The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
How do you know that? It can be be 8 weeks and a half still.
Hullo????
Today is JUNE 1st,next month is July,,,DUH.....baby may come early or not.
Projected due date is JULY 13....hulloooooo

Old 06-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynHarris View Post
Five "Modern" Royal Parenting Trends That Are Actually Centuries Old

5 “Modern” Royal Parenting Trends That Are Actually Centuries Old | Carolyn Harris: Royal Historian
Excellent article Carolyn. Very interesting. My only comment is that I don't think it is fair to say that Diana sent William to kindergarten, Charles also agreed, as he also decided to attend William's birth. Diana was a wonderful hands on mother, but she wasn't the only parent.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Hullo????
Yes, but sometimes babies come late, especially first babies. I was born nearly two weeks late.

Not that it much matters :) Either way, the baby will arrive soon!
Old 06-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Yes, but sometimes babies come late, especially first babies. I was born nearly two weeks late.

Not that it much matters :) Either way, the baby will arrive soon!
My first was two weeks late. The baby will arrive soon, but I will bet not soon enough for Catherine. I wish her and William the best.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Courtier

I was born two weeks early and I am a first born so not always the case.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post

Hullo????
Projected due date is about as believable as a heatwave in the South Pole.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Well either way we're getting close I'm getting very very excited. The time has just passed so quickly!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Royal Highness

I was born exactly on the day my mom's doctor predicted, so she was the most prepared. I guess I was not late at all
Either way, these things and those about the shape of the belly are false, because it isn't 100% sure nor it has scientific answers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Well either way we're getting close I'm getting very very excited. The time has just passed so quickly!
Yes! The Baby is almost here, can't believe we're in June already, how time flies!
Can't wait to see the little one!
Old 06-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Aristocracy

I hope she delivers at full term. Safest for mom and baby!
Old 06-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Majesty

Yes, it's almost time to get the party started. I'm sure the media is gearing up for the coverage and will be heading over to London.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for all the feedback on my royal parenting article! Glad so many of you enjoyed it.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Gentry

Wow! It's almost time... I remember when William was born. I was in high school in New York. My friend and I were driving somewhere after school and we heard on the radio that Diana had delivered a boy.

I don't remember when his name was announced. When, in general, does the BRF usually announce a name?
Old 06-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonelikeyou View Post
I don't remember when his name was announced. When, in general, does the BRF usually announce a name?
Pretty much as soon as it is decided. I seem to recall that there was a few days delay with William. Going on stories that have emerged over the years this could have been due to dissent with Charles & Diana over the Arthur/William decision.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Wow! It's almost time... I remember when William was born. I was in high school in New York. My friend and I were driving somewhere after school and we heard on the radio that Diana had delivered a boy.

Hey, I was in high school in New York too and had the radio on in my room - I think I was studying for final exams or Regents and the reporter on WNBC interrupted the traffic report to tell the reporter in the helicopter that Princess Diana had just given birth to a son.

Did we go to the same high school?
Old 06-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
I was born two weeks early and I am a first born so not always the case.
I was three MONTHS early and was what you would call a micro-preemie, only weighing 580 grams at birth, or 1 pound 4 and a half ounces. I was supposed to be a Halloween/early November baby and instead was born at the end of July, on Charles and Diana's 9th wedding anniversary. I spent nearly 6 months in the NICU, released 2 weeks after New Year's 1991. Needless to say, I will be 23 in two months' time.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Royal Highness

More babies are late rather than early - this is a fact. Also, I read in the Telegraph that Mother Middleton is telling friends that the baby will be a Leo (how fitting for a future monarch), so the due date is end of July. If baby is late, might even be early August.

So despite the excitement, I have accepted the fact that we most likely have almost two months to wait rather than one month. I won't be taking up residence outside the hospital before July 15th at the earliest.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:22 AM
Gentry

I read that, too, GracieGiraffe. I wonder if Mama Middleton is trying to throw people off the scent, so to speak. If the paps believe the baby to be a Leo, they'll not likely sit under Catherine's window until mid-July, either. She might really be due earlier than speculated.

I say this because I have a friend who did not have a good relationship with her husband's family (not that this is the case with the Cambridges) so she told them that her due date was three weeks past what it actually was. She delivered about a week before her actual due date, which they thought was a month too early. The in-laws weren't able to camp out at the hospital and had to settle for seeing the baby after she was born.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:55 AM
Aristocracy

Both times my mom was pregnant she delivered 3 weeks early...that baby is going to come when it wants to. I just hope the baby is healthy and William is close by her when she goes into labor.

Regarding the due date. Kate said around mid july (so that could be mean any time before or after it, like between July 13-21). But. that doesn't guarantee the baby will even be born in July....it might end up being born in June for all we know. Like Kate said babies have plans of their own.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
I was three MONTHS early and was what you would call a micro-preemie, only weighing 580 grams at birth, or 1 pound 4 and a half ounces. I was supposed to be a Halloween/early November baby and instead was born at the end of July, on Charles and Diana's 9th wedding anniversary. I spent nearly 6 months in the NICU, released 2 weeks after New Year's 1991. Needless to say, I will be 23 in two months' time.
Oh wow that's really early. Well anyway I'm 21 on July 20th so your Birthday must be quite close to mine.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Depends how quickly they pick a name! Lady Louise's name wasn't released for 2 weeks or more. I am sure William and Catherine wont leave the public waiting that long!

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge