Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I donno... The way the article's worded in my opinion gives a bit too much credit to Diana on the issue, an at the expense of others.

It says,
In 1983, Diana, Princess of Wales, change the setting of the royal delivery room by insisting that her child be born in hospital. Diana had been married to the Prince of Wales for less than a year at the time of William's arrival and was uncomfortable giving birth in a palace setting.

To me the way it's worded suggests that it was unheard of for royals to give birth in hospital prior to Diana. However, when you look at the history of it - between 1974 (Lord Ulster) and 1984 (Harry) there were 9 births to British royals, all at St. Mary's and all under the care of George Pinker - it seems to suggest that Diana didn't have to insist on a hospital birth and in fact it may have been suggested by the obstetrician (who was the Queen's gynaecologist at the time).

I hope the baby is born on July 1st, its my mom b-day, that would be so cool!

It is also Diana's birthday, so some people would like that and others wouldn't. It is Canada Day too though, so that would be neat.

Tomorrow is William 31st Birthday, We have been talking about all the other birthday but it would be cool if the Baby was born on William Birthday. Not saying Catherine will have tomorrow (I guess you really don't know) But it would pretty cool/nice and for William it would be pretty special I am sure.

My oldest daughter was born on her father's 35th birthday. It was so cool in the delivery room. Everyone singing Happy Birthday to both of them. She is 13 now, and they love sharing that day.

Unless Baby Cambridge doesn't come in the 2 hours and half it looks like missed the boat with Williams birthday. :lol:

Unless Baby Cambridge doesn't come in the 2 hours and half it looks like missed the boat with Williams birthday. :lol:

Apparently the baby came to the conclusion that Daddy's birthday party is extremely boring and decided to postpone the coming to the world. :lol::ROFLMAO:

We've still for 1 hour and 43 minutes left people! A very quickly labour could occur ;)

I donno... The way the article's worded in my opinion gives a bit too much credit to Diana on the issue, an at the expense of others.

It says,

To me the way it's worded suggests that it was unheard of for royals to give birth in hospital prior to Diana. However, when you look at the history of it - between 1974 (Lord Ulster) and 1984 (Harry) there were 9 births to British royals, all at St. Mary's and all under the care of George Pinker - it seems to suggest that Diana didn't have to insist on a hospital birth and in fact it may have been suggested by the obstetrician (who was the Queen's gynaecologist at the time).

It would appear that the year the article is listing is wrong too. It should be 1982, not 1983.

I wonder if we'll have something in common with Baby C birthday.

For me I only have is July 1st (my mom's b-day) and July 9th (my first-cousin's b-day).

For other royal related, there's lots of marriage anniversaries, such as: Pavlos & Marie-Chantal's (July 1st); King Albert II and Queen Paola's (July 2nd); Prince Albert and Princess Charlene’s (July 2nd); Prince Alois and Princess Sophie's (July 3rd); ...

As well as other birthday's, such as: Princess Diana (July 1st); Princess Takamado (July 10th); CP Victoria (July 14th); Sultan Hassanal (July 15th); Duchess of Cornwall (July 17th); Prince Haakon (July 20th); Sheikh Mohammed of Dubai (July 22nd); ...

Or other important events such as Independence Day (July 4th), National Day of Belgium (July 21st), ...just to name a few.

Almost had heart failure..until......I kept reading...whew!!!!!

I have to admit that I get more exited everyday! When I see that this thread has a new post I have my gingers crossed, I make sure phone is on me at all times so I don't miss anything including Alerts and updates. Also if Catherine were to have the baby in the middle of the night will they wait and post the Bulletin (Announcement) on the Buckingham Palace Gates when it daylight out? And wait until morning to make a announcement?

I have to admit that I get more exited everyday! When I see that this thread has a new post I have my gingers crossed, I make sure phone is on me at all times so I don't miss anything including Alerts and updates. Also if Catherine were to have the baby in the middle of the night will they wait and post the Bulletin (Announcement) on the Buckingham Palace Gates when it daylight out? And wait until morning to make a announcement?

if you read the latest posts re the birth of baby Cambridge, they will not announce the birth until HMQ has been told, and they will not wake her to tell her. So after 08:00 after the birth.

if you read the latest posts re the birth of baby Cambridge, they will not announce the birth until HMQ has been told, and they will not wake her to tell her. So after 08:00 after the birth.

Why wouldn't they wake her to tell her?

Why wouldn't they wake her to tell her?

I don't know, maybe because she's an elderly woman and needs her rest. I'm sure waiting until after she's at least wiped the sleep crust from her eyes before informing her that her great-grandson/granddaughter has been born will not upset the monarchy.

I don't know, maybe because she's an elderly woman and needs her rest. I'm sure waiting until after she's at least wiped the sleep crust from her eyes before informing her that her great-grandson/granddaughter has been born will not upset the monarchy.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I just meant that I know in my family, that's news that people like delivered right away. My grandmother's older than the queen, but she wanted a call the second my cousin went into labor and would have been very upset not to be told right away.

I know that varies from person to person, but I would think that would be news the Queen would be happy to be woken up for. Just my own perspective though.

I just meant that I know in my family, that's news that people like delivered right away. My grandmother's older than the queen, but she wanted a call the second my cousin went into labor and would have been very upset not to be told right away.

I know that varies from person to person, but I would think that would be news the Queen would be happy to be woken up for. Just my own perspective though.

I would wake her up as well .... at least the new Generation to the throne is Born.
BYe Bine

And The Queen has to be the first to know as well.

Also The Queen was born at 2:40 in the morning by Caesarean section

Last edited:
It could be that as all of the announcements are made in succession - the Queen is told then the easel goes out with the announcement and the gun salute is made and what have you - and as the bulk of it is stuff that can more readily be enjoyed by the public in daytime hours, they might take that into consideration.

Consider, say Baby Cambridge is born at 3AM - how many people are going to be congregated outside BP to see the easel announcing the birth? And do the people of London really want a 3AM gun salute? Or church bells ringing?

Let HM sleep through it. She is usually woken at 8AM, although I can see her being woken a bit earlier day of, and go through the pageantry of it all as people start to go out on the streets a bit more. Sure it sucks for those of us living outside of Britain and in different time zones, but as we'll have waited 9 months for the birth, we can wait a bit longer so HM's sleep isn't disturbed.

I dont think there will be anything secret about this birth. The press will be camped outside St Marys and will let eveyone know before anything is hung on the palace gates and cannons fired.

I dont think there will be anything secret about this birth. The press will be camped outside St Marys and will let eveyone know before anything is hung on the palace gates and cannons fired.

That's assuming that someone is going to be telling the press at St Mary's before the official announcement via the palace gates is made.

The press may make an unofficial announcement that Catherine has gone into labour through their stake out, but I doubt anyone's going to be going out there to tell them that the birth has happened before the Queen is told, the easel is hung, and cannons fired. And given how long labour can last having the scoop that she's gone into labour is not the same as the announcement of a birth.

I agree. No way they will be able to keep a lid on what is happening. I think the sex of the child may be the only thing we may be surprised with.

That's assuming that someone is going to be telling the press at St Mary's before the official announcement via the palace gates is made.

The press may make an unofficial announcement that Catherine has gone into labour through their stake out, but I doubt anyone's going to be going out there to tell them that the birth has happened before the Queen is told, the easel is hung, and cannons fired. And given how long labour can last having the scoop that she's gone into labour is not the same as the announcement of a birth.

I agree...I think William and Catherine have been instrumental in orchestrating this bit of theater and we will know when she goes into labor, but I do hope they are able to announce it as they plan.

Though I am fully convinved that it is going to be a girl..still a faint hope simmers in me that my enormous desire that it should be a boy comes true..PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..Godddddd

Though I am fully convinved that it is going to be a girl..still a faint hope simmers in me that my enormous desire that it should be a boy comes true..PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..Godddddd

Why the favor for a boy?

I don't see KP or SJP announcing that Kate went into labor.

I see her going to the hospital through a secret entrance several days prior to delivery at the 1st sign of contractions.

I see her being driven by her mom in an unknown vehicle or being driven by a unrecognizable person in an unknown vehicle to a different hospital other than St Mary's.

What it actually says is that sources are reporting that it isn't expected that the Queen will be woken up. That means that day of, who knows what will actually happen regarding waking HM up. For all we know, Catherine could go into labour in the evening and HM and the DoE could spend the night sitting up beside the phone waiting for the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom