Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, it's July and it's time to get this party started. Just looking back at William's 1982 birth, the people in London partied like it was 1999. It's time to bring that joyous spirit back.

Are you sure? Do you have a crystal ball that you can look into and determine this? ;) :flowers:

Most Babies are born between 37 and 42 Weeks with the majority being born before 40 Weeks, Only five precent of Babies are born on Due Date. Catherine is now 38-39 weeks and so the Baby is now full term so it can be any day now. Not saying that it will definitely be born tomorrow but after 37 weeks it can be born any day…

I still think it will be born before July 10th. Quite a few peoples on here said July 3rd for the birth.

Most Babies are born between 37 and 42 Weeks with the majority being born before 40 Weeks, Only five precent of Babies are born on Due Date. Catherine is now 38-39 weeks and so the Baby is now full term so it can be any day now. Not saying that it will definitely be born tomorrow but after 37 weeks it can be born any day…

I still think it will be born before July 10th. Quite a few peoples on here said July 3rd for the birth.

Thank you, BristishRoyalist. I was being a little cheeky with Dman about his/her statement. :flowers: :)

I think the baby will arrive any day now. The baby could arrive in the early morning, noon or night. If I was a photographer or any other member of the press, I would be getting my spot at the hospital ready now.
You and a few other people. Looks like they are already starting to put up barriers and press stands at the hospital.
As Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall pick up organic baby food in Wales, London's St Mary's Hospital gears up for the royal birth | Mail Online
This is so exciting. It'd be a bummer though if the press went and camped out and the baby didn't arrive until the 11th.

You and a few other people. Looks like they are already starting to put up barriers and press stands at the hospital.
As Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall pick up organic baby food in Wales, London's St Mary's Hospital gears up for the royal birth | Mail Online
This is so exciting. It'd be a bummer though if the press went and camped out and the baby didn't arrive until the 11th.

Yeah, this is a very exciting time for everyone. The royal couple, their families and the world even. The press pretty much have no other choice but to mark their spots and get ready since the baby could arrive at anytime and it would be too much to get prepared on the day of Catherine's arrival to the hospital (which probably be a private arrival). It seems, to me at least, for the photographers to get in place at the hospital or at least mark their places.

I just had a premonition while driving,
I saw Kate shopping, her water broke and baby time.
We shall see

I sure hope the baby comes soon. I'm getting pretty excited to find out whether they are having a boy or a girl and what it's name will be.

I sure hope the baby comes soon. I'm getting pretty excited to find out whether they are having a boy or a girl and what it's name will be.

Me too! I hope the baby is born during the daytime and before before 11pm (U.S time) because I don't want to miss anything and wake up the next morning to find out that Catherine had her baby. I want to be one of the first

Me too! I hope the baby is born during the daytime and before before 11pm (U.S time) because I don't want to miss anything and wake up the next morning to find out that Catherine had her baby. I want to be one of the first

yes! and i meant 5-8pm north american time,:)

Every day we get closer and closer and before you know it Baby Cambridge is here. :flowers:

Question - I've not been on these forums when there has been an imminent royal birth.

What happens to this thread? And the naming/godparents thread?

I assume that the maternity thread goes back to daywear/evening wear - is that right?

I thought I'd ask here as we dont really have a lot to talk about :)

Question - I've not been on these forums when there has been an imminent royal birth.

What happens to this thread? And the naming/godparents thread?

I assume that the maternity thread goes back to daywear/evening wear - is that right?

I thought I'd ask here as we dont really have a lot to talk about :)

Just like on the other threads on other forums much like when Crown Princess Victoria (Sweden), Queen Maxima (Netherlands), Princess Mary (Denmark) and Princess Mette-Merit (Norway) were pregnant and gave birth this thread and other (names and godparents) will be closed when Catherine goes into labor and a new thread will be open with a title like For example: Cambridge Baby watch, Catherine in labor or Duchess Catherine admitted to Hospital or something like that. Them When she gives birth that thread will be closed and a new one will be opened after the baby is born. The Names and Godparents might stay open until after the names and Godparents of the baby is announced.

Not sure about the maternity thread.

I was searching on twitter and the tweets where about an hour ago. I don't it is true but there seems to to be a rumour going around the net. :flowers:

and there will be a new rumour every day until it actually happens

Sorry to take the Current Discussion off topic but I was Just wondering this, in the 19th and early 20th century when Queen Victoria, Alexandra of Denmark, Mary of Teck and The Queen Mother went into labor and gave Birth how did people's back find out then that they were about too give birth or had given Birth? Now we have Internet, TV and social media and when Catherine gives birth it will spread on the Internet and social media within seconds. When Diana gave birth there was no Internet but there was TV, When Queen Elizabeth gave birth there was the radio. So how did people's find out then that that they ;the four i mentioned above) were in labor and that had given birth? I imagine back then they would not have announced that they were in labor.

Last edited:
Why couldn't she be 10 days late too?Practically everyone I knew had their first baby late, except me. Not a scientific survey, I know, but just as valid as all these posters thinking any minute now.
I'm betting three days late, the day after Camilla's b'day.

They said nothing until the baby was born. The birth would be announced in the newspapers the following the day. For example the headline would be like this "The Queen/Princess/Duchess has safely delivered a Prince/Princess." I don't think in those days a pregnancy was even announced, it would just appear one day in the papers! :flowers:

Sorry to take the Current Discussion off topic but I was Just wondering this, in the 19th and early 20th century when Queen Victoria, Alexandra of Denmark, Mary of Teck and The Queen Mother went into labor and gave Birth how did people's back find out then that they were about too give birth or had given Birth? Now we have Internet, TV and social media and when Catherine gives birth it will spread on the Internet and social media within seconds. When Diana gave birth there was no Internet but there was TV, When Queen Elizabeth gave birth there was the radio. So how did people's find out then that that they ;the four i mentioned above) were in labor and that had given birth? I imagine back then they would not have announced that they were in labor.
BBC Television actually existed prior to WWII, so when QEII gave birth in 1946, 1950, 1960 & 1964 the births would have been announced on TV, radio and in the newpapers. When QETQM gave birth in 1926 and 1930 it would have been announced on radio and in the newpapers. Prior to that Victoria and Alexandra would have had the births of their children announced in the newspapers. Of course in all cases there would also have been an announcement on the gates of BP. It is only in the age of 24hr news channels and the internet that we feel we should know when contractions start and how far apart they are etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom