Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a beautiful Peter Rabbit collection at the minute! Promoting my own place of work now. :lol:

Yes, apart from my absolute certainty that baby giraffes is the only motif suitable for the future monarch, traditional Beatrix Potter collections are a close second for a baby.

I can just see the baby's nursery now, Flopsy, Mopsy, Peter Cottontail and Gracie Giraffe. Perfect!

They have a beautiful Peter Rabbit collection at the minute! Promoting my own place of work now. :lol:

Awww, how cute would it be if Baby Cambridge had Peter Rabit wall stickers in it's nursery? I also agree with Gracie Giraffe, a giraffe motif would also be cute in the royal nursery; plus they're common nursery decorations if it's going to be animal themed.

If I were William and Kate, I'd make good use of 'their' website Homepage .

I'd have Kate get out her camera and have her (and William) take candids and post one or two photos on their website - every week or so. Furthermore, I'd make money off the pics (the way the paps do) and donate that money directly to their charities.

Beat the paps at their own game, as it were.

Not a bad idea. A way to make everyone happy (and hopefully get the press off of their backs for a while).

I do think it is a bad idea. Rainier & Grace used their children for publicity purposes and it just created a feeding frenzy for more and more pics and their children continue to pay the price. Give the papers auithorized pics just makes the unauthorized "candid" pics even more valuable to get.

I agree with LQ - there is no curiosity to speak of.

However, the media may think differently and push this; smart-alecs will set up twitter accounts as Baby Cambridge (if it hasn't been done already) to tell us about his/her life - and on it goes.....

An example is the news reports on Pippa Middleton - 95% of the comments are "we are not interested" and it still persists.

I disagree; I think there will be an almost unlimited amount of curiosity regarding the smallest details of the baby's life, in the same way there is with his/her parents and the rest of their family. People may say they're not interested in Pippa Middleton, (or whoever), but by their own actions they prove that's not true - all of the 'not interested' comments on websites like the DM, for example, come from people who help make the DM some money by going to the website and looking at the pictures. That's all the media cares about.

I think William and Catherine should follow the example of Frederik and Mary of Denmark in exposing their child(ren) to the press. Relatively frequent and well controlled photoshoots, as well as occasional candid shots on the royal website, (so that seeing the baby isn't like spotting a unicorn), with the expectation of the child being left alone at other times.

Now that Kate's about four months gone, I suppose she's feeling that baby moving around. ;)

Yes, first kick at four months.

I dont know hwat is worse, the fact it was written or the fact I tried to view it. Happily, in the long run, none of the pix could be seen. And I shouldn't have looked.

I've never had a child born and grow up. But when it happens it is surrounded by love and joy. And there is none of that in the reports that are being written. They are voyeuristic and somehow creepy, like invading a woman's privacy.

I'm very uncomfortable with how this is going in the media.

It really was a pretty innocuous "fluff" piece, certainly not detailing her pregnancy day by day, only talking about how what maternity fashions she wears will sell out, like all the other fashions she wears, because she buys off the rack.
The most interesting part of the piece was the mention of a show of sketches by Diana's maternity fashion designer Bellevile Sassoon in London this summer.They also have notes on them from Diana who was concerned about her maternity fashion.
Jackie Kennedy was also followed very closely during her very public pregnancies and her fashion choices created major trends.

Last edited:
I always thought that British Royals did not find out the gender of their baby; it's tradition. Perhaps they do know, but of course we will never find out. Edward mentioned when James was born after the media asked about any names he said he and Sophie did not find out "what we were getting", and it was then I remembered people saying it was Royal tradition to not find out.

I am a midwife and I LOVE when couples do not know the gender as it makes the birth just that bit more exciting, particularly when you can let the Dad tell the Mum the gender. We will of course never know with William and Catherine, but I really hope they don't know as it's one of the only real surprises in life.

i didnt know it was a royal tradition! i especially love it! if i get pregnant for the first time, i will not want to find out. it makes everything more exciting.
however, if its a second child, i would rather want to find out.

I think William and Catherine should follow the example of Frederik and Mary of Denmark in exposing their child(ren) to the press. Relatively frequent and well controlled photoshoots, as well as occasional candid shots on the royal website, (so that seeing the baby isn't like spotting a unicorn), with the expectation of the child being left alone at other times.
This appears to be Victoria and Daniel of Sweden's plan as well. It seems to work great for them and baby Estelle.

I always thought that British Royals did not find out the gender of their baby; it's tradition. Perhaps they do know, but of course we will never find out. Edward mentioned when James was born after the media asked about any names he said he and Sophie did not find out "what we were getting", and it was then I remembered people saying it was Royal tradition to not find out.

I am a midwife and I LOVE when couples do not know the gender as it makes the birth just that bit more exciting, particularly when you can let the Dad tell the Mum the gender. We will of course never know with William and Catherine, but I really hope they don't know as it's one of the only real surprises in life.

I don't think the dad needs to tell the mom the gender of their child. I'm pretty sure when she looks down at the baby, she'll see if there's a stem on the apple or not.....and that'll basically answer any question she might have. Besides, the other way sounds like it's information the mother is not supposed to know until her husband tells her. Which sounds kind of patriarchal and sexist.

How about turning our gaze on... the baby's room and how it will be decorated? We are musing so let's muse.

Since we don't know the gender of the baby, I'll start with some gender neutral ideas.

Mom and Dad got engaged in Africa in the treetops. What a great baby room theme. Something like this would work great for any baby - bright colors GIRAFFE (ahem) and all: Image Detail for - Nursery Wall Decals- Africa tree and giraffe- 104 inch W- Baby Room ...

What do you think would be good for the baby? Do you prefer traditional, modern, fun, what?

How about turning our gaze on... the baby's room and how it will be decorated? We are musing so let's muse.

Since we don't know the gender of the baby, I'll start with some gender neutral ideas.

Mom and Dad got engaged in Africa in the treetops. What a great baby room theme. Something like this would work great for any baby - bright colors GIRAFFE (ahem) and all: Image Detail for - Nursery Wall Decals- Africa tree and giraffe- 104 inch W- Baby Room ...

What do you think would be good for the baby? Do you prefer traditional, modern, fun, what?

Somehow I think the Safari themed room goes a bit too far, although the other ones are really cute.

I'm personally a fan of Classic Winnie the Pooh for nurseries.

Somehow I think the Safari themed room goes a bit too far, although the other ones are really cute.

I agree. I have tattered copies from a yard sale in black and white that I drag out and read every year. Milne was a lovely writer that explored the kinds of people we would live with in our lives. No one was perfect. We learned how to deal with others with dignity and values. Plus the gang is just so darn cute!

There's also this classic British/Englishness about it. And the sheer cuteness of it all...

I loved Winnie the Pooh stories when I was little. My absolute favorite reading material for young children (and it never really gets old, so it's always pleasant to take a trip down memory lane and read it all over when one has grown up). I think a nursery dedicated to the beloved characters of A. A. Milne is a superb idea. The characters are too cute to pass up.

I don't think the dad needs to tell the mom the gender of their child. I'm pretty sure when she looks down at the baby, she'll see if there's a stem on the apple or not.....and that'll basically answer any question she might have. Besides, the other way sounds like it's information the mother is not supposed to know until her husband tells her. Which sounds kind of patriarchal and sexist.

You'll find that a lot of women want their partner to be the one to tell them the gender, as well as cut the cord. The men often feel very left our during pregnancy and birth and women want them to be involved; these are some of the ways in which they do. Trust me, as a midwife I see it quite a lot. It's a wonderful family moment as I put the baby on mum's chest, the dad then looks to see and tell his wife/partner what their baby is. It's beautiful.

The mom is so busy with the task at hand, she is not looking down. It's the dad, who's just a bystander, who sees the baby emerge and describes it, all of it, as she is catching her breath and trying to regroup her thoughts. It's not at all sexist - the gender is the last thing on her mind at the exact moment of birth.

Getting back to the baby at hand, I still think they should name a girl

Dale Lee May Elle.

Getting back to the baby at hand, I still think they should name a girl

Dale Lee May Elle.

Call me dense but I just now got this. :ROFLMAO: Not gonna happen!

Can someone please explain why the whole world and his wife is saying the baby is a GIRL?

What is the scientific evidence? Perhaps someone can enlighten me? Everyone is saying GIRL GIRL GIRL? is there a medical reason for this?

What is it about the pregnancy that rules OUT a BOY??

I am sure the answer's will be very interesting, having never had children myself and am really curious, especially as people that have said this to me in the past about other celebrities have been proved SPOT ON, and the baby has indeed turned out to be a girl. How are people able to predict this so accurately and very cleverly too. What is the secret to this?

I think people are just guessing, or stating their preference, boy or girl. I don't believe anyone has stated absolutely that the baby is a girl, unless I missed something.

Can someone please explain why the whole world and his wife is saying the baby is a GIRL?

What is the scientific evidence? Perhaps someone can enlighten me? Everyone is saying GIRL GIRL GIRL? is there a medical reason for this?

What is it about the pregnancy that rules OUT a BOY??

I am sure the answer's will be very interesting, having never had children myself and am really curious, especially as people that have said this to me in the past about other celebrities have been proved SPOT ON, and the baby has indeed turned out to be a girl. How are people able to predict this so accurately and very cleverly too. What is the secret to this?

I read tarot cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom