The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post

I just meant that I know in my family, that's news that people like delivered right away. My grandmother's older than the queen, but she wanted a call the second my cousin went into labor and would have been very upset not to be told right away.

I know that varies from person to person, but I would think that would be news the Queen would be happy to be woken up for. Just my own perspective though.
And The Queen has to be the first to know as well.

Also The Queen was born at 2:40 in the morning by Caesarean section

Old 06-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

It could be that as all of the announcements are made in succession - the Queen is told then the easel goes out with the announcement and the gun salute is made and what have you - and as the bulk of it is stuff that can more readily be enjoyed by the public in daytime hours, they might take that into consideration.

Consider, say Baby Cambridge is born at 3AM - how many people are going to be congregated outside BP to see the easel announcing the birth? And do the people of London really want a 3AM gun salute? Or church bells ringing?

Let HM sleep through it. She is usually woken at 8AM, although I can see her being woken a bit earlier day of, and go through the pageantry of it all as people start to go out on the streets a bit more. Sure it sucks for those of us living outside of Britain and in different time zones, but as we'll have waited 9 months for the birth, we can wait a bit longer so HM's sleep isn't disturbed.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I dont think there will be anything secret about this birth. The press will be camped outside St Marys and will let eveyone know before anything is hung on the palace gates and cannons fired.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I dont think there will be anything secret about this birth. The press will be camped outside St Marys and will let eveyone know before anything is hung on the palace gates and cannons fired.
That's assuming that someone is going to be telling the press at St Mary's before the official announcement via the palace gates is made.

The press may make an unofficial announcement that Catherine has gone into labour through their stake out, but I doubt anyone's going to be going out there to tell them that the birth has happened before the Queen is told, the easel is hung, and cannons fired. And given how long labour can last having the scoop that she's gone into labour is not the same as the announcement of a birth.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:33 AM
Courtier

I agree. No way they will be able to keep a lid on what is happening. I think the sex of the child may be the only thing we may be surprised with.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

That's assuming that someone is going to be telling the press at St Mary's before the official announcement via the palace gates is made.

The press may make an unofficial announcement that Catherine has gone into labour through their stake out, but I doubt anyone's going to be going out there to tell them that the birth has happened before the Queen is told, the easel is hung, and cannons fired. And given how long labour can last having the scoop that she's gone into labour is not the same as the announcement of a birth.
I agree...I think William and Catherine have been instrumental in orchestrating this bit of theater and we will know when she goes into labor, but I do hope they are able to announce it as they plan.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:58 AM
Courtier

Though I am fully convinved that it is going to be a girl..still a faint hope simmers in me that my enormous desire that it should be a boy comes true..PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..Godddddd
Old 06-22-2013, 03:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Though I am fully convinved that it is going to be a girl..still a faint hope simmers in me that my enormous desire that it should be a boy comes true..PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..Godddddd
Why the favor for a boy?
Old 06-22-2013, 04:25 AM
Courtier

I don't see KP or SJP announcing that Kate went into labor.

I see her going to the hospital through a secret entrance several days prior to delivery at the 1st sign of contractions.

I see her being driven by her mom in an unknown vehicle or being driven by a unrecognizable person in an unknown vehicle to a different hospital other than St Mary's.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladislaja View Post
What it actually says is that sources are reporting that it isn't expected that the Queen will be woken up. That means that day of, who knows what will actually happen regarding waking HM up. For all we know, Catherine could go into labour in the evening and HM and the DoE could spend the night sitting up beside the phone waiting for the news.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:58 AM
Courtier

They already stated that we would be informed when Kate goes into labour. It's just we won't know the birth until The Queen is informed.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:07 AM
Courtier

I must have missed the announcement that SJP will announce when Kate does into labor.

It conflicts with William's views on privacy. Is this on the POW's website?
Old 06-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is a gun salute made for EVERY Royal birth...? Or just important births? For example, when Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise and James were gun salutes made?
Old 06-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Nobility

Still sticking with her having a son
Old 06-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

i think that a few need to reread the statement from the palace. The birth will be KNOWN by the world because a messaenger will leave the hospital for BP. This is after HMQ,Senior Royals and the Middletons are told.

The world will not discover the time of birth, gender or weight until the notice goes up outside BP.

same process as before.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladislaja View Post
Pardon me, but changing my handle to quote me in order to make fun of my personal beliefs is both rude and against the rules for etiquette on this forum.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Courtier

Lets say Kate goes into labour at 10pm. I am sure the Queen would be requested to woken up when she gives birth.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Courtier

A first labor can take many hours. If she went into labor at 10 pm, it would probably be morning before delivery.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Courtier

^You change her username when you quote her
Old 06-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Courtier

Must be close when Kate doesn't wanna risk going to a friends wedding.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge