Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the baby is born in the middle of the night say like 3 or 4 will BP and CH make a announcement on website and twitter or will they wait until sunlight breaks around 7-8?

The Queen is going to be the first person told - before any official announcements. So it all kind of depends on if they're waking her up or not.

It's all about waiting for the official twitter accounts to go crazy.

Poolbabe said:
I'm going away tomorrow morning and I have a wedding on sat, I really hope she doesn't have it over the weekend!!! Cos I won't be near a tv!!!! I know I can't stop it! But I just hope it doesn't!!!
Will you have access to a radio - perhaps in your car? They have news on some of those radio stations. :flowers:

When it was announced that Diana was in labour (and remember this was well before the internet was invented) - I'd say it took no more 10 minutes for almost everyone to find out she was in labour. It was about the same time for finding out that she had had a boy.

With the internet now, it will take less than 10 minutes, of course.

Now I don't know, go to bed or wait in case Cathrine is really in labour... ;)

Kind of feel bad for you guys in Europe where it is night time/ past midnight. Where I live it is 5pm.

Last edited:
I just wanted to go to bed but now I am really curious. lol

Is there any other way we might know if the duchess is really at the hospital tonight?

Not unless a official account make a announcement/statement or a trusted Royal reporter/correspondent and other reliable sources (BBC, sky news) make a tweet, Facebook message.

Kind of feel bad for you guys in Europe where it is night time/ past midnight. Where I live it is 5pm.

Thanks. but you never now for which time zone a actual birth will be convenient ;):flowers:

I'd hate to wake up one morning to find out it;s all over. I want to be here, discussing with you everything since Kate goes into hospital till the birth is announced!

That's what we all have to look out for, the official twitter accounts to start up.

Monday's checkup may be significant. Many times checkups near the due date will stimulate labor due to manipation of the cervix during the exam.

Monday's checkup may be significant. Many times checkups near the due date will stimulate labor due to manipation of the cervix during the exam.

I meant manipulation of course.

Every night I dream that I check this board to find Kate has gone into labour. When will it happen for real???

I was just thinking to last Year when Crown Princess Victoria gave birth, It was announced around 8pm Eastern time (2am in Sweden) that Victoria was in the hospital and was in Labor. She gave birth about Two hours later at 4:26am, It was not until 7am sweden time that a announcement was made. I don't thinking we ever knew how many hours there were between Victoria being admitted to the hospital and giving birth.

So even if Catherine is in the hospital it could be a couple hours before we know.

Last edited:
How reliable I'd Examiner ?

It's a freelance media site where anybody can write essentially anything. There is no central editing, and authors are paid by how much their stuff is viewed:

http://www.sfweekly.com/2007-12-05/news/blogos-free/

"They're blogs. They don't get edited," explained Examiner executive editor Jim Pimentel. "We don't give any direction to people on what to write in their blogs. And that's standard operating procedure."

A helicopter has gone missing? :eek:

That's it; I will not take any chances. I am off to boil water and tear up clean sheets. All of them if I have to.

^^ That's funny! I would do the same. Hopefully it is for real this time. They are probably having a bunch of fun just teasing us though.

That's it; I will not take any chances. I am off to boil water and tear up clean sheets. All of them if I have to.

Exactly. I'm breaking out the Champagne. Tired of waiting. Cheers!

Goin to bed,tomorrow is another day,if this is true and she's in labour we will have our baby prince.
God save the queen!

If it were true one would think the BBC or another reliable news source would be reporting by now

I am sure you are not the only one! lol. I have decoded that if it official/confirmed that Catherine is in the hospital or that the baby is born by midnight mountain time (7am London time) I am staying up all night!

I hope they do not do induction, as it is painful. Labor is painful for everyone, but I am told by those who had induction, like me, that it is on average much worse than normal labor. So if there are anesthetics available I hope they give them to her. She will have the best doctors, so giving a caudal anesthesia might not be too bad. I would prefer a caesarian, from talking to women who have had them, if they think the baby is resisting appearing.

I was told that athletic women are more likely to have slow or late labor, because their muscles are "tight"(Catherine has been athletic and active). However, I was unconscious nearly the whole time of induction because of my reaction to the induction drug, which was in a way a blessing, and did not seem to harm the child. I was unconscious totally for ten hours (I had no "forgetfulness drug"). Prayers for Kate, wisdom for doctors.

didn't the palace announce that if the birth happened in the middle of the night - it would be posted at 9am the next morning.

Thats good because "I don't know nothin bout bithin no babies Miss Scarlett" so its all up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom