The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Baby Cambridge could also go to Garden House- if I remember correctly Viscount Linley's daughter and Lady Helen Taylor's daughters are both currently attending.

On another note, I think Baby Cambridge's due date will be either July 12/13/14. But you never know, it could arrive earlier or later! I don't think it will be born in August.

Regarding names, I still think George and Victoria are the most likely choices, but I think it would be nice if Arthur or Mary to make an appearance. I can also see Caroline, Diana, Elizabeth and Catherine being used as middle names for a princess. For a prince, I can see Charles, William, Philip and Henry being used as middle names.

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Courtier

I don't think they will use Diana as a first name. There is going to be enough pressure on this kid anyways you don't add bearing the name of its grandmother who had a troubled relationship with the family and dies in a horrific manor at a young age. It is bad enough Kate gets the constant Diana comparison. Baby C doesn't need it too.

The school question is easy- boys go to Eton girls to Marlborough. Both William and Kate loved there time at their respected schools.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Aristocracy

Regarding names, i hope Elizabeth or Mary for a daughter (maybe with Diana as one of the middle names) and Arthur (like the mythical king Artur!) or George for a boy.
I also like Victoria for a girl, but I think they will not choose it as a first name because Queen Victoria asked/hoped to be the one and only queen with this name.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyend View Post
I also like Victoria for a girl, but I think they will not choose it as a first name because Queen Victoria asked/hoped to be the one and only queen with this name.
That's interesting. I thought I remembered reading that Victoria wanted all the Kings and Queens after her to be Alberts and Victorias.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:23 AM
Gentry

I Still say a girl will be born and her name isCatherine(after her mom) Elizabeth(Her mom's middle name and of course the current Queen's name) Alexandra( The Queen's middle name) and finally Francis ( Diana and Micheal Middleton middle name). I think Francis os a way to homor Diana in a less explosive way and it honor Micheal.

PS just in case it is a boy Arthur Phillip Charles Albert. I had thought about includeding William in the name at one point but decided on two loyal husband and his granddad name. I just think Arthur will change up the George ,Henry, and Edward thing. I love tradition and all but if it os a boy it will be nice to have a Charles, a William, and then a Arthur...or a Catherine.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:25 AM
Courtier

MOS DIARY: Why Kate's baby may STILL face a trace of Royal sexism | Mail Online
Old 06-30-2013, 03:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2Eden View Post

That's interesting. I thought I remembered reading that Victoria wanted all the Kings and Queens after her to be Alberts and Victorias.
She certainly expected her children and grandchildren to bear either her name or her husband's name. Of her 9 children, 8 have either a Victor/Victoria or Albert/Alberta in their name (the exception being Alice). Of her 40 grandchildren, 32 have either "Albert," "Victoria," or "Alexander" (Victoria's first name was Alexandrina) or some variation (depending on language and gender) in their name. Of the BRF great-grandchildren, only one (Prince John) doesn't have one of those 3 names.

I don't know that she didn't want their to be a second Queen Victoria, but she did believe that every king that followed her should be an Albert Something (Albert Edward, Albert Victor), but that got spoiled very quickly.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:35 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think naming the baby Diana is going to upset the RF in anyway.
They are a bunch of mature individuals who would understand that William wants to honour his mother. And it's only fair.

If there was such a problem with Diana, I'm sure there would've been a lot of unpleasant moments after William have Kate his mothers ring.

I for one am hoping that the baby is called Diana ( though I'm quite certain it won't be used as a first name).

I do not wish for comparisons to a lady the baby didn't even meet. But it would be a brilliant way of keeping their mothers memory alive( though I'm sure they do miss her every single day).

I'm also certain that the baby won't be born on Diana's birthday, though I feel it is early July.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Clothes worn by Queen Victoria's children (including Edward VII) go on display at Museum of London | Mail Online
Old 06-30-2013, 06:52 AM
Courtier

Looks like my prediction is wrong about baby Cambridge being born in June.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

These memorabilia have a mistake:

Kate Middleton's royal baby: souvenirs for the royal birth fill shops - Photo 2 | Celebrity news in hellomagazine.com

They are mentioning the couple as HRH and not as TRH.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I don't think they will use Diana as a first name.
Maybe not for an eventual heiress, but for a second girl (or Harry's eventual daughter) - why not?
Old 06-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge give Royal consent to baby memorabilia

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge give Royal consent to baby memorabilia - Telegraph
Old 06-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
The baby dropping means nothing. I dropped at 32 weeks with my first and he was 12 days overdue. If only it meant I was due to give birth in a month!

Those pics from the Aussie mag look photoshop...and they didn't even do a good job with it.

I agree with the dropping not meaning anything at all. 3 kids and never had one 'drop'. I think she looks great being pregnant like most women. (I hope she keeps some of the weight on that she has gained.) i wish the tabloids wouldn't mess with the pictures. she looks great the way she is.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Aka a bump. This is hardly the forum to think we don't appreciate the foetus and Catherine's "stomach". Writing "Catherine's stomach" when it's not even in her stomach instead of "Catherine's bump" is a little awkward.
Early on in the maternity, there was a report where Catherine told someone what she and William were calling the foetus. The Doc had told them it was about the size of a XXX and so they started calling it XXX. It was not "peanut" but it was cute. Does anyone recall?
Old 06-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Good lord stop calling it a bump, it's her freakin stomach with a nearly full grown fetus in it.

What shall we call it then? "The Royal freakin stomach with a nearly full grown fetus in it?"

Old 06-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Courtier

Why does it need to be addressed at all? If it needs to be then can't one just say she is very pregnant, she is due soon etc?

Using the word fetus/foetus must be a European thing....we just call them babies here.

LaRae
Old 06-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Using the word fetus/foetus must be a European thing....we just call them babies here.

LaRae
It's not a European thing. They're called babies here as well. Especially this closed to birth.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Commoner

Unless there is a law against it, I think people should be free to refer to a pregnant belly, royal or not royal, any way they want as long as it isn't indecent. Perhaps some people need to relax.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

Early on in the maternity, there was a report where Catherine told someone what she and William were calling the foetus. The Doc had told them it was about the size of a XXX and so they started calling it XXX. It was not "peanut" but it was cute. Does anyone recall?
I believe it was "grape."

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge