The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Nobility

The baby's due date is usually calculated at 40 weeks gestation - with anything from 37 to 42 weeks being considered 'normal'.

Generally at about 40 weeks, if there is no sign of labour, the mother will start to get nonstress tests every few days. Nonstress tests are where, among other things, a fetal monitor is attached to the mother to ensure that the baby is not under stress. And even if the nonstress tests show that the baby is not under stress in the womb, most doctors will attempt to induce labour at an estimated gestational age of 42 weeks.

ETA: This means that if the due date is indeed, 'mid-July' - the Cambridge baby will statistically most likely to be born on a day in July.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post
The baby's due date is usually calculated at 40 weeks gestation - with anything from 37 to 42 weeks being considered 'normal'.

Generally at about 40 weeks, if there is no sign of labour, the mother will start to get nonstress tests every few days. Nonstress tests are where, among other things, a fetal monitor is attached to the mother to ensure that the baby is not under stress. And even if the nonstress tests show that the baby is not under stress in the womb, most doctors will attempt to induce labour at an estimated gestational age of 42 weeks.

ETA: This means that if the due date is indeed, 'mid-July' - the Cambridge baby will statistically most likely to be born on a day in July.
It does depend on the hospital what date you induced. Generally women are induced at T+11/12 (41 weeks and 4/5 days) because the placenta begins to lose function after 12ish days, or they are induced earlier if medically indicated (hypertension, diabetes, small fetal growth.) At the hospital I work we induce women at T+12 but other hospitals it is T+11. But yes, the baby is most likely be born in July

Old 06-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Depends how quickly they pick a name! Lady Louise's name wasn't released for 2 weeks or more. I am sure William and Catherine wont leave the public waiting that long!
There were grave concerns for Louise & her mother that would account for that delay.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Oh wow that's really early. Well anyway I'm 21 on July 20th so your Birthday must be quite close to mine.
It's the 29th, like I said in the post.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
It does depend on the hospital what date you induced. Generally women are induced at T+11/12 (41 weeks and 4/5 days) because the placenta begins to lose function after 12ish days, or they are induced earlier if medically indicated (hypertension, diabetes, small fetal growth.) At the hospital I work we induce women at T+12 but other hospitals it is T+11. But yes, the baby is most likely be born in July
True, however, as you know, induction is a gradual and careful process and birth can take more than a day to occur. So, for most laypersons, explanations given in weeks are sufficient.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Lets hope there is no need to induce labor. Not that it might be problematic, but there is some dignity and balance to letting things unfold in the fullness of time. The Duchess said something about babies having their own schedules. I agree.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

Lets hope there is no need to induce labor. Not that it might be problematic, but there is some dignity and balance to letting things unfold in the fullness of time. The Duchess said something about babies having their own schedules. I agree.
I don't think I've heard anyone describe labour as being something that involves dignity before...

Even with inductions, babies can still have their own schedule. A friend of mine was induced on a Wednesday and her son wasn't born until early that Sunday.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I don't think I've heard anyone describe labour as being something that involves donkey before...

Even with inductions, babies can still have their own schedule. A friend of mine was induced on a Wednesday and her son wasn't born until early that Sunday.
No matter what, one thing we can rest assured of is that Kate probably has the best in medical attention she possibly could have. I'm pretty sure by now that her prenatal visits are or are about to become on at least a weekly visit to her OB/GYN.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Did I write donkey? Thank you autocorrect...

Although, I haven't heard of many labours that involved donkeys either, but that's a whole other issue.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonelikeyou View Post
Wow! It's almost time... I remember when William was born. I was in high school in New York. My friend and I were driving somewhere after school and we heard on the radio that Diana had delivered a boy.

I don't remember when his name was announced. When, in general, does the BRF usually announce a name?
William's name was announced when he was one week old. Harry's was announced the day the family left the hospital when he was less than 24 hours old.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Do the palace normally announce the babies full styles and titles when they are born?
Old 06-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Do the palace normally announce the babies full styles and titles when they are born?
I'm not sure, but this child's style/title will be HRH Prince(ss) X of Cambridge. That was already announced when HM made the LP on the issue.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
More likely when the name is announced.

EDIT: the notice on the railings would read something like

"“Her Royal Highness The Duchess Of Cambridge was safely delivered of a boy/girl at X today. Her Royal Highness and the boy/girl are both doing well."

When William was born we also got colour of eyes and weight but that was on TV.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Majesty

Most likely there will be official tweets as well.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

IT would be a shame if there was unofficial tweets before the family was notified.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
More likely when the name is announced.

EDIT: the notice on the railings would read something like

"Her Royal Highness The Duchess Of Cambridge was safely delivered of a boy/girl at X today. Her Royal Highness and the boy/girl are both doing well."

When William was born we also got colour of eyes and weight but that was on TV.
Since all babies have blue eyes at birth, I think we can expect that as a given!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Since all babies have blue eyes at birth, I think we can expect that as a given!
That's not true. Some has grey-ish or hazel eyes at birth. I am white caucasian and I had brown eyes all my entire life, even at birth (and I still have the pictures). My brother instead had blue eyes until he turned 3.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

Hey, I was in high school in New York too and had the radio on in my room - I think I was studying for final exams or Regents and the reporter on WNBC interrupted the traffic report to tell the reporter in the helicopter that Princess Diana had just given birth to a son.

Did we go to the same high school?
Hmmmm... I was north of NYC in the Hudson Valley region. You? Ah, WNBC - remember it well! Also WPIX (channel 11), and the 4:3 movies on WABC! I am in the South now...
Old 06-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Majesty

Kate Middleton and Daily Mirror's Royal Correspondent gearing up to welcome first babies:
Kate Middleton and Daily Mirror's Royal Correspondent gearing up to welcome first babies - Victoria Murphy - Mirror Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Courtier

This might be too soon to ask this but now that the birth of William and Catherine first Child is now one month away (Can't wait!) how soon (long) after the birth of their First Child will their Second Child Born? I think their Second Child will be born within 15 to 20'Months after their First Child. One reason is so Baby Cambridge will have a sibling close in age to play with like William and Harry.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge