Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 07:54 PM
Courtier

Well it's now July in the UK.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Early on in the maternity, there was a report where Catherine told someone what she and William were calling the foetus. The Doc had told them it was about the size of a XXX and so they started calling it XXX. It was not "peanut" but it was cute. Does anyone recall?
It was a MARCH 14 DM article and said they were calling it "their little grape" OK so it was the DM, but I like little grape a great deal more than the bump.

And there is even a grandma name/grape tie in - Dionysis for Diana and for god of wine. And hell will freeze over before we see that name!

Old 06-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm betting for 3 more weeks and a boy
Old 06-30-2013, 10:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Fetus baby whatever, I am just tired of always hearing the word bump in relation to pregnant women especially when they are nearly about to give birth. It issuch an overused word that it makes me long for the days when women disappeared when they were pregnant. Heck I'd prefer pregnant belly to bump.
I think I wouldn't have such a bad reaction to the word baby bump if it were used differently . Celebrity xy is showing off her bump = Celebrity xy is shopping/taking the dog for a walk/dropping off older kids at school while pregnant . You know, normal tasks turning into showing off the bump.
There was a pregnant actress at James Gandolfinis funeral and even she was "showing off her bump"
Old 06-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Majesty

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 4h
#royal #kate Spaces cleared for pregnant Kate outside #Lindo wing - http://news.sky.com/story/1109911/kates-royal-baby-parking-ban-outside-hospital … - #skynews pic.twitter.com/pSkvHyBsWJ

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-01-2013, 12:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why does the fact a woman is pregnant even have to be mentioned? Expect perhaps a brief remark in passing the first time she is seen wearing maternity fashions or if she is about to take an extended break from her career for the birth of her child, or something else relevant, I see no reason to mention it.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
But what would the ladies on these forums have talked about for the last 7 months if not Catherines pregnancy, clothes, bump and all of their own horror stories about their pregnancies.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:55 AM
Courtier

http://news.sky.com/story/1109750/du...t-for-everyone

Royal Baby | Royal Central

Royal Baby Countdown: St Mary’s Hospital prepares for pregnant Kate’s arrival

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/prin...625-2ouwx.html

(This is in English, but I still don't understand a word of it)?
Old 07-01-2013, 04:34 AM
Courtier

Wow I loved the bit about Victoria and how she was the first baby in England with that name it caused a bit of a ruckas. I also never knew that Victoria wanted her and Alberts name as part of all her descendants that didn't really happen did it. It seems like the baby could be soon...
Old 07-01-2013, 04:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

What don't you get? It's a rehash of pretty much all the baby news and the Aussie article is a sumation of why Catherine isn't allowed to put a foot wrong apparently. Slow news day.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Serene Highness

I'm betting on 15th and a girl.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
Wow I loved the bit about Victoria and how she was the first baby in England with that name it caused a bit of a ruckas. I also never knew that Victoria wanted her and Alberts name as part of all her descendants that didn't really happen did it. It seems like the baby could be soon...

It did in the UK until as certain Elizabeth Alexandra Mary was born in 1926
Old 07-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Majesty

I do find it confusing when people say 'today' as with the time differences around the world it is nearly 10.40p.m. on the 1st here in Sydney while it is only 2.45 pm in London so more than another 10 hours in the UK of the 1st to go. Anyway I am ready for bed now and will awaken on the 2nd to see if there is any news, which, for the baby's sake I hope their isn't as the pressure of being born on Diana's birthday would be massive.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I do find it confusing when people say 'today' as with the time differences around the world it is nearly 10.40p.m. on the 1st here in Sydney while it is only 2.45 pm in London so more than another 10 hours in the UK of the 1st to go. Anyway I am ready for bed now and will awaken on the 2nd to see if there is any news, which, for the baby's sake I hope their isn't as the pressure of being born on Diana's birthday would be massive.
It's 1:55pm over here, we're in BST at the minute :)
Old 07-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

It did in the UK until as certain Elizabeth Alexandra Mary was born in 1926
Victoria's daughter Alice also didn't have Victoria as part of her name. She was Alice Maud Mary.

Some grandchildren also didn't have the name Victoria in their name such as Sophie and Margaret of Prussia (Princess Victoria's daughters), Princess Elisabeth (daughter of Princess Alice) and Princess Marie-Louise (daughter of Princess Helena). I'm not going to get into great-grandchildren as it would take too long! But Queen Elizabeth was certainly not the first female descendant to not have Victoria in her name.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
I'm betting on 15th and a girl.
That would be great as there are several royals who were born on the 15th: Zara (May), Anne (August), Harry (September) and Peter (November).
Old 07-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I'm betting for 3 more weeks and a boy
i heard on the news this morning that the odds makers are saying a little blonde girl named alexandra
"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 07-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Courtier

A Very Significant Royal Birth - TV Documentary
Old 07-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Nobility

Child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think I've ever seen a Wikipedia article about an unborn person!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post

A Very Significant Royal Birth - TV Documentary
very nice video. i am still up in the air on gender, but she kind of looks like she will have a girl. God bless, safe delivery and happy baby no matter which.

"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge