Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if all these dates being given out by the press are way-off.

People have dismissed Carole Middleton's remark; but I am beginning to wonder now if it is indeed correct ---- (End of July).

I do feel sorry for the press photographers who have been there since 1 July. Even if they are getting paid for it.

Carole Middleton has supposedly said the baby will be a LEO.

Which means "last week of July".

If true, there will be nothing happening this week or next!

Not until week commencing Monday, 22 July??

Oh crikey - I'm already losing my mind checking the on-line news all the time to see if there is any news, so goodness knows what it's like for the press! The local cafe must be doing a roaring trade!!

I wonder if all these dates being given out by the press are way-off.

People have dismissed Carole Middleton's remark; but I am beginning to wonder now if it is indeed correct ---- (End of July).
Because there is no evidence she even said it.

Just as every day before, people have started to tweet a couple of hours ago that the baby is on it's way. I don't want to get my hopes up, so I'm waiting for official info (which btw would not come in at least another four hours since they said there would be no news between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m.)...

So if Kate goes into labour or gives birth in the middle of the night it will be announced after 7 a.m. British time, yes?

C'mon out of your nesting place
We are awaiting your arrival
Your Royal Highness

That is weird especially since it says june 27 2013....maybe that's like a draft for when she does so when she is in labor they can update the moment its announced...its weird that it would be out though..lol like maybe someone pressed a wrong button...because drafts of things like emails can be saved and then sent when ready..

Every time clarencehouse tweets i jump a little....its like stop..you know she's due soon...and people are keeping an eye on that twitter...

crm you beat me by a minute...we are on the same wave length though...I agree with you.

Look at the date of the People article: June 27

I didn't notice that until now, I have a four or five different google news alerts set up around Catherine and the royal baby in different different variations. It just came into my email just a while ago as a news alert about 25 minutes ago.

Newsgroups always have pre-written stories ready. Like obituaries of famous people, ready and waiting until they die. It's kind of silly, as most reporters can type very fast, or receive information and type it fast. I did that when I worked in a United Press office long ago. I would take a story over the phone and type one sentence at a time and hand it to the teletype operator. I presume things are done in different electronic ways today.
Back when I worked at UPI the goal was to get the store "on the wire" seconds ahead of the competition. I wonder if there IS any competition now...isn't it all monolithic? We live in a "packaged" and programed world. Come to think of it, having a baby is programed. Baby comes when hormones fall into place.

Might be fitting to name the baby Mary, if a girl. Mary Adelaide was the last born Princess of Cambridge, and the mother of Queen Mary.

I think that's a nice idea. If Baby Cambridge is a boy, they could also name him Adolphus (after the first Duke of Cambridge). Another name for a girl could be Augusta after Princess Augusta of Cambridge, who later became Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz. I don't think Adolphus and Augusta will be chosen, but it's just a thought.

Last edited:
If Baby Cambridge is a boy, they could also name him Adolphus.

I don't think we'll see another Prince Adolphus. You know, Adolphus... Adolf... Adolf Hitler.

The name doesn't have a nice history, since the end of WWII.

I don't think we'll see another Prince Adolphus. You know, Adolphus... Adolf... Adolf Hitler.

The name doesn't have a nice history, since the end of WWII.

I doubt they'll choose the name either. I think George or Arthur will be the most likely choices for a boy and Victoria or Elizabeth will be the most likely choices for a girl.

I doubt they'll choose the name either. I think George or Arthur will be the most likely choices for a boy and Victoria or Elizabeth for a girl.

I like the name Elizabeth and that is my top choices and Victoria is a very close Second. I think it will be one of those two if it a Girl.

I think it is time for another Queen Victoria, It's been long enough. However It was 349 Years before there was another Queen Elizabeth.

I think it is time for another Queen Victoria, It's been long enough. However It was 349 Years before there was another Queen Elizabeth.

I don't know, Queen Victoria was so "grand", so unique... I can't imagine a Queen Victoria II.

But I can pretty well imagine a Queen Elizabeth III. Share the name with Gloriana and Elizabeth the Great will be a honor for Baby Cambridge, if it's a girl.

Last edited:
I don't know, Queen Victoria was so "grand", so unique... I can't imagine a Queen Victoria II.

But I can pretty well imagine a Queen Elizabeth III. Share the name with Gloriana and Elizabeth the Great will be an honor for Baby Cambridge, if it's a girl.

True, Good point. Actually Victoria could pretty much be called: Queen Victoria The Great. Kind of like Alfred. Not comparing the two but in a sense Victoria was Great and probably only one of the very few british monarchs who could be called that.

A Elizabeth III will still have a lot to live up too when comparing with I and II but probably not as much as a Victoria II

I like the name Elizabeth and that is my top choices and Victoria is a very close Second. I think it will be one of those two if it a Girl.

I like Elizabeth as well and I agree with you, there should be another Queen Victoria. I really like the name. Sophia is also a nice name, we haven't had a Queen Sophia in the United Kingdom yet.

But I can pretty well imagine a Queen Elizabeth III. Share the name with Gloriana and Elizabeth the Great will be an honor for Baby Cambridge, if it's a girl.

You can't imagine it, but Victoria herself fantasized about it, insisting all female descendants be called Victoria.

Well, Victoria is a beautiful name. The last Crown Princess here in Hawaii was named Victoria. Plus Queen Victoria had been named the godmother of our little Prince who passed away when he was just a child. So Victoria was and still is a popular name here. I would not mind another Crown Princess Victoria.

Could it be possible Kate is at the hospital ?

What's with these rumors? Nothing better to do then stir up the pot

Could it be possible Kate is at the hospital ?

What's with these rumors? Nothing better to do then stir up the pot

If it's not from a news source, assume it's a false rumour.

Well, I've finally had to limit myself as I'm starting to check too many online sources too often! LOL. So many rumors & false leads out there. I figure I'll stick to checking this forum when I get up, at midday, and before I retire for the night. I know it'll be posted here within seconds of it being made public that Catherine has entered the hospital!

Maybe now I'll get some housework (ugh) done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom