The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

not in my book.

total confidentiality is, as far as I am concerned, non negotiable.

If you do not agree with that, then say so and then lets consider this discussion closed.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Poor Kate, now she is being scorned for wanting a natural delivery instead of one with drugs.

Is Kate being bullied about her birth? - Your Life News - Best Daily
Poor Kate? For cripes sake, the press and we on the forums castigate her for wearing the same shoes too often.

I'm thinking that she may be impatient - but that she is just fine, emotionally. She came form solid wood and he husband supports her.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Courtier

If there is one thing I stand firm on is the right of any woman to decide what she wants and doesn't want regarding the birth of her child. She has excellent medical support and she should be allowed to be in control of what she thinks is best for her and her baby.

I don't care about the details (her business) just let us know about the sex and health of mum and baby as is the norm.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
If there is one thing I stand firm on is the right of any woman to decide what she wants and doesn't want regarding the birth of her child. She has excellent medical support and she should be allowed to be in control of what she thinks is best for her and her baby.

I don't care about the details (her business) just let us know about the sex and health of mum and baby as is the norm.
agreed - through the proper channels.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

While it's true only 5% of babies come on their due date, the majority come 3 days either side of it. That may help with the wagers.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
While it's true only 5% of babies come on their due date, the majority come 3 days either side of it. That may help with the wagers.
My cousin and his wife's first child was due on November 12th 2004, but he came on the 10th. His younger sister, on the other hand, was 10 days late. She was supposed to be born on October 10th 2008 (Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada) but wasn't born until the 20th, weighing a whopping 9 pounds 6 ounces. There's a funny story about that, actually. My cousin's wife was told to come to the hospital for an induction, but she went into labour naturally. The baby was thinking "I'd better get out of here or they're going to make me!" She'll be 5 this October, almost 2 weeks before Halloween.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
I was not alive when William was born so I was wondering did Diana get Criticism and advice from peoples while she was Pregnant like they have done with Catherine?
If you wanted to do so then you would have had to write a letter to a print publication and hope it would be published. The opportunity to "share" your thoughts with a worldwide audience gives her more advice than Diana would ever have received.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Baby Cambridge will show up when he/she feels like it. :)
Old 06-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
If you wanted to do so then you would have had to write a letter to a print publication and hope it would be published. The opportunity to "share" your thoughts with a worldwide audience gives her more advice than Diana would ever have received.
Diana got plenty of criticism on some of her uglier maternity wear but mostly got very positive reactions to much of her glamourous evening maternity wear. She was POW, not "just" a Duchess.
She did mention wanting to give birth in a hospital, with natural childbirth, and breastfeed her baby. What we all were thinking/doing in 1981 in first world countries.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Courtier

Since this thread has been kind of quiet today I wanted to add that I was looking at a due date Calculator and If Catherine Baby due date is July 13th (Which I know wasn't really confirmed) then that mean She is now 37 Weeks and that the baby is now Full Term.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Nobility

She certainly looks it...
Old 06-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Courtier

Next week is 1st July so I'm pretty sure that Kate is around 37 weeks.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Diana got plenty of criticism on some of her uglier maternity wear but mostly got very positive reactions to much of her glamourous evening maternity wear. She was POW, not "just" a Duchess.
She did mention wanting to give birth in a hospital, with natural childbirth, and breastfeed her baby. What we all were thinking/doing in 1981 in first world countries.
Yes. I remember Diana's pregnancies. She was generally regarded in glowing terms, but sometimes her wardrobe choices took a hit. The first royal I remember being criticized (beyond fashion), was Sarah, Duchess of York. Catherine, however, seems to avoid missteps, and the ensuing public criticism. I am impressed with how well she's navigated things.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Serene Highness

Back when Diana was pregnant you didn't have the instant access to information that you do now. You could read a story in your local paper and that was about it. Now you can read stories from around the globe and comment on them on message boards, twitter, etc.

Those 80s tent dresses were awful looking back.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Courtier

Is there a thread for betting on sex and date of birth for baby Cambridge? If not, I'm going early -- July 4 -- it's a Girl!
Old 06-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Gentry

I can't wait to see if Kate gives birth to a girl or boy, also people keep making "futuristic" images of what the baby will look like, i have seen a couple of them already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	article-2242694-1655395C000005DC-664_306x422.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	289416   Click image for larger version

Name:	article-2242694-16553684000005DC-371_306x422.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	289417  
Old 06-25-2013, 08:11 AM
Royal Highness

Just checking in... has Baby arrived yet?
Old 06-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Majesty

No not yet.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Courtier

Medically speaking?? Ask the experts!

the baby comes when it wants to -- granted.

So where does -- 'baby was induced' -- fit in? When is this done?? Is it if the baby is 2 weeks late? If so, why interfere if baby is healthy but late??
Old 06-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess Marie View Post
I can't wait to see if Kate gives birth to a girl or boy, also people keep making "futuristic" images of what the baby will look like, i have seen a couple of them already.
would be interesting to see what future images were done when William was born - and how close they came

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge