The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 12:56 AM
Serene Highness

Gracie, I think you will have to fall over. I expect they will avoid the name Diana to avoid the press chatter. Or they might use Frances, Diana's middle name.
But let's see, here's a name with Diana in it: Alice Diana Margaret Irene. "Irene" means peace and calm! Just tossing out names, Gracie, so you won't need to fall over.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Slow news day???

I saw this blip yesterday on my Huffington news page but I kind of ignored it as it was by a Hollywood type e-rag. Out of curiosity, this morning I did a search and quite a few Hollywood type e-rags are reporting the same thing.

Perhaps I missed the straightforward news reportings but I seriously doubt it. What it boils down to is that Kate is supposedly wanting her mum Carole to be the royal nanny once the baby is born. Somehow I really have to seriously doubt this although I'm sure Carole will be on hand when the child first arrives to help out when needed as most mothers are. Just thought I'd give you all a big laugh of the day.

Kate Middleton Chooses Royal Nanny & We Approve | The Stir

Old 02-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That's hilarious! Slow news day indeed.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Courtier

What a lot of rubbish!!!

Obviously Carole as a grandmother will help her daughter with her baby but a nanny? Please!

She's already a job
Old 02-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Royal Highness

Irene IS a royal name - used by several descendants of Queen Victoria. I'm not a fan, but the meaning is very nice "peace, calm" They sure need it.

You can name that baby "Calm Blue Oceans" and the hysteria surrounding it will be anything but....

But it would be nice to see them branch out a bit with these royal names for something rarely used but royal.

Carole as nanny? Huffington Post sometimes posts the outrageous, knowing it's ridiculous, because the amount of clicks and comments are their bread and butter. So they will pick up on this stuff. When some rag makes a suggestion that the Duggar mother act as wet-nurse, I'm sure they'll post that too.....
Old 02-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Carole as nanny? Huffington Post sometimes posts the outrageous, knowing it's ridiculous, because the amount of clicks and comments are their bread and butter. So they will pick up on this stuff. When some rag makes a suggestion that the Duggar mother act as wet-nurse, I'm sure they'll post that too.....
and they will adopt Honeybooboo as a playmate!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
and they will adopt Honeybooboo as a playmate!!!
Ah, yes, the BooBoo family will no doubt take the little princess to Toddler and Tiara pageants all over middle Georgia.

That would be TLC's wildest fantasy!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

This story has been around for a few days and its source is the so-called friend from MArlborough days who now resides in Australia. Her name is Jessica Hay.

She is also the source of the "Kate had pix of William on her wall at school", a story which Catherine denied in her engagement interview.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Aristocracy

Her again? Either William and Kate are using her as some kind of smokescreen to get news out to the media without being overly blatant about it or this chick is doing some serious mind voodoo in order to get them to talk. You'd think as often as she runs to the press that Kate would have cut off all contact with her.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Serene Highness

I love "Irene" because it goes with Alice. Alice Irene sounds nice. With the child being called Alice by the family, just formally Alice Irene. I so love the meaning, because calm and peace will be needed by this family. But Alice Diana is good too, and getting the Diana in there so it sounds right is a task. If you have Alice Diana then you can add on whatever else is honoring the right people, such as Carole, or the Queen, or Anne. Anne was not honored by Wills' parents in the godparent roll and it is time for that. I think the godfolks should come from the Gloucesters, the Princess Royal, and of course the Middletons. If there is room for more, the Wessexes. They are people who are the great supports of the Queen. I suppose the Cambridges have their own great supports.
Don't know who they are.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Where do I post this I'm confused. ETA full photo here: Kate Middleton Debuts Baby Bump for First Time: Pictures - UsMagazine.com
Old 02-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Royal Highness

Can't make out if that's a baby bump or it's just her shawl hanging loose.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Royal Highness

OMG.... under all of those layers...... lies The Fetus........

Swoon!

Thud.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm getting uncomfortable with this. There is absolutely no privacy at all now - can't go anywhere. She'll end up doing what royals have always done - ask the shops to deliver on appro.

What are we creating?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Courtier

Her face looks fuller in second pic. I think she has gained some weight her legs look thicker to me.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I'm getting uncomfortable with this. There is absolutely no privacy at all now - can't go anywhere. She'll end up doing what royals have always done - ask the shops to deliver on appro.

What are we creating?
She is walking on public road so this is to be expected.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

What are we creating?
I'm feeling the same way, more and more. I love royal watching but I'm happy to confine that to official events when they're on duty. This reporting on her every move and trying to get pictures of her belly makes me very uncomfortable.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Royal Highness

Royals and celebs have always had far less privacy then us regular Joe's. With the advent of the internet, we regular Joe's have lost a lot of our privacy, and the royals a proportionately larger loss.

The only way to stop it is to change the privacy laws; and I don't know how you can make illegal reports on activity out in public. Any hugely popular royal is always photographed on the street. When CP Mary was pregnant the first time, I believe her every move was tracked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I'm feeling the same way, more and more. I love royal watching but I'm happy to confine that to official events when they're on duty. This reporting on her every move and trying to get pictures of her belly makes me very uncomfortable.
The only way to put a stop to it is to help by voting with your keystroke. Don't click on the article showing her out and about on her private rounds.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Royals and celebs have always had far less privacy then us regular Joe's. With the advent of the internet, we regular Joe's have lost a lot of our privacy, and the royals a proportionately larger loss.
The difference being that the regular Joe's have willingly given up their own privacy, and that of their friends, through Facebook, Twitter and now no longer understand the concept of privacy and certainly show less respect for the privacy of others. They have become what the paps were once condemned for.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
The difference being that the regular Joe's have willingly given up their own privacy, and that of their friends, through Facebook, Twitter and now no longer understand the concept of privacy and certainly show less respect for the privacy of others. They have become what the paps were once condemned for.
Actually, through my work at times I have to gather a lot of information on people. It's not simply facebook and twitter (although yes, many a person hangs themselves there). Court records of all sorts, and real estate records are now online. As are arrest records, and all kinds of newspapers.

This information was ALWAYS out there, but it took a bit of doing going down to the court house and filling out requests. Now I just gather it with a few keystrokes.

And then there are all of the public cameras out there.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge