The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

they have chosen not to know - it is their choice after all.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
they have chosen not to know - it is their choice after all.
I understand that completely, It is their choice after all. I don't think I would find out either especially if it was my first. But I an asking wouldn't they still be able to tell in the later part of pregnancy if it a boy or girl?

Old 06-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
I understand that completely, It is their choice after all. I don't think I would find out either especially if it was my first. But I an asking wouldn't they still be able to tell in the later part of pregnancy if it a boy or girl?
Not necessarily, all depends on the angle of the baby and if they looked at the monitor. You don't have to get pictures and the midwife can tell you the baby is healthy and okay.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am glad they don't know the sex of the baby, as it is an exciting time in any couple's life and the fact of now knowing the gender is wonderful. There's nothing more exciting than when a baby is a born and asking the parents, "what have you got?" and showing them. It's lovely and I feel priviledged that I am able to be the first person to share that with people.

Quite a lot of Royals were born at St Mary's, though Sarah chose to birth at The Portland. Does anyone know why? I think Sophie was due to give birth at St Mary's as well.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Is any if William family going to be at the hospital? I take a lot of what DM says with a grain of salt especially after some of it false stories/unreliable sources last year (not about the royals by about a totally different thing)
I agree about the DM - but I really do expect that several Middletons will be present - as that has become more normal over the years, as long as there is no medical reason to not do so. Plus I am sure that family will want to assure themselves that the baby is indeed a Middleton and does not get switched at birth, just as happened in history. We are talking about the heir to Party Pieces, here! (and yes, folks - that is a joke, however lame).

It is a good question about a proxy for William. I wonder how the Lamaze classes have been going?
Old 06-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I agree about the DM - but I really do expect that several Middletons will be present - as that has become more normal over the years, as long as there is no medical reason to do so. Plus I am sure that family will want to assure themselves that the baby is indeed a Middleton and does not get switched at birth, just as happened in history. We are talking about the heir to Party Pieces, here! (and yes, folks - that is a joke, however lame).

It is a good question about a proxy for William. I wonder how the Lamaze classes have been going?
I think having an entire family present is more of an american thing - and certainly not royal. However, I would expect her mum to go with her if she does into labour while in Berkshire.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Gentry

I think William and Catherine want the baby's gender to be a surprise for them. I think also it is a good way to not unintentionally slip up with the public. If they themselves don't know, they can't give the secret away!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Majesty

I just hope their privacy will be respected once they're at the hospital. I hope everyone will act like they have some sense and not make any calls to the hospital. I felt bad for the royal couple when their joyous pregnancy news was followed by those horrible and senseless events last year.

I'm sure now that the media knows where the baby will be born, I think the worlds media is gearing up to surround the hospital and Buckingham Palace.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I just hope their privacy will be respected once they're at the hospital. I hope everyone will act like they have some sense and not make any calls to the hospital. I felt bad for the royal couple when their joyous pregnancy news was followed by those horrible and senseless events last year.

I'm sure now that the media knows where the baby will be born, I think the worlds media is gearing up to surround the hospital and Buckingham Palace.
Me too and I hope their privacy is respected. I think people's have learned from the Unfortunate incident that took place last year, I am sure The Media is gearing up for the Birth! Some are probably preparing to Send correspondents/reporters to London from all over the world to camp outside the hospital and Buckingham Palace everyday starting next week until a week after the baby is born whether it the last week of June or the middle of July. It is going to be crazy!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Gentry

I know, I feel sorry for them. The public is excited (I know I sure am) but they have a right to some privacy. I was remarking to my mom today that the only thing they haven't done is put up a marestare cam!!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Majesty

Yes, their privacy deserves to be respected no matter what. In the hospital and even back at home.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3h
#royal This is where #William, #Kate & their new baby will soon stand as a family for the first time pic.twitter.com/hmeTKMK50h

The hospital will become famous all over again. I imagine the staff might be excited.

The royal birth to be greeted by gun salutes and announced on an easel:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...ed-on-an-easel

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

Good points Dman. I'm also hoping that other patients and their families will not be disturbed by the press.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
I think William and Catherine want the baby's gender to be a surprise for them. I think also it is a good way to not unintentionally slip up with the public. If they themselves don't know, they can't give the secret away!
There's at least one technician out there who knows....
Old 06-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
You are right, but I bet they know to keep their mouths shut!! The royal family would not be too pleased if that was leaked before the birth.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Majesty

I'm sure William & Catherine have their own feelings about the baby's gender.

Prince William WILL attend royal baby birth but mother Carole and Pippa will visit after:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...ll-visit-after

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Not necessarily. Both of my daughters were very uncooperative with disclosing that information. My elder daughter had her legs crossed in front of her and my younger one refused to give us anything but the rear view. In both cases, the technician specifically said she could not determine the gender at all, not even a guess. In subsequent ultrasounds, the girls were more cooperative. So depending on how many ultrasounds Kate has had, it may still be a secret to everyone.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Alan Farthing - whose late fiancé Jill Dando was famously murdered -
Every time this poor man is mentioned, it's always as the guy whose fiancée was murdered. Can he not be known for his own accomplishments as a doctor rather than someone who endured a terrible tragedy?
Old 06-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Majesty

Video:
Royal historian on plans for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's baby:
BBC News - Royal historian on plans for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's baby

I do think Royal Historian Hugo Vickers should've made it clear that it's both William & Catherine who are in charge of these plans and not just William.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COESpiral View Post
Every time this poor man is mentioned, it's always as the guy whose fiancée was murdered. Can he not be known for his own accomplishments as a doctor rather than someone who endured a terrible tragedy?
I agree with you. Jill Dando died in 1999 and since then Alan Farthing has progressed in his career and married. Not pleasant for his wife either.

He is usually described as the former fiance of murdered Jill Dando. But he was her fiance at the time of her death. And as for the phrase "famously murdered" - that is appalling.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Another DM exclusive bites the dust!

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter

@britishroyals Just double checked with a royal source who says re Carole and Pippa: "There are no plans for them to be there at the birth."

Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge