited to find out whether they are having a boy or a girl and what it's name will be.
Me too! I hope the baby is born during the daytime and before before 11pm (U.S time) because I don't want to miss anything and wake up the next morning to find out that Catherine had her baby. I want to be one of the first
Old 07-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Me too! I hope the baby is born during the daytime and before before 11pm (U.S time) because I don't want to miss anything and wake up the next morning to find out that Catherine had her baby. I want to be one of the first
yes! and i meant 5-8pm north american time,
"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 07-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Courtier

Every day we get closer and closer and before you know it Baby Cambridge is here.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella1971 View Post
yes! and i meant 5-8pm north american time,
We have several time zones in North America, none of which are called North American time.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Question - I've not been on these forums when there has been an imminent royal birth.

What happens to this thread? And the naming/godparents thread?

I assume that the maternity thread goes back to daywear/evening wear - is that right?

I thought I'd ask here as we dont really have a lot to talk about :)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Question - I've not been on these forums when there has been an imminent royal birth.

What happens to this thread? And the naming/godparents thread?

I assume that the maternity thread goes back to daywear/evening wear - is that right?

I thought I'd ask here as we dont really have a lot to talk about :)
Just like on the other threads on other forums much like when Crown Princess Victoria (Sweden), Queen Maxima (Netherlands), Princess Mary (Denmark) and Princess Mette-Merit (Norway) were pregnant and gave birth this thread and other (names and godparents) will be closed when Catherine goes into labor and a new thread will be open with a title like For example: Cambridge Baby watch, Catherine in labor or Duchess Catherine admitted to Hospital or something like that. Them When she gives birth that thread will be closed and a new one will be opened after the baby is born. The Names and Godparents might stay open until after the names and Godparents of the baby is announced.

Not sure about the maternity thread.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Courtier

There is rumour that Kate has gone into labour.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Where did you hear this?
Old 07-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Where did you read that?
Old 07-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Courtier

I was searching on twitter and the tweets where about an hour ago. I don't it is true but there seems to to be a rumour going around the net.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

and there will be a new rumour every day until it actually happens
Old 07-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Courtier

Plantagenets - Elizabeth Woodville

If you move your mouse across any of the pictures and double click - this is what you get!
Old 07-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Nobility

Kate Middleton in Labor?: Top 10 Facts You Need to Know | HEAVY

I'm guessing it's a false alarm but here's a link w/ reference to some of the tweets, some of which have since been deleted.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Kate Middleton in Labor?: Top 10 Facts You Need to Know | HEAVY

I'm guessing it's a false alarm but here's a link w/ reference to some of the tweets, some of which have since been deleted.
Thank You for sharing that. Take any Rumors you see on Twitter in Stride. The first to announce anything will be Buckingham Palace then BBC News
Old 07-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Courtier

Sorry to take the Current Discussion off topic but I was Just wondering this, in the 19th and early 20th century when Queen Victoria, Alexandra of Denmark, Mary of Teck and The Queen Mother went into labor and gave Birth how did people's back find out then that they were about too give birth or had given Birth? Now we have Internet, TV and social media and when Catherine gives birth it will spread on the Internet and social media within seconds. When Diana gave birth there was no Internet but there was TV, When Queen Elizabeth gave birth there was the radio. So how did people's find out then that that they ;the four i mentioned above) were in labor and that had given birth? I imagine back then they would not have announced that they were in labor.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why couldn't she be 10 days late too?Practically everyone I knew had their first baby late, except me. Not a scientific survey, I know, but just as valid as all these posters thinking any minute now.
I'm betting three days late, the day after Camilla's b'day.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Courtier

They said nothing until the baby was born. The birth would be announced in the newspapers the following the day. For example the headline would be like this "The Queen/Princess/Duchess has safely delivered a Prince/Princess." I don't think in those days a pregnancy was even announced, it would just appear one day in the papers!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Sorry to take the Current Discussion off topic but I was Just wondering this, in the 19th and early 20th century when Queen Victoria, Alexandra of Denmark, Mary of Teck and The Queen Mother went into labor and gave Birth how did people's back find out then that they were about too give birth or had given Birth? Now we have Internet, TV and social media and when Catherine gives birth it will spread on the Internet and social media within seconds. When Diana gave birth there was no Internet but there was TV, When Queen Elizabeth gave birth there was the radio. So how did people's find out then that that they ;the four i mentioned above) were in labor and that had given birth? I imagine back then they would not have announced that they were in labor.
BBC Television actually existed prior to WWII, so when QEII gave birth in 1946, 1950, 1960 & 1964 the births would have been announced on TV, radio and in the newpapers. When QETQM gave birth in 1926 and 1930 it would have been announced on radio and in the newpapers. Prior to that Victoria and Alexandra would have had the births of their children announced in the newspapers. Of course in all cases there would also have been an announcement on the gates of BP. It is only in the age of 24hr news channels and the internet that we feel we should know when contractions start and how far apart they are etc.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge