The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 07:54 AM
Royal Highness

Mail starts to make assumptions again...
This actually means nothing, when my aunt was pregnant (with a girl and she knew it), she and her husband decided to buy a blue buggy, because its more pretty and girls can use blue (and of course if they brought pink, it would be a problem if she had a boy next).

The way we can be sure about the baby's gender when buying a "certain object" in a specific color, like clothes, buggy, etc...is the pink color, we can be sure its a girl if a women buys a certain clothe or buggy in pink, however with blue, we can't be sure, because girls wear blue a lot, either in clothes or objects.

So this is nonesense from Mail...once again...

Old 04-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Aristocracy

Kate Middleton's biggest clue to the sex of her unborn child... | Mail Online

Quote:
... the Royal couple have revealed they have a shortlist of boys’ and girls’ names.
Quelle surprise

Quote:
Alexandra and Elizabeth are said to be favourites for a girl, with George in the running for a boy.
No attribution, so we may conclude that some Daily Mail hack has made this up.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
The way we can be sure about the baby's gender when buying a "certain object" in a specific color, like clothes, buggy, etc...is the pink color, we can be sure its a girl if a women buys a certain clothe or buggy in pink
I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that. Some people just love the colour pink.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Royal Highness

But it is unreal to buy a buggy in pink if you're having a boy, no matter how much you love that color.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with the above. Most parents will not buy pink for their son or blue for their daughter. But again I take the story with a grain of salt because of the source.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
But it is unreal to buy a buggy in pink if you're having a boy, no matter how much you love that color.
Why? The baby doesn't care what color it is and the buggy functions the same way either way.

I know a lot of people won't do it, but that's changing. People are recognizing that colors do not need to be strictly tied to gender.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

The baby isn't the one buying the clothes or carriages, the parents are. And some parents don't care about color=gender but I'm pretty confident William and Kate aren't one of those parents, that's why people are making a big deal out of the color of her baby carriage.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Royal Highness

Blue for a carriage is gender neutral, as far as I'm concerned. People tend to buy these items for their functionality and safety ratings, rather than appearance. If she did not want to reveal the gender, she would never have purchased a carriage that she thought was gender specific. In other words, she sees the color of the carriage, as I do, as gender neutral if there is any truth to this story.

I bought a blue and green plaid carriage without knowing the gender, figuring it would look cleaner after serving its purpose of rolling around city streets and it could be used for all children, boys and girls. And pink fabric on an outdoor item is very impractical.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Serene Highness

The buggy story seems like nonsense- Kate tells the Irish guards wives on st paddy's day that she ordered a blue buggy. Wasn't it 2 weeks ago that Kate and Carole were spotted at John Lewis dept store browsing the car seats and buggys. She also wore a blue dress last week and William and Harry had on blue ties at the HP events - all baby gender clues
Old 04-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hate Bugaboo buggies, but if it's her choice then why not. I prefer them to "jogger buggies" (the 3 wheeled buggies). I like the colour light blue and I am in the group who don't think that because it's blue it's a boy as girls can use light blue buggies. Or perhaps it's all mind work from Kate and her PR people to put people "off the scent" and surprise us all when they introduce little HRH Princess "Insert name" of Cambridge swaddled in a pink fluffy blanket in the arms of William.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Nobility

Ah yes - lucky she didn't buy a green buggy - because then she would expect a baby from Mars
Old 04-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
Ah yes - lucky she didn't buy a green buggy - because then she would expect a baby from Mars
That made my day
Old 04-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Royal Highness

Or she simply likes blue.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
...William and Harry had on blue ties at the HP events - all baby gender clues
This is unreal. Maybe a genetic cue, because sons run in the family.

“These people aren't for you,” he warned. “They will chew you up and spit you out...." -Vanity Fair
Old 04-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rft View Post
Who's family? I'd say its about even in the Windsors these days. And I haven't a clue with the Middletons

EDIT: And girls definitely run in the Spencers

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
The baby isn't the one buying the clothes or carriages, the parents are. And some parents don't care about color=gender but I'm pretty confident William and Kate aren't one of those parents, that's why people are making a big deal out of the color of her baby carriage.
I was disputing the suggestion that we can be "sure" that a baby is a girl if the expectant mother buys pink. I don't dispute that it's usually the case, but it is not without exception. I have no particular opinion about the Cambridges' colour preferences.

In any case, it seems that spare sets of canopy and apron are available for that buggy, so it's quite possible that she has bought one in another colour too.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rft View Post
I was being sarcastic
Old 04-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Majesty

This tells me nothing. When my parents had my sister, they had a dark blue buggy. I know that given a choice, I'd get a buggy in a color that is workable for either gender, and any shade of blue falls in that category. DM needs to find other things to focus on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
Either that, or our favorite Duchess had some Green Elixir that a traveling salesman from a faraway land offered her while William was off rescuing some poor soul lost on the Welsh coast...

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Who's family? I'd say its about even in the Windsors these days. And I haven't a clue with the Middletons

EDIT: And girls definitely run in the Spencers
No, I wasn't serious at all. I did read some posts that compared the no. of girls/boys for the Windsors, so someone already said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I was being sarcastic
Similarly.

“These people aren't for you,” he warned. “They will chew you up and spit you out...." -Vanity Fair
Old 04-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Serene Highness

Well, they can be like King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, only having daughters. I would like to see that happening again.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge