The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

The baby will choose the time and date of its arrival and unless the Duchess of Cambridge decides on a C-section to determine that day, Baby C will make its entrance when it's ready. Babies respect neither schedules nor expected birth dates.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Serene Highness

While we wait on baby c, how about we guess the christening date and location?

My first choice of date would have been nov 14 since it prince Charles's 65 b-day but the Commonwealth heads of govt meeting is nov 15-17 so you can't do on the 14 . So I am going with nov 20 which is a weekday and the queen and Phillip wedding anniv. and location Windsor castle.

I know Angela Kelly made a new christening gown that is identical to the one used for queen Victoria babies. Louise was the first baby to use it. I wonder if they will bust out the original one since baby c is a direct heir? It might be too fragile to be used anymore.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I know Angela Kelly made a new christening gown that is identical to the one used for queen Victoria babies. Louise was the first baby to use it. I wonder if they will bust out the original one since baby c is a direct heir? It might be too fragile to be used anymore.
Louise was actually the last to use the original gown, James was the first to use the replica. I believe the original has been retired outright.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Nobility

Do the Brits christan 3 or 4 mons after the birth?

I'm guessing end of Oct, BEFOR the holidays
Old 05-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post

William was born June and christened in August.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness

I suspect that the christening will take place when the Queen returns from Balmoral.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post

Viscount Severn was born on 17 December 2007, and christened on 19 April 2008 (4 months).

Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor was born on 8 November 2003, and christened on 24 November 2004 (5 months).

Princess Eugenie of York was born on 23 March 1990, and christened 23 December 1990 (9 months).

Princess Beatrice of York was born on 8 August 1988, and christened on 20 December 1988 (f4 months).

Prince Harry of Wales was born on 15 September 1984, and christened 15 December 1984 (3 months).

The Duke of Cambridge was born on 21 June 1982, and christended on 4 August 1982 (The Queen Mother's 82th birthday; a month and a half).

Zara Phillips was born on 15 May 1981, and christened on 27 July 1981 (2 months).

Peter Phillips was born on 15 November 1977, and christened on 22 December 1977 (1 month).

Baby Cambridge will born on mid July, so, I bet he or she will be christened on 20 November, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh's 66th wedding anniversary.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps it's to do with how big they are and if the baby fits into the Christening gown? I know there is a new one made as Viscount Severn was the first to wear, but I imagine it's only a "one size fits all", so they perhaps wait until the baby is a certain size?...I think Savannah wore the gown as well, and she was 4 months old at her christening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Louise was actually the last to use the original gown, James was the first to use the replica. I believe the original has been retired outright.
I believe that's right as it was reported at the time of James' christening that the original has been preserved. We will likely see it on display at some celebration in the future. James was the perfect person to "christen" the new gown as he looked really chubby in it! He really filled it out, whereas the others I have seen in the gown looked drowned by the material!

I hope for baby Cambridge we get a proper picture released with all the Godparents. For James' the only image we saw was of Edward, Sophie and James in his mother's arms. I want to see all of the godparents (as I really want Sophie to be made one!)
Old 05-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Serene Highness

I'm hoping for July 1st, but not because of Diana's Birthday. Nope!! I would love it coming then, because it would give all us Canadian Members an extra reason to celebrate. Canada's Birthday * and* the birth of our Future Monarch? It would make for one heck of a Celebration.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Serene Highness

I think there was some worry with Eugiene fitting into the gown since she much older than most royal babies.

Press wise they almost have to at least what William's parents did. Leaving the hospital like they did in December but with baby c on the outside this time. A set of professional photo released in front of the christening. Calling Mario Testino. Please no matching shirts photo please and can we get one with first child lupo in it :) Pool video coverage of the family post christening on the day. Posed photos with baby with godparents, baby with immediate family, plus you need the 4 monarchs shot with Elizabeth holding the baby with Charles and William . Then the same shot with Phillip added in. He can hold the baby if he wants because Phil can do what Phil wants.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I think there was some worry with Eugiene fitting into the gown since she much older than most royal babies.

Press wise they almost have to at least what William's parents did. Leaving the hospital like they did in December but with baby c on the outside this time. A set of professional photo released in front of the christening. Calling Mario Testino. Please no matching shirts photo please and can we get one with first child lupo in it :) Pool video coverage of the family post christening on the day. Posed photos with baby with godparents, baby with immediate family, plus you need the 4 monarchs shot with Elizabeth holding the baby with Charles and William . Then the same shot with Phillip added in. He can hold the baby if he wants because Phil can do what Phil wants.
At Zara's christening at the Palace, there was one picture with four generations of royal ladies (The Queen, the Queen Mother, Anne and Zara) sitting on the couch. Anne was wearing a yellow sundress with matching hat.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Serene Highness

There has to be a similar photo with every baby from Peter to Eugenie. There is a 4 gen shot with baby Charles and baby Anne with queen Mary, George vi and then princess Elizabeth. With baby c, you can do 4 kings/queens which has not been possible since queen Victoria and the baby future Edward VIII
Old 05-16-2013, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
There has to be a similar photo with every baby from Peter to Eugenie. There is a 4 gen shot with baby Charles and baby Anne with queen Mary, George vi and then princess Elizabeth. With baby c, you can do 4 kings/queens which has not been possible since queen Victoria and the baby future Edward VIII
Technically speaking, they could have done the 4 kings/queens with Charles, they would have just had to pull Uncle David out for the picture.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think we have seen group photos of all the Godparents with the baby up until Viscount Severn. I still don't see why Ed and Sophie chose to not release a photo like that. The one we got Edward, Sophie and James was cute and James was super chubby in the photo, but I would have loved a group photo.

I hope we see a group shot of baby Cambride, particularly a Monarch shot as that would be a piece of history.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I have seen that picture. It is posted below.

The First Picture was taken after Edward VIII Birth and the Second one is was taken in 1899. By then Edward VIII was 5.

Queen Victoria, The Future Edward VII, George V and Edward VIII
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	289028   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	289029  
Old 05-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

I too would like to see Sophie and Edward as godparents, along with Anne and Timothy. To fill out the lineup, perhaps one of the younger cousins of William, such as Alexander, the son of the Duke of Gloucester and one of the grandchildren of the Duke of Kent, such as Lord Downpatrick, or Marina Charlotte, or Amelia. It's good to get younger godparents in order to have them still in fighting shape as the baby gets to be a teenager and then an adult.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
one of the grandchildren of the Duke of Kent, such as Lord Downpatrick, or Marina Charlotte, or Amelia.
Can you have Roman Catholics as godparents of the future head of the COE?

Sophie maybe, Anne, Timothy and Edward are unlikely considered the other options they have.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Can you have Roman Catholics as godparents of the future head of the COE?

Sophie maybe, Anne, Timothy and Edward are unlikely considered the other options they have.
I would say not. Religion is not my reasoning bearing in mind that Greek Royals are not Anglicans and they have been royal godparents in the past.
Godparents are chosen by the parents - so its people they know quite well. So I would rule out any Glos. or Kents.

Harry; Sophie; Van Cutsems; Greek Royals; Middletons; Van Straubenzee; Spencers (one of Diana's sisters) - I think this is the pool for final selection

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Commoner

I think people are leaving out Kates girlfriends from School Emilia jardine Paterson and Trini Lough Foyle. I think its very likely that one if not both will be godparents. I actually would like to see them choose Beatrice and Peter from the royals. Not sure if i think they will feel the need to choose one of their siblings.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Serene Highness

I agree that they may not used their siblings as godparents. The aunt/uncle outranks godparents. I think the William is closer to Peter and Zara than his York cousins. You could also see someone like Viscount Linley or Sarah Chatto. Kate should have some of her friends also.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge