The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1081  
Old 05-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
It's impossible to conceal pregnancy if the mother has HG, as Kate did. I suspect the Middletons knew about it weeks before anyone else, as the nausea starts in most people within weeks, not months. With me i was in the hospital with nausea one week after conception, dx'd pregnant at two weeks from conception. What a lot of fuss that was.
__________________

__________________
  #1082  
Old 05-12-2013, 05:16 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 2,550
Personally - I don't think this due date thing in the press is a big deal.

First - due dates are rarely delivery dates (unless you have scheduled a C Section), what with human biology being an inexact science.

Second, any number of us here in the forums have said that we thought mid July was our best guess. Given any info that has been out there, it is a solid, good guess. Any number of us have been looking at the calendar, too.

Finally - that little by or girl will come when they are good and ready.

Happy Mom's Day to all the US Moms BTW. And anywhere else it is mom's day today!
__________________

__________________
  #1083  
Old 05-13-2013, 12:22 AM
4Pam's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 2,785
Babies show up when they want. Her due date could be July 13 but if he or she decides that next week is a better time, then that's when he/she will arrive.
__________________
Absence is, in my opinion, important to find out whether something in your life is meaningful and important! It may be difficult to endure, but the end result is always revealing.
  #1084  
Old 05-13-2013, 01:20 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
I agree. Babies come when they want to come. Personally I arrived a month early and was still over 7lbs. My then 45 yr old mother, already the mother of 4 between the ages of 19 and 10 yrs, had been told she was having twins but on the day only I showed up. Surprise!!
__________________
  #1085  
Old 05-13-2013, 02:48 AM
Princess Pillow's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Rome, United States
Posts: 23
For the first time, in the British monarchy if a daughter is first born to an heir, she will be heir not heiress presumptive. That is so historical, so cool.
__________________
  #1086  
Old 05-13-2013, 09:53 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
It's impossible to conceal pregnancy if the mother has HG, as Kate did. I suspect the Middletons knew about it weeks before anyone else, as the nausea starts in most people within weeks, not months. With me i was in the hospital with nausea one week after conception, dx'd pregnant at two weeks from conception. What a lot of fuss that was.
Base on how early it was announce to the public, I doubt the Middletons knew weeks beforehand
__________________
  #1087  
Old 05-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Pillow View Post
For the first time, in the British monarchy if a daughter is first born to an heir, she will be heir not heiress presumptive. That is so historical, so cool.
Not yet she won't.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1088  
Old 05-13-2013, 02:13 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,665
With a July birth, it could arrive on any number of fortuitous days:

July 1; Diana's birthday
July 4; a Yankee Doodle Dandy!
July 14; Bastille day and Crown Princess Victoria's birthday
July 17; Camilla's birthday (admit it; how awesome would that be! )
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #1089  
Old 05-13-2013, 03:01 PM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
With a July birth, it could arrive on any number of fortuitous days:

July 1; Diana's birthday
July 4; a Yankee Doodle Dandy!
July 14; Bastille day and Crown Princess Victoria's birthday
July 17; Camilla's birthday (admit it; how awesome would that be! )
July 20: Crown Prince Haakons birthday.
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
  #1090  
Old 05-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Princess Pillow's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Rome, United States
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Not yet she won't.

Thank you, Lumutqueen for the reminder that while Parliament has passed such a law The Succession to the Crown Act 2013 in April 2013, it needs to be approved by the 15 Commonwealth Nations. However, the law is based on principles decided by those Commonwealth nations when meeting in Perth, Australia, in October 2011. Therefore there is little reason to think it won’t be approved. Unless you Brits know something what isn't in the news yet.
You are technically correct, it remains ‘not yet’.
Please forgive my presumptuous American claim, haste, and cheer at such a momentous event in the history of humanity. The welcoming of a possible, female heir to such a famous throne and in my lifetime!
__________________
  #1091  
Old 05-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Pillow View Post

Thank you, Lumutqueen for the reminder that while Parliament has passed such a law The Succession to the Crown Act 2013 in April 2013, it needs to be approved by the 15 Commonwealth Nations. However, the law is based on principles decided by those Commonwealth nations when meeting in Perth, Australia, in October 2011. Therefore there is little reason to think it won’t be approved. Unless you Brits know something what isn't in the news yet.
You are technically correct, it remains ‘not yet’.
Please forgive my presumptuous American claim, haste, and cheer at such a momentous event in the history of humanity. The welcoming of a possible, female heir to such a famous throne and in my lifetime!
Of course it'll be passed, eventually. But I doubt by July when the baby is due. Personally I'm hoping for a boy, it'll make life a lot easier.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1092  
Old 05-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Of course it'll be passed, eventually. But I doubt by July when the baby is due. Personally I'm hoping for a boy, it'll make life a lot easier.
And then too, the baby will be the heir to the heir of the heir apparent to the throne. Talk about splitting heirs eh?

I think its going to be a boy myself.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #1093  
Old 05-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Princess Pillow's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Rome, United States
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Of course it'll be passed, eventually. But I doubt by July when the baby is due. Personally I'm hoping for a boy, it'll make life a lot easier.
Whew, you had me concerned there for a moment Lumutqueen!
I believe the law will pass eventually as well. If it isn’t passed by the birth, does that mean if a girl, she won’t become the heir?
I prefer a boy, too. It is just the concept that a female heir is going to become a reality, one day that to me, is really cool.


__________________
  #1094  
Old 05-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Pillow View Post

Whew, you had me concerned there for a moment Lumutqueen!
I believe the law will pass eventually as well. If it isn’t passed by the birth, does that mean if a girl, she won’t become the heir?
I prefer a boy, too. It is just the concept that a female heir is going to become a reality, one day that to me, is really cool.

They may have to change the wording of the law if it is a girl. Similar to the Swedish situation.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1095  
Old 05-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Pillow View Post
Whew, you had me concerned there for a moment Lumutqueen!
I believe the law will pass eventually as well. If it isn’t passed by the birth, does that mean if a girl, she won’t become the heir?
I prefer a boy, too. It is just the concept that a female heir is going to become a reality, one day that to me, is really cool.


Once the law is passed in all Commonwealth Realms, it will take effect for everyone born in October 28, 2011 onwards.
__________________
  #1096  
Old 05-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is online now
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,187
The law is set to be retroactive up until a certain date (I think in 2010). As long as they don't change the date that it's retroactive to, then it doesn't matter if the law is passed before or after the baby is born (assuming that it's a girl).
__________________
  #1097  
Old 05-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Princess Pillow's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Rome, United States
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Once the law is passed in all Commonwealth Realms, it will take effect for everyone born in October 28, 2011 onwards.

Thank you so very much BrazilianEmpire, I appreciate the information.
__________________
  #1098  
Old 05-13-2013, 05:00 PM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is online now
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

And then too, the baby will be the heir to the heir of the heir apparent to the throne. Talk about splitting heirs eh?

I think its going to be a boy myself.
Lol!
Very true.
__________________
  #1099  
Old 05-13-2013, 09:48 PM
scooter's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
With a July birth, it could arrive on any number of fortuitous days:

July 1; Diana's birthday
July 17; Camilla's birthday (admit it; how awesome would that be! )
My Darling Gracie,
You poke hornets nests! Take cover and prednisone!

Having said that, I firmly believe there will be a name, in the very long line up of given names, to honor the baby's late grandmother.
__________________
  #1100  
Old 05-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is online now
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
July 17; Camilla's birthday (admit it; how awesome would that be! )
If that happened, I think the Internet really would blow up.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread Zonk The Princess Royal and Family 480 07-30-2011 08:59 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]