Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I agree it's not really a good idea to take a newborn out of its routine and schlep it up to the Back O Beyond, for all of the reasons you state, and as I said, albeit jokingly, Balmoral is not exactly the place I'd want to take my own baby - but I'm serious about that.

Also, isn't Balmoral a bit distant from decent medical care? A newborn can't fly due to their ears - must wait about 8 weeks or so.

All in all, if I were a new mother, I'd put my foot down about Balmoral at three weeks, esp. if the birth is a C-section.

And as TLLK mentioned, the soothing sounds of that bagpipe.....:ermm:
As the veteran of 2 C-sections I have to agree. Long distance trips would have been a "No thank you." for the first month or so. This would mean a long train or car ride for both mother and child.

It's a lovely gesture from the Queen, but would anyone be surprised if they said no?

I would be surprised if they go to Scotland. William only has 2 weeks of paternity leave from the RAF and he won't be done until September. Kate isn't taking the baby to Scotland by herself. Baby C isn't going to do much besides eat, poop , cry and sleep. The summer opening of BP is July 27 so the queen will be in London for most of July so she and Phillip will most likely be able to see the baby before they go.

I would be surprised if they go to Scotland. William only has 2 weeks of paternity leave from the RAF and he won't be done until September. Kate isn't taking the baby to Scotland by herself. Baby C isn't going to do much besides eat, poop , cry and sleep. The summer opening of BP is July 27 so the queen will be in London for most of July so she and Phillip will most likely be able to see the baby before they go.

Holyrood week is 2-6 July. The Queen then normally goes to Balmoral immediately afterwards - she won't be in England after 1st July until September.

Has it been confirmed she's having a c-section?

LaRae

Has it been confirmed she's having a c-section?

LaRae

No - more speculation. And it wouldn't be announced in advance, only after the birth. It is considered a private matter

Holyrood week is 2-6 July. The Queen then normally goes to Balmoral immediately afterwards - she won't be in England after 1st July until September.

Maybe Her Majesty will be Skyping the new family! :lol:

She isn't going to any of the events of the coronation festival in mid July? For the past 2 years, the queen came back from Holyrood week to London. Last year the Olympics were after Holyrood and in 2011 she and Kate toured the wedding exhibit at the palace before it opened on 7-22. If the queen stays in Scotland after Holyrood why isn't BP opened all of July then. The special exhibit is only in one section off the picture gallery.

She isn't going to any of the events of the coronation festival in mid July? For the past 2 years, the queen came back from Holyrood week to London. Last year the Olympics were after Holyrood and in 2011 she and Kate toured the wedding exhibit at the palace before it opened on 7-22. If the queen stays in Scotland after Holyrood why isn't BP opened all of July then. The special exhibit is only in one section off the picture gallery.

Ooops - sorry. You're right she will be back. That's blown that viewpoint :lol:

Is there any chance giraffes will oversee the birth?

It's a lucky omen. :cool:

As the veteran of 2 C-sections I have to agree. Long distance trips would have been a "No thank you." for the first month or so. This would mean a long train or car ride for both mother and child.

It's a lovely gesture from the Queen, but would anyone be surprised if they said no?

Why would she need a caesarean section? She's young, fit and healthy.

Just because she young, Fit healthy doesn't mean she will not need one. My cousin was Young (22), Fit and Healthy and she still needed a C-Section when she gave birth to her first child.

I kinda think the baby may come early too. I hope so - I can't wait to see her/him!!! I think it would be awesome though if the baby was born on the 16th or 17th. Those are my mom and aunt's birthdays.

I'm really excited to see what the name will be. :)

You forget Camilla's birthday is the 17th. Diana's was the 1st, and their wedding anniversary was the 29th (my birthday!!!) My mom hopes that if it's a girl, she's not born on either the 1st or the 29th, but I told her are you forgetting something? (regarding the latter of those two dates, mentioned earlier in the post)

Last edited:
You are right - I forgot about that!! Well, unless they induce labor I don't think they will have much say over when the baby chooses to come!

If the baby is breech then most OB/GYNs automatically order a C-section. If there is distress to either mother or baby that has the doctor concerned or if labor does not progress. :)

Decent medical care? Do you think Scotland is a third world country? Catherine could have 15 doctors move into Balmoral if she wanted. You do not have to fly to Scotland, you can travel by train and then car.

I believe the point is most doctors will say no to a baby flying. I would say they would chose to stay with the baby. Diana left William to go over seas and hated being away from him. With both Catherine and William in their early thirties I say they will have it all together and not make a mistake.

Just because she young, Fit healthy doesn't mean she will not need one. My cousin was Young (22), Fit and Healthy and she still needed a C-Section when she gave birth to her first child.

I'm not saying she won't need one. I haven't read all of this thread It just seemed from the comments as if it had already been decided/announced that she was having a caesarean.

I was a practicing midwife for 25 years and have delivered thousands of babies and so I know there are many women who need caesareans who are young, fit and healthy. Given the limited information we have about Catherine's pregnancy I couldn't work out why it had already been decided she (as opposed to someone's sister, mother, best friend, aunt etc, etc) needs one.

Seems I was reading too much into comments and it's just speculation.

If the baby is breech then most OB/GYNs automatically order a C-section. If there is distress to either mother or baby that has the doctor concerned or if labor does not progress. :)

Is it breach? Is it in distress? Are there any other of the myriad reasons for ceasarean present?

We would only ever find out about a C Section after the birth. We will not be told anything prior to birth. Why do people seem to get off on speculating about dire circumstances and worst case scenarios?

My cousin had a C-section for her first because he was almost two feet in length, and she's only 5 feet tall. For her second, we knew in advance that she was having another C-section, and it was pre-scheduled; the first time there's been a pre-booked birth in our family.

Also Britney Spears and Victoria Beckham both requested C-sections. Britney's was moved up a day because she went into labour.

We would only ever find out about a C Section after the birth. We will not be told anything prior to birth. Why do people seem to get off on speculating about dire circumstances and worst case scenarios?

Because in my experience women would rather scare a new mother to be by telling her horror stories than reassuring her that most women give birth to healthy babies without problems. I could never understand why they did it. I would feel so sorry for these young women who looked absolutely terrified as some relative or stranger would launch into a horror story out of John Carpenter or Edgar Allen Poe - I swear I expected to hear someone describe the "birth scene" from Alien.

My cousin had a C-section for her first because he was almost two feet in length, and she's only 5 feet tall. For her second, we knew in advance that she was having another C-section, and it was pre-scheduled; the first time there's been a pre-booked birth in our family.

Also Britney Spears and Victoria Beckham both requested C-sections. Britney's was moved up a day because she went into labour.

But none of that means Catherine will need a caesarean.

Last edited:
Right now Kate is listening to one person about how things are gonna go and that's her doc.

We speculate on what can be and that's natural.. we're all anxious for the healthy birth of Baby C.

One thing I wonder.... when I was about to give birth to my first, as the time approached, inquiries by both sides of the family got so bad we had to go out and buy a blackboard and chalk and keep a tally of which side was calling the most to find out if anything is happening yet. :ROFLMAO: Wonder what Will and Kate are doing that's amusing in this aspect.

My first at the time of due date was in the breech position and doc said not to worry... we also had a blizzard the following morning (and there was a sale at K-Mart on tents) so I told my "bump" he had to wait a week. He did. Downside was he wasn't born on St. Pat's day as I would have liked and get the name Patrick Robert (was naming after granddads). Born a week later and named Robert Patrick. For most of his childhood he was called Robbie Pat.

C-sections are done way to often nowdays. Many times just 'because' not for any medical reason.

LaRae

A case of "too Posh to push"???? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Victoria has also had other children and perhaps in her history there is a reason that the attending OB/GYN could honor her request. Sometimes it just makes sense.

My daughter has a lifelong history of severe endometriosis and was told the chances of bearing a child was very slim. She had both her boys by c-section and by choice.

BTW: my grandson Patrick was born on St. Pat's day. :D

The final count down begins...excited to know if it's a boy or girl...i'm guessing a boy! On a side note, the duchess looks simply amazing throughout her pregnancy!

if its is a boy, what do you think the middle names will be? if the give 3 names it would be nice and logical charles and michael dont' you think so?
And, informtion: Could someone please tell me if the communicate outside buck palace is the only official one?

if its is a boy, what do you think the middle names will be? if the give 3 names it would be nice and logical charles and michael dont' you think so?
And, informtion: Could someone please tell me if the communicate outside buck palace is the only official one?

There's been quite a lot of name and godparent suggesting going on in its own thread since just about the time we all got wind that Kate was pregnant. :D

I believe that the official announcement from Buckingham Palace is the "big" official one. There are examples given elsewhere on this forum but for the life of me, I can't remember where. Not enough coffee in me yet.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-duchess-of-cambridges-first-child-34098.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom