The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Courtier

Then again, it could be a girl but harry just wants to pretend otherwise?

Old 05-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Harry didn't officially say this, so whether or not he actually said this may or may not be true. Well, it's 50/50. Kate will either have a boy or a girl. It's possible he might have said this just to see if someone would spill the beans.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Yes, I agree. No one really knows for sure. So many things being said ---- a bit like Chinese whispers.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Then again, it could be a girl but harry just wants to pretend otherwise?
The Daily Mail also says:

Princess Eugenie, Prince William’s cousin, has also been telling friends the baby is a boy, according to another royal insider quoted by the Sunday People.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Courtier

Probably Harry is planning to induct some new "friends" into his inner circle, and this is a test for them, and they fell for the bait...too tempting to resist, isnt it?
William already told he has been using this trick since a long time..
Old 05-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Aristocracy

There is one bit I do believe. Re the name:

Quote:
Harry’s been making up crazy suggestions and winding them up too.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
There is one bit I do believe. Re the name:

HRH Princess Harriet of Cambridge?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

WHY would Harry AND Eugenie be telling friends the baby's gender? If the parents wants the gender kept secret, it would be a very rude and thoughtless thing to do, as the news was bound to leak. If your brother or cousin asks you to keep something in confidence like this, you do it. Full stop.

Therefore, I don't believe the story. Although I do think it's a boy.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Majesty

However they may have told them and then not told them to keep the secret.

If you genuinely want to keep a secret you tell no one.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Serene Highness

The Duchess has said they don't know the sex.

Unless Prince Harry and Princess Eugenie are psychics, the tabloids are lying (again).
Old 05-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post

Unless Prince Harry and Princess Eugenie are psychics, the tabloids are lying (again).
Or unless they bribe the doctor in yelling them which I highly doubt they would do that all.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
However they may have told them and then not told them to keep the secret.

If you genuinely want to keep a secret you tell no one.
I really don't think any member of the BRF is stupid enough to not realize that they shouldn't be telling people the sex of the baby (assuming that they know said sex).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post

For all we know the Duchess was simply saying they don't know it. She's already under a lot of pressure to reveal the sex, even while she's saying that she doesn't know. The minute she says "I know the sex but I'm not going to tell you" the pressure will just get worse and people asking will go to greater lengths to deliberately trip her or William (or Harry or anyone else in the family) up.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

I kind of believe that they don't know. From what i understand that it isn't that common in the UK to find out. Our British members may know more about it. It is also believable that Kate knows and William doesn't especially if it is a boy since they are easier to spot on a scan. In Andrew Morton's book, Diana says she knew ahead that William and Harry were boys not the girl that Charles wanted. I don't think if W&K both know it would be spread out to entire family. Harry maybe Eugenie I don't think so.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Majesty

I somehow think they probably do know the sex of the baby, unless they want to be surprised. I'm thinking Catherine's maternal instinct's is probably telling her if she's having a girl or boy.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-07-2013, 03:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I somehow think they probably do know the sex of the baby, unless they want to be surprised. I'm thinking Catherine's maternal instinct's is probably telling her if she's having a girl or boy.
Probably, but instincts do play tricks sometimes. My mom thought I was a boy throughout the whole pregnancy, she said it was her instinct, and I already had a boy's name choosen. But in the end, when I was born I was a girl, she had to choose a girl's name then
Old 05-07-2013, 04:03 AM
Majesty

My mum was the same - predicted a girl all through her pregnancy with my brother and everyone around her said 'she is carrying it in such and such a way so she is having a girl' - she had a boy. With me she was carrying the same way to how she carried my brother, her instinct said I was a boy based on her earlier experience and guess what - this time a girl.

I have recently had a colleague at work who was told by everyone 'girl' - even the scan said girl - and yet a bouncy baby boy arrived.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Gentry

I just had a crazy thought... What if Catherine is carrying twins (as discussed early in her pregnancy as a possible cause for the extreme nausea), but claimed a "singleton" pregnancy to quell media insanity that impending twins would cause. Wouldn't that be an amazing thing to pull off if they tricked everyone and ended up with a boy AND a girl!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonelikeyou View Post
I just had a crazy thought... What if Catherine is carrying twins (as discussed early in her pregnancy as a possible cause for the extreme nausea), but claimed a "singleton" pregnancy to quell media insanity that impending twins would cause. Wouldn't that be an amazing thing to pull off if they tricked everyone and ended up with a boy AND a girl!
Oh god. No. I don't think I could take the media after something like that. It'll be insane enough as it is.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Serene Highness

That would be quite a ruse. I cant even imagine what a media frenzy it would cause. If it ends up being twins, I guess we will have our answer. I cant wait to find out.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm going into hibernation until this baby is born!

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge