Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Royal Family started to put those announcements on Buckingham Palace gates?

I do think that the baby will be born sooner rather than sometime after the 15th. I know that the wives' tales say that firstborns are usually late, but I've always believed that was an effect of women back then not really knowing their conception dates. In fact, excepting my SIL, all of the babies in my family have been born earlier (between one and ten days) than their due dates.

Either way, I am really excited; I was too young when William was born, so I'm interested to see the world reaction to this heir!

Slightly off-topic, but I am starting to think that the first photos of the Kardashian-West baby will make an appearance as soon as Baby Cambridge does.:whistling:

Look, all: If the Duchess has to wait, well then, we sure can! ;):lol:;)

I keep thinking Baby GIRL Cambridge will arrive July 8.... I guess we'll all know soon enough. I hope Catherine has an easy and happy delivery!! I remember how awesome it was when my first baby (actually all of my babies were born). I can't imagine adding to that the knowledge my little baby would one day be Queen (or King)!

I was pretty young when William was born did we know when Diana was in labour? I remember seeing Charles interviewed after the birth. I have a couple of family birthdays in July one on the 4th, 7,8 and 9 so if she gives birth on any of these dates it will be easy to remember for me. LOL I'm hoping for a little girl too and he or she could be late babies do what they want. I wonder if Kate will eat chilli or do any of those old wives tales to help get her labour started. LOL My niece tried everything although she was 7 days overdue and it was her fourth baby. I agree with Broadway Duchess I won't be surprised if Kim K releases pictures of her baby around the same time the Cambridge baby is born to try and take some of the spotlight. Kim K is pretty tacky it won't work though. I do hope the baby is here soon I bet Kate does too.

For news alerts on the birth, I would suggest everyone to download the CNN Mobile Apps if you can:

CNN Mobile

I get news alerts on what's going on in the country and around the world and I find it pretty helpful. I know once Catherine goes into the hospital and give birth, the news alert will show up.

I keep thinking Baby GIRL Cambridge will arrive July 8.... I guess we'll all know soon enough. I hope Catherine has an easy and happy delivery!! I remember how awesome it was when my first baby (actually all of my babies were born). I can't imagine adding to that the knowledge my little baby would one day be Queen (or King)!

yes, it does look 'girl-like' bump. kind of low. boys tend to be more high in the torso, or how you spell it/ safe and blessed delivery!!

If Kate wants that baby out sooner rather than later, a good long walk every day and a glass of red wine at dinner should do the trick. NOT an old wives' tale.

If Kate wants that baby out sooner rather than later, a good long walk every day and a glass of red wine at dinner should do the trick. NOT an old wives' tale.

Isn't Alcohol dangerous/harmful to the Baby during Pregnancy?

Isn't Alcohol dangerous/harmful to the Baby during Pregnancy?

Well, that's more during the first trimester, or excessive drinking later on. One or two glasses a day at this stage would not harm the baby and is even recommended to bring on the labor by some in the medical field.

My sister heartily recommends a good romp in bed with husband to bring the process on. Enjoyable for all concerned apparently. Worked for her Twice.

ok, just a mom here but stand flat against a wall and do squats with the back against the wall. really slow. and it works. here's hoping. still waiting for my day 7/7 the perfect day

Queen Elizabeth's Children

Charles 14 November 1948
Anne 15 August 1950
Andrew 19 February 1960
Edward 10 March 1964.

ok, just a mom here but stand flat against a wall and do squats with the back against the wall. really slow. and it works. here's hoping. still waiting for my day 7/7 the perfect day

For a Brit not necessarily given what happened in London 8 years ago on the 7th July - that was the day the bombs went off and the day after London had been awarded the games.

I was there and it wasn't a pleasant time to be in the UK.

The 5th of July would be good it's a Friday and Fridays child is said to be fair of face. Wednesdays child is full of woe so hopefully Kate can skip a Wednesday. I can't remember what the other days sayings are. Having curry is supposed to get things moving as well and the long walks. Someone told my niece jumping jacks I would think that is a little difficult and very uncomfortable at 9 months pregnant. LOL Most women don't get that desperate until they are overdue. My niece tried everything with her fourth who ended up 10 days late but then was born with about 2 hours of mum going into labour. I don't think Kate will be that lucky the first is usually a long labour.

Duchess of Cambridge: are we expecting an early royal birth?

Duchess of Cambridge: are we expecting an early royal birth? - Telegraph

I don't like how these articles imply that a birth in the next week would mean that they've been lying. The only time given is "mid-July," and if you divide the month into equal thirds, mid-July starts in one week (sooner if you put fuzzy edges on that). Due dates are only so precise, and we're really at the point where a baby due in "mid-July" can be born without it being terribly early.

(And this swings the other way. I believe my mother was given a due date that ended up being 15 days before I was born. Add 15 days to a later date in mid-July and we won't be seeing a baby until August.)

Last edited:
In two weeks time it's the 17th, that's past mid July. They have closed the parking until 31st, so the hospital seem pretty confident this baby will be born in the month of July. :flowers:

In two weeks time it's the 17th, that's past mid July. They have closed the parking until 31st, so the hospital seem pretty confident this baby will be born in the month of July. :flowers:

Mid July is 10th - 21st I would say.

The 5th of July would be good it's a Friday and Fridays child is said to be fair of face. Wednesdays child is full of woe so hopefully Kate can skip a Wednesday. I can't remember what the other days sayings are...

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child that is born on the Sabbath Day,
Is bonny, blythe, good and gay.

Wow. Typed that from memory, then checked it on Google. However, don't ask me what I had for dinner the night before last. :lol:

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child that is born on the Sabbath Day,
Is bonny, blythe, good and gay.

Wow. Typed that from memory, then checked it on Google. However, don't ask me what I had for dinner the night before last. :lol:

Is this an english poem or phrase?

It is nice.

4th of July and they can call him George.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom