The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Serene Highness

It's impossible to conceal pregnancy if the mother has HG, as Kate did. I suspect the Middletons knew about it weeks before anyone else, as the nausea starts in most people within weeks, not months. With me i was in the hospital with nausea one week after conception, dx'd pregnant at two weeks from conception. What a lot of fuss that was.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Personally - I don't think this due date thing in the press is a big deal.

First - due dates are rarely delivery dates (unless you have scheduled a C Section), what with human biology being an inexact science.

Second, any number of us here in the forums have said that we thought mid July was our best guess. Given any info that has been out there, it is a solid, good guess. Any number of us have been looking at the calendar, too.

Finally - that little by or girl will come when they are good and ready.

Happy Mom's Day to all the US Moms BTW. And anywhere else it is mom's day today!

Old 05-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Babies show up when they want. Her due date could be July 13 but if he or she decides that next week is a better time, then that's when he/she will arrive.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:20 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree. Babies come when they want to come. Personally I arrived a month early and was still over 7lbs. My then 45 yr old mother, already the mother of 4 between the ages of 19 and 10 yrs, had been told she was having twins but on the day only I showed up. Surprise!!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:48 AM
Commoner

For the first time, in the British monarchy if a daughter is first born to an heir, she will be heir not heiress presumptive. That is so historical, so cool.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
It's impossible to conceal pregnancy if the mother has HG, as Kate did. I suspect the Middletons knew about it weeks before anyone else, as the nausea starts in most people within weeks, not months. With me i was in the hospital with nausea one week after conception, dx'd pregnant at two weeks from conception. What a lot of fuss that was.
Base on how early it was announce to the public, I doubt the Middletons knew weeks beforehand
Old 05-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Pillow View Post
For the first time, in the British monarchy if a daughter is first born to an heir, she will be heir not heiress presumptive. That is so historical, so cool.
Not yet she won't.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Royal Highness

With a July birth, it could arrive on any number of fortuitous days:

July 1; Diana's birthday
July 4; a Yankee Doodle Dandy!
July 14; Bastille day and Crown Princess Victoria's birthday
July 17; Camilla's birthday (admit it; how awesome would that be! )
Old 05-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

July 1; Diana's birthday
July 4; a Yankee Doodle Dandy!
July 14; Bastille day and Crown Princess Victoria's birthday
July 20: Crown Prince Haakons birthday.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Not yet she won't.

Thank you, Lumutqueen for the reminder that while Parliament has passed such a law The Succession to the Crown Act 2013 in April 2013, it needs to be approved by the 15 Commonwealth Nations. However, the law is based on principles decided by those Commonwealth nations when meeting in Perth, Australia, in October 2011. Therefore there is little reason to think it won’t be approved. Unless you Brits know something what isn't in the news yet.
You are technically correct, it remains ‘not yet’.
Please forgive my presumptuous American claim, haste, and cheer at such a momentous event in the history of humanity. The welcoming of a possible, female heir to such a famous throne and in my lifetime!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Thank you, Lumutqueen for the reminder that while Parliament has passed such a law The Succession to the Crown Act 2013 in April 2013, it needs to be approved by the 15 Commonwealth Nations. However, the law is based on principles decided by those Commonwealth nations when meeting in Perth, Australia, in October 2011. Therefore there is little reason to think it won’t be approved. Unless you Brits know something what isn't in the news yet.
You are technically correct, it remains ‘not yet’.
Please forgive my presumptuous American claim, haste, and cheer at such a momentous event in the history of humanity. The welcoming of a possible, female heir to such a famous throne and in my lifetime!
Of course it'll be passed, eventually. But I doubt by July when the baby is due. Personally I'm hoping for a boy, it'll make life a lot easier.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Of course it'll be passed, eventually. But I doubt by July when the baby is due. Personally I'm hoping for a boy, it'll make life a lot easier.
And then too, the baby will be the heir to the heir of the heir apparent to the throne. Talk about splitting heirs eh?

I think its going to be a boy myself.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Whew, you had me concerned there for a moment Lumutqueen!
I believe the law will pass eventually as well. If it isn’t passed by the birth, does that mean if a girl, she won’t become the heir?
I prefer a boy, too. It is just the concept that a female heir is going to become a reality, one day that to me, is really cool.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

I believe the law will pass eventually as well. If it isn’t passed by the birth, does that mean if a girl, she won’t become the heir?
I prefer a boy, too. It is just the concept that a female heir is going to become a reality, one day that to me, is really cool.

They may have to change the wording of the law if it is a girl. Similar to the Swedish situation.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Once the law is passed in all Commonwealth Realms, it will take effect for everyone born in October 28, 2011 onwards.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

The law is set to be retroactive up until a certain date (I think in 2010). As long as they don't change the date that it's retroactive to, then it doesn't matter if the law is passed before or after the baby is born (assuming that it's a girl).
Old 05-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Once the law is passed in all Commonwealth Realms, it will take effect for everyone born in October 28, 2011 onwards.

Thank you so very much BrazilianEmpire, I appreciate the information.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

And then too, the baby will be the heir to the heir of the heir apparent to the throne. Talk about splitting heirs eh?

I think its going to be a boy myself.
Lol!
Very true.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

July 1; Diana's birthday
My Darling Gracie,
You poke hornets nests! Take cover and prednisone!

Having said that, I firmly believe there will be a name, in the very long line up of given names, to honor the baby's late grandmother.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
If that happened, I think the Internet really would blow up.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge