The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
The idea that the press won't know fairly instantly what hospital Kate is taken to to give birth is absurd. Someone, whether it be their own staff, palace staff, a police protection officer or a staff member at the hospital concerned will tip off the press, whether on Twitter, or using text messages or phone calls. It will be impossible to keep such information out of the hands of the media. The only reason the press weren't tipped off about the pregnancy (sorry, but I think despite what he says the photographer from Ikon just got lucky, even a stopped clock is right twice a day) is because William and Kate had told no-one, until hospital treatment was required.

The first tradition on big occasions like this, whether it concerns births or deaths in the RF, is for a physical statement to be hung on the gate of BP (here is the announcement of Prince William's birth). Of course, in this day and age a statement will also be issued to the press using up to date means also.
I think the tradition of the plaque hung on the gates will continue but they the info will also be released on on twitter, facebook, etc.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The idea that the press won't know fairly instantly what hospital Kate is taken to to give birth is absurd..
Where did anyone say that? I simply stated that the press will know when Catherine is there, I'm not sure how they're going to know before it seems unlikely they'll announce it for obvious security reasons.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if William will be present at birth.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think the tradition of the plaque hung on the gates will continue but they the info will also be released on on twitter, facebook, etc.
I think they will hang the notice on the gates and then release the info publicly pretty much simultaneously. The BRF is very much about tradition and it's traditional that the notice be hung on the gates.

Incidentally, I think St. Mary's Hospital will be chosen as the hospital and as far as I know, there are no photographs of pregnant royals arriving by car and going in the front door, so they must enter by a secure way. (There are photographs of royals coming out the front door with the baby - but not going in.)

Among others St. Mary's has seen the birth of Peter and Zara; William and Harry; 3 of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester's children - (Alexander, Davina & Rose); as well as the Kent's children - (Frederick and Gabriella).
Old 01-14-2013, 02:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post
I think they will hang the notice on the gates and then release the info publicly pretty much simultaneously. The BRF is very much about tradition and it's traditional that the notice be hung on the gates.

Incidentally, I think St. Mary's Hospital will be chosen as the hospital and as far as I know, there are no photographs of pregnant royals arriving by car and going in the front door, so they must enter by a secure way. (There are photographs of pregnant royals coming out the front door with the baby - but not going in.)

Among others St. Mary's has seen the birth of both of Peter and Zara; William and Harry; 3 of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester's children - (Alexander, Davina & Rose); as well as the Kent's children - (Frederick and Gabriella).
I'm pretty sure that is incorrect.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
I wonder if William will be present at birth.
As I recall his father was there for the birth of his sons so it wouldn't surprise me if William was there.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
I'm pretty sure that is incorrect.
Fixed it!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
As a Brit who was in the US on a 4th of July a few years ago and stood watching fireworks as those around me shouted "down with the British!", I think it's probably best if our royals avoid visiting on that particular date!
I find that hard to believe, even though I believe you. The vast majority of Americans would find that embarrassing, as Bensgal said.

And don't worry, we giraffes are very protective of the young. We can kick the heads of strong predators with our long legs.

Besides, the press would never think of looking here....

Can anyone find me prints of corgis playing poker? I really want them to feel at home here.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Majesty

I'm glad that Catherine is feeling better and will be able to perform some public engagements in a month's time. I was thinking that the due date would be in the ball park of July or August, so I'm sure things will start heating up as the time approaches.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I thought the Cambridges baby will be christened in the same gown William & Harry was christened in. Is this the same gown you all are talking about?
Now that we can discuss in this thread....yes, the old christening gown was preserved after Lady Louise. James, Viscount Severn, was the first child to use the new gown.

Excerpt: James became the first Royal baby to wear a hand-made christening gown commissioned by the Queen.
The gown, made by the Queen's dresser Angela Kelly and Buckingham Palace's team of dressmakers, is a replica of one of Queen Victoria's daughters' christening gowns which was worn at subsequent Royal christenings, including that of James's four-year-old sister Louise, but has now been preserved.

Read more: Christening at the castle for Sophie Wessex's sweet baby James | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 01-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Nobility

Never knew Sophie had a second child,where have I been?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Now that we can discuss in this thread....
Excerpt: James became the first Royal baby to wear a hand-made christening gown commissioned by the Queen.
The gown, made by the Queen's dresser Angela Kelly and Buckingham Palace's team of dressmakers, is a replica of one of Queen Victoria's daughters' christening gowns...
Read more: Christening at the castle for Sophie Wessex's sweet baby James | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
We all grouse about the DM and how biased it is, but it's also wonderful at things like this. That's a great baby photo and you can see so much detail on the gown.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I would like Will and Kate to consider my home near Atlanta, Georgia, as the place to give birth to The Child. Here is my reasoning:

1) I am their biggest fan
2) The house is spacious and air-conditioned. I will redo the master bedroom with portraits of the past Kings and Queens of Britain in order to welcome the baby and give it some idea of the decor at Gran's house(s).
3) I live on land chartered by King George II, lost by King George III, and in fact named in honor of those Germanic Georges. If the birth takes place here, you can almost bet this baby will be a little "George." Some sort of symbiotic full circle thing will occur we royal watchers in the U.S. so desperately want.
4) It would throw the press of the scent and allow Will and Kate the privacy they deserve. Who knew that a future British monarch would be born amongst giraffes in Georgia?
5) Does the prime minister have to witness the birth, or something? Why, no problemo. Mr. and Mrs. Cameron and Mr. Giraffe and I could have a few drinks out at the neighborhood pool, the kids could all swim and we could grill out (these things take time). When we come up to verify the birth we'd be sure to bring the new parents a plate of hotdogs, baked beans and coleslaw - because this mother's comfort is our only priority!
VERY Funny! (Smile)
Old 01-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Never knew Sophie had a second child,where have I been?

If you are serious, you might want to check out
Sophie gave birth to a son: James Alexander Philip Theo, Viscount Severn: 17.12.07 , Godparents for Viscount Severn , and Christening of Viscount Severn at Windsor, 19 April 2008 .

Old 01-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Serene Highness

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe
I would like Will and Kate to consider my home near Atlanta, Georgia, as the place to give birth to The Child. Here is my reasoning:

1) I am their biggest fan
2) The house is spacious and air-conditioned. I will redo the master bedroom with portraits of the past Kings and Queens of Britain in order to welcome the baby and give it some idea of the decor at Gran's house(s).
3) I live on land chartered by King George II, lost by King George III, and in fact named in honor of those Germanic Georges. If the birth takes place here, you can almost bet this baby will be a little "George." Some sort of symbiotic full circle thing will occur we royal watchers in the U.S. so desperately want.
4) It would throw the press of the scent and allow Will and Kate the privacy they deserve. Who knew that a future British monarch would be born amongst giraffes in Georgia?
5) Does the prime minister have to witness the birth, or something? Why, no problemo. Mr. and Mrs. Cameron and Mr. Giraffe and I could have a few drinks out at the neighborhood pool, the kids could all swim and we could grill out (these things take time). When we come up to verify the birth we'd be sure to bring the new parents a plate of hotdogs, baked beans and coleslaw - because this mother's comfort is our only priority!

When I read this I chuckled to myself. I also thought of something. What would happen if Kate and Williams were in the United States or another country and Kate suddenly went into labor and gave birth earlier than expected (a couple of weeks or a month early, for example). If the child was born in the United States, he or she would automatically be an American citizen. Would the child then have dual citizenship (British and American)?

If would be interesting to find out if any royal who was pregnant and who went into labor or gave birth a little earlier than expected gave birth in another country. I can't think of any offhand.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent

THere is a restriction on most airlines about pregnant women passengers - I think its 7 months and over.

EDIT: But of course the baby could, under the circumstances you describe, bw born in Wales, rather than England.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe

Fantastic! A Fourth of July baby at my house. I am talking to my congressman now about the details.

George I was born in Germany.....
I'd love to join in. I am just a little up north from you in the Carolinas. I will bring my hubby, four kids, something for the grill, and the makings of champagne cocktails!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I find that hard to believe, even though I believe you. The vast majority of Americans would find that embarrassing, as Bensgal said.

And don't worry, we giraffes are very protective of the young. We can kick the heads of strong predators with our long legs.

Besides, the press would never think of looking here....

Can anyone find me prints of corgis playing poker? I really want them to feel at home here.
I could imagine someone who started celebrating the 4th of July with a 5th of something might shout that out loud. Apart from that I'd only expect to hear "Down with the British" at a reenactment battle site.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:39 AM
Aristocracy

Since my birthday is in July I am very happy that the baby will share my birth month (and maybe even my birthday)
Old 01-15-2013, 05:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonelikeyou View Post
I'd love to join in. I am just a little up north from you in the Carolinas. I will bring my hubby, four kids, something for the grill, and the makings of champagne cocktails!
I'll text you as soon as the labor pains start. Don't wear any fascinators down here, don't want to tip off the press. But I might be a sport to our local media and alert the Gainesville Times first! But only afterwards of course.

I think I might register on her behalf over at Babies R Us, if I can find the right themed room - royal giraffes or something.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge