Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

I think the media attention and the fan/royal watcher attention is just too much! I feel so sorry for them and their family -whether or not they expect it!

I have become disenchanted due to all of this attention... It's over the top and too much!!

I totally agree.

Not always the case. I know a few women that were induced for non-medical reasons when they went a few days passed their due date. Life happens and doesn't always correspond with when a baby is ready to come out.

I certainly hope that if the birth is induced, it is for medical reasons and the convenience of the mother and child, and nothing whatsoever to do with the father's work commitments.

Not always the case. I know a few women that were induced for non-medical reasons when they went a few days passed their due date. Life happens and doesn't always correspond with when a baby is ready to come out.

Induction for non-medical reasons is possible but not typically encouraged and considered on a case-by-case basis.

That said, we don't know what Catherine's due date is or, for that matter, what her health has been like during her pregnancy (and really, we don't need to know). We know that she's looked healthy and wasn't put on bed rest (or at least not prior to her last sighting), but beyond that? Not much.

A friend of mine had a pregnancy without any problems, but because she has high blood pressure her doctors were concerned and she was induced on her due date. She's pregnant with her second now, and they're already saying that she'll be induced again if the baby doesn't come prior to the due date. Without us knowing the details of Catherine's health and pregnancy, we can't really say when (or if) she'll be induced.

Really?

I think the media attention and the fan/royal watcher attention is just too much! I feel so sorry for them and their family -whether or not they expect it!

I have become disenchanted due to all of this attention... It's over the top and too much!!
I absolutely agree! The "interest" is way, way over the top. OK the child is important but really, I don't know why everyone is "counting the hours" if the Cambridge's are staying with her family and William is off playing polo I would think that it is not time to fuss.

When we see a positive movement, signs that they are on their way to the hospital, well then I guess you can get a little excited . . . but it could just be braxston hicks!

Me? I'll wait for the announcement.

I think there has always been this much interest in the birth of a Royal Heir but with the internet it seems way more then it was when William was born and it probably isn't. The baby will come when it's ready and I doubt William would want the baby induced just because of his work schedule. Kate is probably feeling huge but happy and if she is like most mothers at her stage pretty much ready to meet the baby.We could have another 2 weeks of this I wonder how many stories the press can run? LOL I have seen 2 Royal Baby specials on TV so far pretty much just speculating on everything from the birth to the clothes to the school. LOL

I am just hoping that the birth will take place latest by Thursday and not on or too close to 21 July this Sunday so that it wouldn't 'clash' with the Belgian King Abdication and Oath Ceremony. Or else I am hoping that the birth will occur on 22 July onwards. I am simply hoping.

I'm hoping for this week also - I leave on a cross-country trip on the 21st and will be without net access most of the time until Aug 4...

Baby Cambridge could come any day and time this week. Despite the wait, this is so exciting. William couldn't stop showing all his teeth at the polo match yesterday.

@royalhistorian: "The #royalbaby’s birth would be announced only between 8am & 10:30pm in London or between 3am & 5:30pm in New York" @nytimes http://t.co/G4DEm3irLQ

Last edited:
only adding to the warmth of the Cambrige appreciation towards the media camp...:lol:

yes, i feel sorry for them to be waiting so long! europe has been hit by some really hot weather last week - yes, even UK - so i hope they are keeping cool and hydrated :)

Diana claimed that she was induced with William to fit in with Charles' polo commitments.

Diana claimed that she was induced with William to fit in with Charles' polo commitments.

Yes, but not to suggest Diana would do anything to slander her (ex-)husband in the media, but at what point did she make that claim?

I think W & C have more sense than to do something for convenience. I think they care more about each other, and the health of their baby. They will listen to the recommendations of their drs. If there are signs of distress with the baby, or DoC's blood pressure spikes, things may be done. For now, I think they will leave that bun in the oven with the light on and their faces pressed up to the glass.

I think W & C have more sense than to do something for convenience. I think they care more about each other, and the health of their baby. They will listen to the recommendations of their drs. If there are signs of distress with the baby, or DoC's blood pressure spikes, things may be done. For now, I think they will leave that bun in the oven with the light on and their faces pressed up to the glass.
:lol: at that last sentence!

.......and agree with the rest of your post too! :)

Last edited:
I had a dream last night that Catherine had a girl and her name was Alexandra Gertrude Julia.

From memory I think Sarah had high blood pressure and that story about Diana being induced because of Charles's polo game has been around for ages don't know how true it was. Love the line about the oven and putting their noses up on the glass. Let's hope the timer goes soon. LOL William looks good he is really happy you can see it both boys seem pretty excited.

Alexandra maybe but the other names I highly doubt it. I've had dreams too but I can never see a calender and it's always a girl. LOL Could be this week if William is off work for few days it would be a great time to come. I know someone who worked right up till she was due she left work and went into labour that night she said the baby didn't want to waste maternity leave. LOL
According to Royal Central Daybreak ITV are reporting that their has been an increase in police presence at St Marys Hospital. Is this a sign?

Last edited:
I had also a dream earlier that Kate gave birth to a baby boy, probably dreams reflect our expectations.

RoyalKateDebate ‏@RoyalKateDebate 46m
Acc. to Daybreak, police presence outside St. Mary's has been stepped up. Is this week the week? #RoyalBaby

Originally Posted by Biri
I had a dream last night that Catherine had a girl and her name was Alexandra Gertrude Julia.
Alexandra maybe but the other names I highly doubt it.

Prince Philip's mother, born Princess Alice of Battenberg, had "Julia "as one of her names, so that name would not be improbable. Her full name was Victoria Alice Elizabeth Julia Marie. The name Julia was chosen in honor of her paternal grandmother, Princess Julia of Battenberg née Julie Therese Salomea Hauke, Countess Julia von Hauke.

Last edited:
I was thinking if they chose Alice which was Prince Philip's mothers name they aren't likely to chose Julia as well. There is Elizabeth, Diana and Carole all who would get a look in first. If it's a girl it could be the only one they have. If they have a few girls maybe. I don't think they will be having a big family maybe 2 could surprise us and have more it's always nice to have siblings. Although 2 kids seems to be the favoured number. We will know once the baby is here....I hope it's soon.

I had also a dream earlier that Kate gave birth to a baby boy, probably dreams reflect our expectations.
i hope it will be a girl. Little princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom