Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty cool. Doesn't Catherine love kayaking?

She canoed in Canada, also dragon boated, and she was part of an all woman crew that was going to ? cross the channel ? if I remember correctly. She clearly likes being out on the water

Georgia on my mind

How about Georgia for a girl? It would have the required historical connections to previous monarchs, yet it would be fresh- and pretty.

It could be that Kate is the same as the Queen of Holland - 3 girls. No boy ever came!

George was one of George VI's names just not his first name. You can pick the name that you reign under. Edward VIII did the same thing. His first name was Albert too. George Vi picked George to remind people of his father and link this reign to his.

William and Kate are going to pick a traditional name. It isn't going to something like North or Apple. Elizabeth or Phillip are locks for a name slot.

^^ You're right. They will pick a traditional name. But even within the realm of traditional BRF names, there are the names that aren't used that often. William and Kate don't seem like they would do things simply because they have to. They did their wedding the way they wanted to (as much as possible at least), they will do this the way they want to.

Two Days of June Left, The real countdown and waiting begins Monday that is if Baby Cambridge is not born by Sunday at 11:59pm UK Time

Last edited:
Edward VIII did the same thing. His first name was Albert too.

King Edward VIII's full name Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David.

His grandfather, King Edward VII was the one whose first name was Albert. He was named Albert Edward, after his father and his maternal grandfather.

British Royalist, when I said Bertie would be an OK name, I meant as a nickname for Albert. But there are other "Berts" such as Robert or Cuthbert.

NGalitzine, George is only wrong to me because over used in recent royal history. I do like the combination George St. Andrews. I would like something more historically creative, that is all. There are three saints buried at Durham Cathedral, and I think one of them is Aidan (too hard to remember all the names associated with Durham that I mentioned before, the Celtic, Saxon, and Norman names). I think Aidan would be a historically great name. Even Cuthbert would be great because of the greatness of St. Cuthbert's influence on England, but I suppose it sounds stodgy to most people these days. I don't think I'd go for "Bede" for St. Bede of Durham. England is so full of POSITIVE history, it would be great to choose a name of a positive leader. Another like that is David for King David of Scotland, who had a reputation as a great positive leader.

Just musing, woolgathering: Aidan David Robert Charles Michael, or any arrangement of the first three followed by the grandfathers' names of Charles and Michael. Michael would be excellent for a first name but it would be a departure for a British royal, it's more European.

Last edited:
If a Girl arrives on 1st July, I hope William does not see this as some kind of special significance, and decide to call her Diana. I am sure the Royal Family will be very uncomfortable. But who knows with William! His mother's engagement ring was a shock. I for one would not have accepted it. But then I'm not Kate.

I read ages ago that if either of the boys had a girl, their mother's name would feature somewhere.

Last edited:
If a Girl arrives on 1st July, I hope William does not see this as some kind of special significance, and decide to call her Diana. I am sure the Royal Family will be very uncomfortable. But who knows with William! His mother's engagement ring was a shock. I for one would not have accepted it. But then I'm not Kate.

I read ages ago that if either of the boys had a girl, their mother's name would feature somewhere.
I think we can take it for granted that Diana will be a name for both William and Harry's daughter's if they have them. They adored their mother.

But who knows with William! His mother's engagement ring was a shock.

Yes who knows..It might as well be a PR stunt..William will not ,or rather, just cannot, do anything that will upset the RF (read HM). He was shown his place during his own wedding..
Start from your friends, and then go from there..

If a Girl arrives on 1st July, I hope William does not see this as some kind of special significance, and decide to call her Diana.

I believe the names of both a boy and a girl (if still anyone believes they donno the gender) would have been thoroughly discussed and decided already. Its not just "Will and Kates baby". Its the scion of the Firm, the most business-like family on the planet. Every little decision is made with many things into consideration. They wont go for last minute significances/signs/omens..

I am sure the Royal Family will be very uncomfortable.

I dont think the name Diana as such makes RF uncomfortable, but the past-hysteria it will generate and all the digging up the media and fanatics do..that definitely does..not just the RF, but everyone seriously interested/concerned about monarchy..

Last edited:
I think we can take it for granted that Diana will be a name for both William and Harry's daughter's if they have them. They adored their mother.
No can't take it for granted. You can't take nothing for granted in this world.

Why do people think the royal family would be upset if they named their baby girl, Diana? I'm not sure if Diana would be a first name but, if its a girl, the name Diana could be included as a middle name.

The royal family would think it would be a fitting tribute to William's mother. The royal family isn't as harsh one would think.

No Diana. If he wants to honor his mother/Carole.

I am suggesting Elizabeth Alexandra Victoria Francesca.

But W & K don't seem to have much of an imagination so I wouldn't be surprised if they named a girl Diana Frances Carole Elizabeth or some combination. A combination of those 4 names is all the imagination that the two of them could come up with.

Due date July 14th.

Baby Cambridge could also go to Garden House- if I remember correctly Viscount Linley's daughter and Lady Helen Taylor's daughters are both currently attending.

On another note, I think Baby Cambridge's due date will be either July 12/13/14. But you never know, it could arrive earlier or later! I don't think it will be born in August.

Regarding names, I still think George and Victoria are the most likely choices, but I think it would be nice if Arthur or Mary to make an appearance. I can also see Caroline, Diana, Elizabeth and Catherine being used as middle names for a princess. For a prince, I can see Charles, William, Philip and Henry being used as middle names.

Last edited:
I don't think they will use Diana as a first name. There is going to be enough pressure on this kid anyways you don't add bearing the name of its grandmother who had a troubled relationship with the family and dies in a horrific manor at a young age. It is bad enough Kate gets the constant Diana comparison. Baby C doesn't need it too.

The school question is easy- boys go to Eton girls to Marlborough. Both William and Kate loved there time at their respected schools.

Regarding names, i hope Elizabeth or Mary for a daughter (maybe with Diana as one of the middle names) and Arthur (like the mythical king Artur!) or George for a boy.
I also like Victoria for a girl, but I think they will not choose it as a first name because Queen Victoria asked/hoped to be the one and only queen with this name.

I also like Victoria for a girl, but I think they will not choose it as a first name because Queen Victoria asked/hoped to be the one and only queen with this name.

That's interesting. I thought I remembered reading that Victoria wanted all the Kings and Queens after her to be Alberts and Victorias.

I Still say a girl will be born and her name isCatherine(after her mom) Elizabeth(Her mom's middle name and of course the current Queen's name) Alexandra( The Queen's middle name) and finally Francis ( Diana and Micheal Middleton middle name). I think Francis os a way to homor Diana in a less explosive way and it honor Micheal.

PS just in case it is a boy Arthur Phillip Charles Albert. I had thought about includeding William in the name at one point but decided on two loyal husband and his granddad name. I just think Arthur will change up the George ,Henry, and Edward thing. I love tradition and all but if it os a boy it will be nice to have a Charles, a William, and then a Arthur...or a Catherine.

That's interesting. I thought I remembered reading that Victoria wanted all the Kings and Queens after her to be Alberts and Victorias.

She certainly expected her children and grandchildren to bear either her name or her husband's name. Of her 9 children, 8 have either a Victor/Victoria or Albert/Alberta in their name (the exception being Alice). Of her 40 grandchildren, 32 have either "Albert," "Victoria," or "Alexander" (Victoria's first name was Alexandrina) or some variation (depending on language and gender) in their name. Of the BRF great-grandchildren, only one (Prince John) doesn't have one of those 3 names.

I don't know that she didn't want their to be a second Queen Victoria, but she did believe that every king that followed her should be an Albert Something (Albert Edward, Albert Victor), but that got spoiled very quickly.

I don't think naming the baby Diana is going to upset the RF in anyway.
They are a bunch of mature individuals who would understand that William wants to honour his mother. And it's only fair.

If there was such a problem with Diana, I'm sure there would've been a lot of unpleasant moments after William have Kate his mothers ring.

I for one am hoping that the baby is called Diana ( though I'm quite certain it won't be used as a first name).

I do not wish for comparisons to a lady the baby didn't even meet. But it would be a brilliant way of keeping their mothers memory alive( though I'm sure they do miss her every single day).

I'm also certain that the baby won't be born on Diana's birthday, though I feel it is early July.

Looks like my prediction is wrong about baby Cambridge being born in June. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom